Scrads. 16 starting premiums ? (4th page)

Started by Scrads, November 11, 2011, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMailman

Ziplock deserves a round of applause

good point does he makes

Voldemort

Quote from: Ziplock on November 15, 2011, 08:44:19 PM
for the record, constructive criticism is where you don't just tear them to shreds, you point out flaws, as well as strong points, how they can further emphasise the strong points while eliminating the flaws.

In TheMailman's words, 'Give this man a medal.'

TheMailman

Like the quotation Voldemort  :D

Scrads

Have made a few tweaks, here is the updated version:

Hawksrule FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Scrads. Salary cap left: $13,000.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Greg Broughton, Luke Brown Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Will Hoskin-Elliott Anthony Miles, Dylan Shiel

Shane Mumford, Trent West Jonathan Giles, Josh Jenkins

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Steele Sidebottom, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Kreuzer, Shannon Byrnes, Matthew Panos Jason Porplyzia, Ahmed Saad

Ziplock

I'm surprised you can afford that :o

backs are stacked
mids are stacked
rucks are solid
fwd line is by far the weakest, and I would prefer cloke over fyfe, but still... wow... I actually really like it lol.

DT Gun

I dont consider waters injury prone.
Elbow injuries are unlucky, compared to continuous soft tissue injuries...

Hartlett and Rioli are both injury prone, because they have reoccuring soft tissue problems. Even when hartlett played college football he was injury prone. I know this for a fact, and 3 years later he is still having injury problems. Now you are a smart bunch of lads, you and i both know hartlett is not a good, reliable selection.

I think the kruezer call is fair. Yes a lot of number 1 draft picks do very well, but how many number 1 key position players who have done their acl's have. You can complain about my comments, but im telling you right now kruezer is a waste of time and im not saying it to piss someone off, im telling you guys to help you.  Sugar coat kruezer for everyone here then, ill come back here end of next year when hes averaged 75.

You boys operate on here in the method of the shower sandwich. You say a good thing (bread) , then a bad thing (shower), then another good thing (bread). I am just straight to the point and say whats wrong, cos people wanna know how to get better.

If you really wanna know whats wrong with your side and how to help, ask me cos i am brutally honest. How ever many fancy stats you throw, my assessment of his team was spot on.

And your assessment of my team Ziplock was rubbish.
1) a 100% fit sandilands and Cox ruck combo no good? are you serious they will be top 3 ruckman this year with out a doubt.
2) Fyfe wont improve his scores this year? Based on what (garuntee you can't answer)? He is only going to get better, there is constant articles on how good he is in WA papers.
3) Goodes isnt good to select at the start? He has a pretty easy run in the first 2 months in an improving sydney.
4) Last but not least, you slag my selection of Goodes and Scotland because they are too old? How the hell do you know what age footballers drop off at? Both come off of a brilliant year! how on earth do you put a number on each individual person? Maybe you should have told St Kilda to delist Robert Harvey in like ohh 2004 cos apparently all footballers have the similar expiry dates?

TheMailman

I think you'll find there isn't any right or wrong opinion on these players when it is as early as November 2011.

I think the problem lies with the fact that instead of suggesting different players and reasons for/against them you disreagard them. Not a smart move

Ziplock

Quote from: DT Gun on November 16, 2011, 04:44:31 AM
I dont consider waters injury prone.
Elbow injuries are unlucky, compared to continuous soft tissue injuries...

Hartlett and Rioli are both injury prone, because they have reoccuring soft tissue problems. Even when hartlett played college football he was injury prone. I know this for a fact, and 3 years later he is still having injury problems. Now you are a smart bunch of lads, you and i both know hartlett is not a good, reliable selection.

I think the kruezer call is fair. Yes a lot of number 1 draft picks do very well, but how many number 1 key position players who have done their acl's have. You can complain about my comments, but im telling you right now kruezer is a waste of time and im not saying it to piss someone off, im telling you guys to help you.  Sugar coat kruezer for everyone here then, ill come back here end of next year when hes averaged 75.

You boys operate on here in the method of the shower sandwich. You say a good thing (bread) , then a bad thing (shower), then another good thing (bread). I am just straight to the point and say whats wrong, cos people wanna know how to get better.

If you really wanna know whats wrong with your side and how to help, ask me cos i am brutally honest. How ever many fancy stats you throw, my assessment of his team was spot on.

