Quote from: ossie85 on September 28, 2012, 06:14:04 AM

Sorry c4, reckon that team is heading for the spoon :(

Future, maybe, but yeah

Maybe my season 2013 tagline should be:

We'll prove them wrong. Again.

c4v3m4n

Forging New Alliances

by Marcus Stephenson

After being the first XV club to introduce guernseys, logos, posters, membership packages etc. The Pacific Islanders WXV club has announced today, yet another first for the XVs competition. After putting hostilities and rivalries aside, the Pacific Islanders have announced that they have forged "brother club" affliations with three other XV clubs in other competitions.

The Pacific Islanders WXV Football Club has now aligned and affiliated themselves with:

• The British Lions EXV Football Club
  • The Liverpool Lobsters BXV Football Club
  • The Sri Lanka Strikers AXV Football Club

The "brother club" affiliation between these clubs is a first for the overall competition and issues in a new level of prosperity for all of the clubs.

Members of the Pacific Islanders WXV Football Club now have reciprocal benefits at each of the Lions, Strikers and the Lobsters home games and well as discounted memberships and merchandise. Discounted travel packages will also be available from next year.

Head Coach of the Pacific Islanders, c4v3m4n, who recently accepted an assistants role at the Sri Lanka Strikers AXV Football Club, explained that after joining the Strikers he approached head coach Jayman and began exploring the idea of "brother club" affiliations.

Quote from: c4v3m4n"A lot of coaches in the WXV are involved in same way with other XV clubs. Coaches helping other coaches, its a great start but as usual, we like to explore how we can take it one step further."

"The Pacific Islanders are truly excited by this new initiative. We hope these ties will offer up new opportunities and promote any cross-projects of mutual benefit in the future between these fantastic clubs."

The four clubs have also agreed upon sharing training facilities at each respective clubs and also one day hope to hold intra-competition matches.

Quote from: c4v3m4n"With the idea of a Champions League being thrown around where WXV clubs would play other EXV, AXV and BXV clubs in some way, we believe that then opens up a realistic possibility for intra-club friendlies in the future and these team would be the first we'd ask. "

The affiliation will last until the end of the 2013 season, where the initiative will be reviewed and extended should it be deemed successful.

Purple 77

I thought ossie already did something like this, glad to be proven wrong  :P

Does it need saying? Top work as usual  8)

CrowsFan

Haha yep ossie has already created an affiliation with a club from each league. Plus I'm fairly sure I was the first team to create a logo for their club :P

Edit: Yep, just checked and I was using my logo as DP the day after you were announced coach of the Islanders, and had designed it before you even joined the comp :P

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 29, 2012, 08:58:41 AM
Haha yep ossie has already created an affiliation with a club from each league. Plus I'm fairly sure I was the first team to create a logo for their club :P

Edit: Yep, just checked and I was using my logo as DP the day after you were announced coach of the Islanders, and had designed it before you even joined the comp :P

I wasn't aware of ossie's affiliations. Was hard to find as it was just a small announcement. :P

Well, the Islanders were still the first to have a their own page, theme song, guernseys, home grounds, posters, press conferences, membership packages etc. More firsts than any other club combined.  ;) :P

Jay

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 29, 2012, 03:10:50 AM
Forging New Alliances

by Marcus Stephenson

After being the first XV club to introduce guernseys, logos, posters, membership packages etc. The Pacific Islanders WXV club has announced today, yet another first for the XVs competition. After putting hostilities and rivalries aside, the Pacific Islanders have announced that they have forged "brother club" affliations with three other XV clubs in other competitions.

The Pacific Islanders WXV Football Club has now aligned and affiliated themselves with:

• The British Lions EXV Football Club
  • The Liverpool Lobsters BXV Football Club
  • The Sri Lanka Strikers AXV Football Club

The "brother club" affiliation between these clubs is a first for the overall competition and issues in a new level of prosperity for all of the clubs.

Members of the Pacific Islanders WXV Football Club now have reciprocal benefits at each of the Lions, Strikers and the Lobsters home games and well as discounted memberships and merchandise. Discounted travel packages will also be available from next year.

Head Coach of the Pacific Islanders, c4v3m4n, who recently accepted an assistants role at the Sri Lanka Strikers AXV Football Club, explained that after joining the Strikers he approached head coach Jayman and began exploring the idea of "brother club" affiliations.

Quote from: c4v3m4n"A lot of coaches in the WXV are involved in same way with other XV clubs. Coaches helping other coaches, its a great start but as usual, we like to explore how we can take it one step further."

"The Pacific Islanders are truly excited by this new initiative. We hope these ties will offer up new opportunities and promote any cross-projects of mutual benefit in the future between these fantastic clubs."

The four clubs have also agreed upon sharing training facilities at each respective clubs and also one day hope to hold intra-competition matches.

