Scrads. 16 starting premiums ? (4th page)

Started by Scrads, November 11, 2011, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT-SC

Quote from: Cicjose on January 18, 2012, 11:58:14 PM
With your benchies you will need them to play and im not expecting Witts, Cameron or Dickson to play early

Jordan Lewis seems odd (can he average 110+)

the rest look okay

cameron plays like BJ swings forward and back, a cult hero and sheeds said if he hadnt been taken as a 17 year old then patton mightnt of been the no.1 this year, so hes highly rated and should play

Scrads

Quote from: Cicjose on January 18, 2012, 11:58:14 PM
With your benchies you will need them to play and im not expecting Witts, Cameron or Dickson to play early

Jordan Lewis seems odd (can he average 110+)

the rest look okay

Yeah a bit puzzled by your doubt of Cameron, he is probably a shoe-in to play almost every game at least until Patton is back.

Witts is actually holding a place in the team for any of him/Lowden/Redden/Jenkins/Rowe/Derickx etc who are playing round 1. Basically I have nfi who between Leuy, Sandi, Cox, Jacobs, McEvoy will be the best (im willing to risk Mummy will be in top 4) so will play the waiting game and upgrade midseason.

Dickson obviously hinges on NAB and round 1 selection.

Lewis, I can definitely see becoming a 95-98 type player.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Scrads on January 18, 2012, 11:40:25 PM
Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $77,600.
Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Jack Grimes, Sam Docherty, Billie Smedts
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes
Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Bryce Gibbs, Dylan Shiel
Dayne Zorko, Koby Stevens
Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles
Jarrod Witts, Orren Stephenson
Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron, Tommy Walsh
Adam Treloar, Tory Dickson

DEF: very solid and deep. Make sure docherty is healthy enough to play early otherwise good rooks.
MID: very solid and deep again. Good rooks as long as stevens plays good wraps on him imo.
RUCK: weak. Obviously somewhere ha to be to allow that DEF & MID. still not uniques many are trying the 1+3 ruck. change witts to rowe?
FWD: I like it and I like Lewis too (as a FWD) cameron is a dead set gun but make sure he isnt getting the role of being glued to the goal square as a KPP or he is not going to be a good pick. (would be a waster to use him that way imo) other rooks good i like dickson too but make sure he is going to get a run round 1 or get a replacement.

I reckon Mohr is a must have rook in the def also but nab cup will sort your rooks out for you.

Overall risky approach with the ruck, solid FWD line Super MID and Super DEF, great side and just quietly i'm surprised you are under the salary cap much less have $70K in the bank.

If you changed anything it would be to get rid of grimes and use his money and whats in teh bank to get a second premium ruck. But thats obviously not your strategy so good team good luck.

boschie12

your ruck and forward lines a little weak, backs are good, i'm guess ur hoping that  hayes + giles , will score more than say sandliands or lue + mcdonald. need a couple more guns in the forward line.

Scrads

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 19, 2012, 12:49:02 AM
Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $77,600.
Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Jack Grimes, Sam Docherty, Billie Smedts
Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Bryce Gibbs, Dylan Shiel
Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Ahmed Saad, Jeremy Cameron, Tommy Walsh

DEF: very solid and deep. Make sure docherty is healthy enough to play early otherwise good rooks.
MID: very solid and deep again. Good rooks as long as stevens plays good wraps on him imo.
RUCK: weak. Obviously somewhere ha to be to allow that DEF & MID. still not uniques many are trying the 1+3 ruck. change witts to rowe?
FWD: I like it and I like Lewis too (as a FWD) cameron is a dead set gun but make sure he isnt getting the role of being glued to the goal square as a KPP or he is not going to be a good pick. (would be a waster to use him that way imo) other rooks good i like dickson too but make sure he is going to get a run round 1 or get a replacement.

I reckon Mohr is a must have rook in the def also but nab cup will sort your rooks out for you.