And your assessment of my team Ziplock was rubbish.
1) a 100% fit sandilands and Cox ruck combo no good? are you serious they will be top 3 ruckman this year with out a doubt.
2) Fyfe wont improve his scores this year? Based on what (garuntee you can't answer)? He is only going to get better, there is constant articles on how good he is in WA papers.
3) Goodes isnt good to select at the start? He has a pretty easy run in the first 2 months in an improving sydney.
4) Last but not least, you slag my selection of Goodes and Scotland because they are too old? How the hell do you know what age footballers drop off at? Both come off of a brilliant year! how on earth do you put a number on each individual person? Maybe you should have told St Kilda to delist Robert Harvey in like ohh 2004 cos apparently all footballers have the similar expiry dates?
1) I'm saying that there's better value lying around in the rucks. Sandilands always get injured, and injuries just become more common with age. Sandi+ cox was set and forget last year, for a huge price, and Sandi ended up burning everyone when he missed 8 round with turf toe.
2) look onto prior stats. I've used this for Zaha before, but it applies to Fyfe as well
these are basically the 6 highest averaging fwds (when it isn't their first break out year (BOY= brea kout year) )
name        boy/boyavg       next year/average
Goodes      03/90              04/61
Stevie J      07/95              08/92
Okeefe      06/90               07/83
Chapman   06/101              07/102
Buddy       08/96                08/81
Pavlich      05/91.1                 06/90.8

do you see a flowering pattern? because I sure as hell do.
for the record, doing an elbow injury is unlucky. Doing multiple elbow injuries screams some type of structural weakness. That being said, I still think waters is a solid pick up.

as bad as doing your ACL is, it isn't the be all end all, especially at Kreuzers age. In fact, his second game back from injury he pulled out a massive 133 DT points against sydney, playing on grundy, while still gettign 13 hit outs against mumford.

3) Firstly, an improving sydney? really? Sydney have the second oldest team in the competition (only behind St Kilda), and are probably the most likely to slide this season. I like Sydney, I do, but you can hardly call it an improving team. With goodes, I'm literally just giving you the stats of how he rolls. His draw in the first half of the season, I wouldn't say was easy. Freo and Hawthorn should both make the 8 comfortably. While the remaining team (except for GWS and Port), will all be vying for the 8 as well. The middle of the ladder is going to be close that year, and that's where sydney will probably find themselves... teams like NM could really explode.

Once again, look at his stats. Goodes averaged from round 13 onwards averaged 107, and from round 1-13 averaged averaged 84. That's not just one year either, year in year out, regardless of the draw, goodes starts slow and comes strong. For instance, I started him last year, and everyone told me this, pulling out his 2010 and 2009 stats, and I passed it off as an anomaly. But he's been doing this for a decade man. Don't doubt him.

4) if you can say what I said was slagging. My general response to your team was actually quite positive. However, oddly enough, sportsmen do eventually get too old to score well in fantasy terms, or will 'drop off', maybe drop an average from 100 to 80, or 90 to 70 with little warning. I'm just saying to minimise this risk by not starting players when they're getting too far on in years. By doing this you minimise your chance of picking the 2012 Green, Kane Cornes, Lake, Rawlings, Didak.

5) Don't be a flowering tool to people who are just trying to help you improve your team. In a nice manner, might I add, rather than your douchebag manner. Whether I'm right or not on a lot of counts will be shown later in the season, but what I can say confidently is that I give some of the most indepth and statistically supported advice on this site, different opinions and statistics are always good, so don't be a dick about it.

6) why are we discussing your team on scards post?

egosbar

great side if it comes in under salary cap , i just hate shaw lol and will never pick him , we all have one or two of them players

Scrads

HAHAHA absolutely lost it at #6 zippy  ;)

Yeah Shaw has burned everyone at some stage I think, I was lucky enough to have some spare trades during his fiasco last year. Will be happy for sure if it all fits under the cap.

DT Gun

yeh ziebell broke both his legs so he must have a 'structural weakness' and not just be plain unlucky. Good logic mr physio, statistically support your arguement against that.

Ziplock

really. out of that entire post, that's the only thing you have to say.

Maybe Ziebell has weak bones? or, maybe he was just unlucky. To be fair though, Ziebell broke his leg in two different places, while water's injuries have been in the same place (I could be wrong).

also, waters has now played 6 seasons

games in each of his seasons. Yeah, that doesn't look injury prone.

egosbar

im a fan of waters but  HE IS INJURY PRONE AND WONT BE IN MY SIDE had him when he played 21 ;) and from the get go

DT Gun

waters did both elbows, ziebell did both legs.

Waters first season he played 10 as a first year thats normal, he has had 2 injuries... haha apart from when he has had these unlucky injuries he has played a min 19 which is not too shabby

Ziplock

I actually think waters will average 90+ this year

how do you do an elbow by the way? it's not a bone, is it like ligament damage or something?