Scrads. 16 starting premiums ? (4th page)

Started by Scrads, November 11, 2011, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Hey guys, new around here so please go easy  :P

Hawksrule FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $22,600.

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Greg Broughton, Luke Brown, Tim Mohr Steven Morris, Will Sierakowski

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Will Hoskin-Elliott Tom Mitchell, Stephen Clifton

Shane Mumford, Drew Petrie Trent West, Jonathan Giles

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Steele Sidebottom, Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Kreuzer, Shannon Byrnes, Anthony Morabito Matthew Panos, Ahmed Saad

Like everyones, subject to many many changes before round 1 (:

Any advice ?

Cicjose

hartlett has had a long history of hamstring problems

hayes is coming off a knee reconstruction on the wrong side of 30

ballantyne has a problem with his running style and are you expecting fyfe to improve on last year's effort?

byrnes isnt guaranteed games at Geelong

7/10

Scrads

Quote from: Cicjose on November 11, 2011, 11:55:36 PM
hartlett has had a long history of hamstring problems

hayes is coming off a knee reconstruction on the wrong side of 30

ballantyne has a problem with his running style and are you expecting fyfe to improve on last year's effort?

byrnes isnt guaranteed games at Geelong

7/10

Thankyou for the feedback. Hartlett I agree would be a risk but if he can get a decent pre season (which includes a good show in the NAB) then I think he might be able to improve on last year. Hayes I'm expecting to come with a discount, if he doesn't then no way would I bother. Ballantyne I guess I just like him, and in Ross Lyons first presser at freo he said he rated him and earmarked him for a midfield role, another to watch during preseason. Fyfe I guess I expect more of the same, can't see why he can't emulate last year, especially as he seemed to be injured for the whole bloody season. Byrnes again depends on preseason, I just think maybe there is an opening for him with the cats retired brigade and menzel LTI. If he can secure a spot he's cheap enough to be a bargain I feel.

TheMailman

As a quick bit of advice

Your team is good, Make absolute certainty that Hartlett will play throughout the season. He started well theis year and tapered off.

There are more options than Ballyntyne. Liking a player doesn't let him score more.

You'd have to be careful about Byrnes, Petrie, Sidebottom and Morabtio as none of them aside from Petrie have been scoring with massive potential. IMO the first to are too old and the second two aren't old enough

Devo_

Quote from: Scrads on November 11, 2011, 10:57:11 PM
Hey guys, new around here so please go easy  :P

Hawksrule FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $22,600.

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Greg Broughton, Luke Brown, Tim Mohr Steven Morris, Will Sierakowski

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Will Hoskin-Elliott Tom Mitchell, Stephen Clifton

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Steele Sidebottom, Hayden Ballantyne, Matthew Kreuzer, Shannon Byrnes, Anthony Morabito Matthew Panos, Ahmed Saad

Like everyones, subject to many many changes before round 1 (:

Any advice ?

Welcome to the FF board! I think you've got a pretty good launching pad here, but you need to make a couple of tweaks.

Backs: Great, except watch Hartlett and his unreliable body. Proceed with caution.

Mids: Very strong. Will score well from round 1.

Rucks: Seems like overkill to have West on the bench when you already have Mumford, Petrie/Kreuzer and Giles, who will play a lot of games. Downgrade West and save yourself $100k

Fwds: I think you need one more premium here. If you need to find extra cash, I'd downgrade Lenny Hayes to a rookie. Ballantyne might want to play midfield, but lets see if Ross Lyon actually lets him. I'd steer clear of him myself. Morabito won't score enough. Byrnes isn't guaranteed best 22 for Geelong.

Scrads

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. So far I've made two changes, out go Ballantyne and Morabito, in come Porplyzia and Nick Riewoldt.

Id just like to clarify a few things with some of the other players.

Hayes- discount dependant, if he doesn't come cheap then I will be looking elsewhere.
Hartlett- fitness and form dependant, if he doesn't show very well in the NAB then I will find someone else.
Byrnes- NAB and round 1 selection dependant, its just a hunch that he might have been pushed into the 22 with some outs at the cattery.
West- I see him as a potential cash cow with ottens gone.

If it makes the situation with these players look better, I found likely replacements for the 3 of them if things look like they won't work:

Hartlett- Houli/Grimes
Hayes- Montagna/Robinson
Byrnes- rookie (Walsh, Patton etc)

Voldemort

I would like to see a premium rookie in the backline, just in case. A Buntine

Liking the looks of the mids, quite similar to mine

Drew Petrie? A good chance that he wont get ruck/fwd + there are a few better options as he can gave quiet games (but very big games too mind you)

Sidebottom .... Brynes ... yeah you could do better there but a decent draft ;)

6.5/10

egosbar

seems like we are all stacking the mids this year , ive personally gone that way too , id give it a 7 of ten , no gibbs is a gamble , hes a gun back and a must have i believe

Scrads

Quote from: egosbar on November 14, 2011, 05:08:02 PM
seems like we are all stacking the mids this year , ive personally gone that way too , id give it a 7 of ten , no gibbs is a gamble , hes a gun back and a must have i believe

Thankyou, I'd just like to point out that Gibbs is in my side  ;)

DT Gun

Hartlett is injury prone, Broughton has no set role, Petrie will average 80 and everyone else will have a ruck averaging 95-100, Kruezer is finding his feet and will never average 90, Morabito averaged 60 before he did his acl, why pick him

egosbar

Quote from: Scrads on November 14, 2011, 09:26:13 PM
Quote from: egosbar on November 14, 2011, 05:08:02 PM

Thankyou, I'd just like to point out that Gibbs is in my side  ;)

my bad mate lol 8/10 then , rating too many lol

Voldemort

Quote from: DT Gun on November 15, 2011, 03:33:31 AM

Hartlett is injury prone, Broughton has no set role, Petrie will average 80 and everyone else will have a ruck averaging 95-100, Kruezer is finding his feet and will never average 90, Morabito averaged 60 before he did his acl, why pick him

hey gun, just calm down  ;)

Take out some positives out of each team as well, not just rubbish everything   ::)

DT Gun

Ziplock

not really, it's just criticism. It's incredibly definite as well, which always pisses me off
'Hartlett is injury prone'- yeah, but that doesn't make him a bad pick. Waters is also injury prone, but I saw him in your starting team.
'Petrie will average 80'- possibly, but people said this year 80 was about his max, and he ended up closer to 90.
'Kreuzer... will never average 90'- really big call to make on a number 1 draft pick. Go check the draft history- very few (if any) draft picks don't end up averaging at a premium level.
Why pick Mora? As a said before he's a known quantity, with a full pre-season and in freo's best 22... more than you can say about many rooks, even high draft picks.

Ziplock

for the record, constructive criticism is where you don't just tear them to shreds, you point out flaws, as well as strong points, how they can further emphasise the strong points while eliminating the flaws.