Overall risky approach with the ruck, solid FWD line Super MID and Super DEF, great side and just quietly i'm surprised you are under the salary cap much less have $70K in the bank.

If you changed anything it would be to get rid of grimes and use his money and whats in teh bank to get a second premium ruck. But thats obviously not your strategy so good team good luck.

Thanks for the helpful advice :) yeah the rooks obviously depend largely on roles, form and selection in NAB/R1 but yeah, I am definitely keen on the 1 + 3 ruck strategy, as I mentioned earlier Witts is currently in the team representing any of him/Lowden/Redden/Jenkins/Rowe/Derickx etc who are playing round 1.

Scrads

Quote from: boschie12 on January 19, 2012, 12:57:24 AM
your ruck and forward lines a little weak, backs are good, i'm guess ur hoping that  hayes + giles , will score more than say sandliands or lue + mcdonald. need a couple more guns in the forward line.

Well my team doesnt actually have Hayes in it :P I guess Gibbs is where he would be though. My logic on the 1 + 3 ruck is explained in one of my earlier posts, but i respect that its not everybodys cup of tea.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Scrads on January 19, 2012, 01:15:56 AM
Thanks for the helpful advice :) yeah the rooks obviously depend largely on roles, form and selection in NAB/R1 but yeah, I am definitely keen on the 1 + 3 ruck strategy, as I mentioned earlier Witts is currently in the team representing any of him/Lowden/Redden/Jenkins/Rowe/Derickx etc who are playing round 1.

My bad sorry I had not read the above posts, the strategy is sound as the money is spent elsewhere in the team where a gain in points over opposition teams will be made to offset the loss of points in the ruck, so it makes no difference really just take nads to go the way you have :)

Scrads

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 19, 2012, 01:25:11 AM
Quote from: Scrads on January 19, 2012, 01:15:56 AM

My bad sorry I had not read the above posts, the strategy is sound as the money is spent elsewhere in the team where a gain in points over opposition teams will be made to offset the loss of points in the ruck, so it makes no difference really just take nads to go the way you have :)

And if worst comes to worst and there is no other ruck rookies playing round 1, I can just downgrade Grimes and upgrade to Hmac ;) or use the 70k i have left over and get Gorringe/Cordy/Lycett if they are playing too.

ScoreGasm

Backs: Very Solid well done

Mids: Once again solid

Rucks: I'm also liking the 1/3 idea. Could you downgrade Grimes to a rook and use the money to upgrade mumford.

Forwards: Jordan Lewis could make or break your season. And keep an eye on Ahmed Saad. I have read a couple of negative articles about him now saying he isn't much of a ball magnet but does kick the odd sneaky goal.

Otherwise solid team well done :)

Eagle

Backs: Very good, worried about docherty a little but assuming we'll see in NAB cup what hes like so no problem there

MIDS: Awesomely strong cant fault it

RUCKS: Very risky, (riskier than mine) although the cheap strategy may work and then who'll be laughing. i dont like it personally, mumford wouldnt be my first choice. hopefully giles can do a zac smith!

Fwds:  lewis to me not worth the cash, id go for others. agree with others about saad, not sure about him, doesnt get many touches apparently. i cant see robinson improving that much though, but it could work out for ya

good team though

Scrads

Experimental Team Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $200.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jed Adcock, Jack Grimes, Brandon Ellis, Billie Smedts
Luke Brown, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Bryce Gibbs, Michael Barlow, Dylan Shiel
Elliott Kavanagh, Tom Mitchell

Tom Derickx, Orren Stephenson

Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Jordan Lewis, Steele Sidebottom, Jonathan Brown, Jeremy Cameron, Dayne Zorko
Tommy Walsh, Sam Rowe

Downside: fits into cap by $200.

Also assumes Sidey, Brown and Grimes are premiums, but I could upgrade them if i have spare trades after upgrading the remaining 6 spots on the field.