Dangermouse.....will he go to the next level?

Started by nostradamus, November 13, 2011, 09:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Quote from: Marcz on November 14, 2011, 11:50:47 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 14, 2011, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: Marcz on November 14, 2011, 04:47:43 PM
i think he will definitely get a role change, for DT pass, for SC maybe

What do you think his new role will be?
ur guess is as good as mine...

ud hope a guy who can burn off Steven Hill with 5 bounces and bang it home from 50 wont play primarily as a FP tho

lt'd be good to see him put into the middle and given free reign

valkorum

I think people over-estimate Stephen Hills speed.  He has explosive speed to get up to speed but his top speed isnt one of the best in the comp.  Dangermouse has great top speed but not as explosive as Hill in getting there.

Iif you watched the grand final sprint that Hill was in he dominated the first 30-40m then was caught up by the pack.

nostradamus

Quote from: valkorum on November 14, 2011, 11:58:07 PM
I think people over-estimate Stephen Hills speed.  He has explosive speed to get up to speed but his top speed isnt one of the best in the comp.  Dangermouse has great top speed but not as explosive as Hill in getting there.

Iif you watched the grand final sprint that Hill was in he dominated the first 30-40m then was caught up by the pack.

spot on, he gets to top speed very very quickly

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: nostradamus on November 14, 2011, 11:55:28 PM
Quote from: Marcz on November 14, 2011, 11:50:47 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 14, 2011, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: Marcz on November 14, 2011, 04:47:43 PM
i think he will definitely get a role change, for DT pass, for SC maybe

What do you think his new role will be?
ur guess is as good as mine...

ud hope a guy who can burn off Steven Hill with 5 bounces and bang it home from 50 wont play primarily as a FP tho

lt'd be good to see him put into the middle and given free reign
midfield is definitely where he belongs...
if they dont give him more mid time, id hope they give him the run and carry half back role ala Yarran before playing him deep forward

Grazz

Not for me, rather spend the money elsewhere tbh.

salver11

Think he's a great player in the making but not there yet. For mine Adelaide's talent/list are extremely overated, that's why they didn't make the finals. VB Vince and Douglas massive down hill skiers and Sloane is jst a good honest batler, seeing some comments saying he will break out, don't think so! Anyhow the lack of talent around him doesn't help his scoring output.

And on fantasy scoring as we are 1 score over 100 in 62 games means wait and see for me but with some belief. For God's sake let him loose!

chatters24

Danger more suited to SC rather the DT. I will miss.

Mezzo

The answer to this question is extremely simple and that is - Patrick Dangerfield will not be at the Crows in 2013 UNLESS he is let off the leash next year into the midfield. Mark my words!
So he will be primarily a midfielder next which should translate into higher DT scoring.

Matty411

For me he would need to avg 85 + to be a worthwhile choice as a 'keeper' in your forward line (would not consider in midfield). But as a breakout player I'd be hoping he scores 90 + to be considered a successful pick. With Adelaide's favourable draw and more time in the midfield; along with an improving crows outfit likely to get more ball in the fwd half, one would think Danger is ready to take the step up.

Pros

-Heading into 5th year and is starting to mature as a football player
-Has proven his durability playing 22 games last year and only missing 6 in his last 3 years
-Is set for more midfield time under new coach Sanderson
-Should benefit from Sanderson's coaching style and be given more room to move
-Has the undoubted potential to breakout as a player
-Has great JS and is secured in the Crows top 21
-Adelaide has a favourable draw (especially the first 5 games - Suns, Dogs, Hawks, Giants and Port)
-He has improved his endurance and will be looking to build on that to become more consistent in 2012

There are plenty of cons as well but based on the above, there is enough to suggest he is worth a crack this year; although people have been saying he's ready for the last 2 seasons so the question really is(are):

Will 2012 be the year Danger breaks out as a player and DT star? Or will he fall away again to cement himself as one of the more overrated players in recent memory?

The F.A.R.K.

He has the favourable fixture, has put on a heap of mkuscle and has been training hard for midfield time so he should definately improve but I really doubt his Concistency to hit his ceiling on a regular basis. He isn't the sort of player who is going to rack up 35+ possesions a game. There is a reason he is compared to Mark Rucciuto and that is because he is a good, hard at the ball, heart on the sleeve player. He puts in for his team and does the one percenters but he isnt a Tyson Edwards or Scott Thompson. Id probably expect a 10 point increase at most mainly because he will play a bit more in the midfield rather than in the foward line. TBH i reckon patty would make a perfect half-back flanker which would not only be great for the crows but also dt because he would rack up the points and we could select him as a defender. It would be perfect for his sort of game and he has the pace to run it down the wings into Walker and Tippett. But in Terms of DT 2012 he isnt for me, with players like Mitch Robbo, Sidebutt and Leigh Adams avaliable in fwds there are too many options and many are better than Danger unfportunately. It is mainly his consistency that worrys me because while he might hit a few 100s throughout the year he is having quite games where he might only get 40-70 way too often

picker_man

Windigo