Can Lenny get back to near his best ?

Started by nostradamus, November 11, 2011, 07:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

l didnt think breakevens carried over from the previous year, but related directly to their price at the start of each season

Holz

Quote from: Cicjose on November 11, 2011, 09:13:58 PM
if that break even is the right one there is no way he will be in my starting side

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Lenny&surname=Hayes

that would be his BE if he played this year. If he is priced at 240k and he get say 2 100s in the first 2 games his BE will be like -100 even if he averages 80 he will have a negative BE

boschie12

Quote from: nostradamus on November 11, 2011, 09:23:32 PM
l didnt think breakevens carried over from the previous year, but related directly to their price at the start of each season

break even will go of his current starting price for next year.

nostradamus

Quote from: boschie12 on November 11, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 11, 2011, 09:23:32 PM

break even will go of his current starting price for next year.

....isn't that what l just said  :o

Ziplock

yeah cic...?

he SHOULD get 40%... that being said, they may just give him 20, or 10. I think they'll give him some discount- the severity of his injury kind of dictates that he should...

elephants

Only if he's under 250k. I just don't see a new coach rushing back a 30+ year old midfielder after such a severe knee injury.

Ziplock

St Kilda are making a last ditch effort at the flag. It'll have been a year since Hayes did his ACL- he'll be playing round 1 imo.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2011, 01:10:19 PM
St Kilda are making a last ditch effort at the flag. It'll have been a year since Hayes did his ACL- he'll be playing round 1 imo.

l really hope he does.....but a week or 2 ago Lenny himself was quoted in the paper saying that he wasn't sure if he'd be ready for round 1

Ziplock

I saw that as well, but seriously, players, teams and coaches are always heaps dodgy when it comes to injury. If they keep a cloud over hayes, then theres the possibility their round 1 opponent won't prepare for him, which will give the saints a slight edge. It's kind of BS, but that's how it works.

My money is honestly on hayes not playing any NAB, then being named as emergency for rd 1, then having a late withdrawal and him being included.

I'm calling it now :P

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2011, 02:41:29 PM
I saw that as well, but seriously, players, teams and coaches are always heaps dodgy when it comes to injury. If they keep a cloud over hayes, then theres the possibility their round 1 opponent won't prepare for him, which will give the saints a slight edge. It's kind of BS, but that's how it works.

My money is honestly on hayes not playing any NAB, then being named as emergency for rd 1, then having a late withdrawal and him being included.

I'm calling it now :P

if all that comes true Zip......l think you should be called nostradamus  8)

Ziplock

haha. I mean, this is all assuming this façade of 'injury' continues :P

nostradamus

Quote from: Ziplock on November 12, 2011, 02:53:24 PM
haha. I mean, this is all assuming this façade of 'injury' continues :P

all cool mate.......just stirring ya

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on November 12, 2011, 01:50:36 PM

l really hope he does.....but a week or 2 ago Lenny himself was quoted in the paper saying that he wasn't sure if he'd be ready for round 1

it would be great for Dt if he sat out till say round 8 got super fit and than we could 'downgrade' shiel to hayes (if he is 240k)

nostradamus

Quote from: Holzman on November 13, 2011, 12:30:30 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on November 12, 2011, 01:50:36 PM

it would be great for Dt if he sat out till say round 8 got super fit and than we could 'downgrade' shiel to hayes (if he is 240k)

oh yeah.....and if you did a double trade.....WOW!!

downgrade to Lenny for one, and then upgrade another to a premium

....it'd be just about the best upgrade/downgrade ever

Chopps