Quote from: c4v3m4n"With the idea of a Champions League being thrown around where WXV clubs would play other EXV, AXV and BXV clubs in some way, we believe that then opens up a realistic possibility for intra-club friendlies in the future and these team would be the first we'd ask. "

The affiliation will last until the end of the 2013 season, where the initiative will be reviewed and extended should it be deemed successful.

great write up. Good luck for 2013 :)

Master Q

Rumour has it a huge announcement is coming...

KoopKicka

Maybe a new assistant coach perhaps?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Master Q on October 01, 2012, 09:59:52 PM
Rumour has it a huge announcement is coming...

The Pacific Islanders will be holding a LIVE press conference tomorrow night at approx. 8PM AEST.

c4v3m4n

Trade Window Week 4 Wrap Up

An updated list of the Islanders playing group is below.

Pacific Islanders Playing List (as of 02/10/2012)

DEF: Nick Smith, Matthew Jaensch, Matthew Watson, Tim Mohr, Tom Simpkin, Luke Delaney, Nathan Blee, Sam Darley, Luke Brown

MID: Tom Rockliff, Sam Gibson, Ben Howlett, Sam Blease, Claye Beams, Matthew de Boer, Shane Savage, David Ellard, Jason Tutt, Anthony Miles, Tom Mitchell, Mitchell Grigg, Jack Newnes, Jonathan Simpkin, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Harry Cunningham, Steve Clifton

RUC: Matthew Leuenberger, Billy Longer, Cameron Wood, Jarrod Witts, Tom Nicholls

FWD: Jeremy Howe, Ahmed Saad, Jordan Lisle, Jamie Elliott, Sam Reid, Todd Banfield, Curtly Hampton, Adam Tomlinson, Jackson Paine, Matt Campbell, John Anthony, Andrew Strijk, Tom Schneider

ND PICKS: 2, 6, 38, 57.

CrowsFan

Did you delete my comment, or did I forget to press post?? ???

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 02, 2012, 05:41:54 PM
Did you delete my comment, or did I forget to press post?? ???

I deleted it. I wasn't happy with those comments made about my team. I'd prefer if you kept your comments to yourself. :-X

CrowsFan

Haha fine... Happy to offer you one of my defenders though if you need it... ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 02, 2012, 05:52:22 PM
Haha fine... Happy to offer you one of my defenders though if you need it... ;)

PM me which ones are available CF. :)

c4v3m4n

LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE

Pacific Islanders CEO Mark O'Connor, Head Coach c4v3m4n and Director of Coaching Master Q enter the room.

Mark O'Connor: "Thank you everyone for coming tonight to this another Pacific Islanders press conference. Please be seated".

"What an exciting time for the Islanders. Our post-season trading window is in full swing and with the youth that is being brought in, it's safe to say, the future looks bright."

"There has been a lot of talk lately that this trading window has been damaging to the Islanders. Let it be known that the Islanders board fully backs and supports the youth policy that Head Coach c4v3m4n has implemented. It was put in place to fix past mistakes and will herald in a new age of success for this new club."

"The Islanders have called this meeting to announce some new changes to the club for the upcoming 2013 season".

"Firstly, the Islanders' main sponsors have changed for 2013."

"Air Pacific has joined the Islanders team as the main sponsor for 2013 and will also be the airline of choice for players, staff and members."

"Westpac has resigned with the Islanders in a three year deal as the minor sponsor."

"There will be no changes to any of the stadium sponsors at present".

Secondly, the have been changes made to the make up of the coaching staff at the Pacific Islanders". :o

Assistant coaches charliesheen and Impromptu have decided to take a leave of absence from the Islanders. We wish them the best of health, luck and prosperity during their time away from the club. We hope they return back soon. :)

The board has also decided to remove Master Q from his role of Director of Coaching.

Instead, he will join Head Coach c4v3m4n and become a Co-Head Coach of the Pacific Islanders.

Master Q has been instrumental in the shaping of this club and wanted to become more involved. Without him, c4v3m4n and the other assistant coaches, this fantastic club wouldn't be fantastic.

Assistant coach MTTY will also be placed in a new role of Recruitment and Talent Manager.

Finally, assistant coach hawk_88 has moved into the role of Player Development Manager.

This being said, the Islanders are now looking for people to fill the void in the following positions: Director of Coaching and Sport Science Manager. Please send all applications to c4v3m4n.

I will now hand the press conference over to Co-coaches c4v3m4n and Master Q. Thank you.

Quote from: Master Q
I am looking forward to working with c4v3m4n more and improving our team! My aim is to bring the Islanders much success in the future and hopefully bring home some premierships!

c4v3m4n: "Master Q has been a massively great help to me over the past couple months and I believed it was time that he joined me at the helm. I too look forward to working together and building the best possible future for this club."

"This all from us here at the Islanders today. Thank you all for coming".