Scrads. 16 starting premiums ? (4th page)

Started by Scrads, November 11, 2011, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Zip, agree with everything you said, but one thing. Fyfe is a becoming more of a midfielder. Whilst Johnson, Franklin and Goodes (04), Pavlich (06) are just forward line players.

I believe Fyfe will improve in 2012, whether it be just by 1 or 2 points or 5 higher. I still believe there will be some form of improvement.

Scrads

Getting back onto the topic of my team  :P

I've swapped Riewoldt and Byrnes for Cloke and Zorko, meaning i have 48k remaining instead of 13k, so hopefully is easier to fit in the salary cap  :)

DT Gun

Scrads

Hawksrule FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $42,500.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Greg Broughton, Luke Brown Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Will Hoskin-Elliott Anthony Miles, Dylan Shiel

Shane Mumford, Trent West Jonathan Giles, Josh Jenkins

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom, Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Panos, Jason Porplyzia Ahmed Saad, Dayne Zorko

(updated version)

What do you think DT Gun ?

DT Gun

Hartlett will score well until he gets injured, but i guess you can take that risk because u have a pretty stacked backline, not for me personally i like to lock in premiums and have 1 smokie. Broughton is a gun, but we all have to wait to see what role he plays under a new coach. If he is playing thru the midfield and half forward i would jump all over, so thats a wait and see.

Nothing wrong with ya mids.

Rucks are fine, make sure ya upgrade west when ya can cash in on him though.
Not a fan of Kreuzer though.

If that was my team i would drop hartlett to waters or a rookie depending on how much cash u need, pocket the cash and turn kreuzer into a premium, either goodes, Pavlich, whoever takes ya fancy who averages 90.

Scrads

Have made a fair few tweaks, and have come up with this for now, thoughts ?

Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $49,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Sam Docherty, Brandon Ellis
Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow
Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Leuenberger, Shane Mumford
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis, Israel Folau, Matthew Panos, Jason Porplyzia
Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh

Obviosuly stacked the midfield, basically 17 premiums there if players like Heppell and Zaharakis improve to premium standard.

EDIT: also worth noting, with 50k in the bank and Hayes yet to recieve a discount (fingers crossed :P) there could be room for a speculative mid-pricer forward or back.

DT Gun

heaps good now.

Only thing is i wouldnt take hayes at 390, id take him at under 300 for sure but we have to just wait and see on that one

Holz

Just a sugestion scrads but most of the quality rookies are mids if it were me i would weaken that line and maybee go for another forward, as im sure there are plenty of mids who will outscore your forward rookies.

For example if you downgraded say selwood/hayes to mitchell from the swans  or a guy like wingard and went folau to beams/sidebottom/robinson you dont really lose a mid as these 3 will likely be mids and instead of a forward rookie you have a much better mid rookie.

IM personalyy a big fan of hartlett it is a risk but you need to take some risks to do well. I always say its better risking on a player you know who will score well but the risk is injury rather than a player who the risk is his scoring. We all know if hartlett stays fit he could be one of the best backs if not the best. I know its a big if but hopefully he can string at least 10 games together and he will still be worth picking if he can average 95 over that.

I like the team its solid but to me its playing it too safe. Out of the premiums i dont see many players who can lift there game 10+ points based on prcie, besides hayes,barlow and maybee one of the rucks.

Scrads

Thanks for the advice Holz, might aswell show you the updated version that includes the info from the prospectus leak.

Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $-41,700.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Beau Waters, Sam Docherty, Tim Mohr Beau Wilkes, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow Dylan Shiel, Dayne Zorko

Matthew Leuenberger, Shane Mumford Rhys Stanley, Jonathan Giles

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Steele Sidebottom, Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Panos, Jason Porplyzia Tommy Walsh, Ahmed Saad

I keep bringing Hartlett in and out of my side, I just can't settle on him. I've still stacked the Mids, but I've also improved the forward line some.

Scrads

That's weird, I didn't go over the salary cap when I made the team  :o

Now I have to fix that, although hopefully Hayes can get a discount big enough to cover it   :P

Fyfe_gun

That team looks extremely strong. I reckon fanplanner is a bit out because how can you start that many premiums and still fit it in.

Ziplock

only 11 of those are premium priced...

Scrads

Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $77,600.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Jack Grimes, Sam Docherty, Billie Smedts
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Bryce Gibbs, Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko, Koby Stevens

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Jarrod Witts, Orren Stephenson

Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron, Tommy Walsh
Adam Treloar, Tory Dickson

MajorLazer

Cicjose

With your benchies you will need them to play and im not expecting Witts, Cameron or Dickson to play early

Jordan Lewis seems odd (can he average 110+)

the rest look okay