WXV: The Pacific Islanders

Started by c4v3m4n, November 14, 2011, 01:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Round 13

Pacific Islanders 21.11.137 defeated Cairo Sands 19.10.124

Match write-up coming soon. (Didn't have enough time... :()

Statistics

Votes

PowerBug

c4v3m4n

Round 14

Tokyo Samurai 19.9.123 defeated by    Pacific Islanders 21.13.139

Do note though, Chris Judd played his last match for the season this week as will miss the last 3 games due to suspension. Can Petrie catch him....

Statistics

Votes

c4v3m4n

Quote from: PowerBug on August 22, 2012, 11:00:37 PM
Is is crazily awesome c4! o_O

Cheers PB. Just wish I had of had more time to do the match write-ups... :-\

c4v3m4n

Round 15

Pacific Islanders 19.11.125 defeated by Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers 24.14.158

Statistics

Votes

PowerBug

Heeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeeee comes Petrie!!

c4v3m4n

Round 16

Mexico City Suns 24.15.159 defeated Pacific Islanders 17.13.115

Statistics

Votes

PowerBug

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, he needs 3 votes in the final match to take it home does Petrie!

CrowsFan

Petrie 5 goals in round 17 for the Islanders. Surely he will snare at least 3 votes that will give him the award!

c4v3m4n

The Unsung Hero Award

Everyone in the football community know that these medal counts are predominately won by midfielders and forwards.

Tonight we honor the Pacific Islanders best defender with the Unsung Hero award. The coaching panel and leadership group at the Pacific Islanders voted on the best defender and the medal will be presented by Group Chief Executive Officer for BSP, Mr. Ian B. Clyne.

"Thank you gentlemen. It is a privilege and an honour to be a part of such a great sporting franchise, dare I say it, the best sporting franchise in the World. A big claim, but the heart and soul that comes from within this small Pacific region makes this place that extra bit special. We wish the Islanders all the best in the off-season and into next season."

"Now, the winner of the 2012 Pacific Islanders Unsung Hero Award goes to...."

"....Josh Gibson!"

*Applause*

Well done Josh Gibson. Fantastic award for such a talented player.

Well, only one round to go. Drew Petrie is hot on Chris Judd's heals, will he snatch victory, we'll see in just a moment's time.

c4v3m4n

Round 17 - The FINAL Round

Sao Paulo Pumas 24.13.157 defeated Pacific Islanders 19.13.127

You all know I'm gonna stretch this out for suspense.... ;) But not too long.

Statistics

Votes

Hawka

Wow!! what a finish! thought Judd wasnt gonna win it at the start of the night

that was just orgasmic C4 ;)

c4v3m4n

The Presentation

Congratulations to Drew Petrie, the first winner of the Pacific Islanders Club Champion award! A big round of applause!

Head Coach c4v3m4n will now present Drew Petrie with his medal.

"Congratulations Drew, well done mate", c4v3m4n says as he hands Petrie his medal.

"Thank you everyone. Wow. I'm shocked actually. The nerves in that final round got to me...wow. Commiserations to Chris Judd, I thought you played your heart and soul out this year and you were the winner in my eyes. Congratulations to our other medal winners tonight, Sam Reid, Curtly Hampton, Simon Black and Josh Gibson as well, all well deserved."

"A big massive thank you to everyone that turned up tonight, especially the coaches from other World 15 teams, we appreciate your support."

"Lastly, a gigantic round of applause is needed for our head coach, c4v3m4n. The time and effort this coach has put into this team this year, is unlike any other coach I have seen whilst playing football. There is no better coach, nor better bloke in the World 15s today."

Well that brings the night to a close. Drew Petrie has taken the first Pacific Islanders Club Champion Award home, winning by a single vote over Chris Judd in second.

Other award winners tonight:

The Rising Star Award: Sam Reid
The Reserves Player of the Year: Curtly Hampton
The Players Choice Award: Simon Black
The Unsung Hero Award: Josh Gibson

Thank you all for coming tonight, we hope you have enjoyed the coverage.

Goodnight.

c4v3m4n

Flower me that was exhausting....

...need a massive break, my back is killing me from sitting down!

I'll post the leaderboard as well as the total statistics for the season later tonight.

Did you all enjoy yourselves? ;)

Spinking

Great count c4 and well done Petrie on the win!

So much work you've put into this!!!  :)