Main Menu

PAP

Started by bowyanger, November 11, 2011, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowyanger

PAP
 Anyone considering any players from the "Smears" (PAP) next season....That being Port? I'm not a Port fan but if they dont do alright next year, then they deserve a bolloxing from everyone.

They have pick 5 2006; pick 16 2007; Pick 4 2008; Pick 8, 9 & 16 2009; pick 16 2010; Pick 6 2011. Should be a pretty handy 8 players in the team there? If they can stay fit it would go a long way in having a good year.

Port have got some good assistant coaches to in my opinion for 2012. Edwards is an intelligent man, Rehn, Carr who hasnt been out of the game long and would surely add a bit of mongrel to thier attitude and of course Buddha Hocking. Theres a few premierships among those blokes.

Morale would be better around the club than last year, they know that they will get to play at Adelaide Oval one day in the not so distant future, much better than being ripped blind by AAMI (Pus) Park. It wouldn't have been great having Laidley address players by video hook up... that would have been embarressing... that's gone. Their training facilities are very good & competitive with all clubs.

The AFL has given them a bail out with coin, and also with a very friendly draw.. their first 4 games are tough but then its pretty good from there. Brogan, Motlop and Cornes are gone, they would have been getting some big money = angst for thier non-performance the last 3 years or so by other players, this freshens the place up a bit.

They have picked up Ebert (Port man from day 1, family name associated with Port) who adds a bit of depth. Renouf is more than servicable in the ruck, he rucked for Hawthorn pretty much all season by himself 2 years ago and did a great job in my opinion. If Davis gets a jumper there then it will definatley help out on the paddock also.

You would think in his 3rd season, Primus' message will start to get through, the young blokes will be more used to playing beside each other...If there isnt significant improvement this year...Primus is GONE...well should be.

I think Port may surprise some people, Ive earmarked a few players....
Renouf in their No.1 Ruck spot
Salopek to not get injured and return to the form of 2-3 years ago.
Hartlett to kill the pig
Boak to answer the critics
Gray to benefit from a good pre season

Am I clean off to seriously consider a minimum of 2 players from the above list?

CrowsFan

I have basically locked Hartlett in already if he is MPP.
Apart from that I'm not really looking at anyone, but things can always change ;)

nostradamus

Voldemort

make some clear paragraphs mate, too much to read 8)

bowyanger

Quote from: Voldemort on November 11, 2011, 09:15:27 PM
Thanks for your intelligent input into the topic of discussion. Totally changed the way I view the world......especially you.

Voldemort

Quote from: bowyanger on November 11, 2011, 09:27:28 PM
Thanks for your intelligent input into the topic of discussion. Totally changed the way I view the world......especially you.

calm down buddy, just giving a hint on how you could improve your write up because the topic is not worth commenting on

j959

Quote from: Voldemort on November 11, 2011, 09:29:59 PM

calm down buddy, just giving a hint on how you could improve your write up because the topic is not worth commenting on
in all seriousness, I started and quickly stopped reading because of the formatting - not saying it has to be asthetically pleasing but sometimes if it is too hard to read i won't bother and guessing a fair few others would have done the same thing ...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on November 11, 2011, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: Voldemort on November 11, 2011, 09:29:59 PM
in all seriousness, I started and quickly stopped reading because of the formatting - not saying it has to be asthetically pleasing but sometimes if it is too hard to read i won't bother and guessing a fair few others would have done the same thing ...
It was a little annoying to read but fixed it up so look again Voldy and J :).

I'm certainly considering Gray (One of my Favs) and potentially Hartlett if he can avoid injuries. Boak has been primed for a breakout for seasons now, is usually always hyped up and improves a bit. But the tag kills him :(. Although he's learning to handle it better this season so there is hope!

Ringo

Like HP the only 2 I am considering are Gray (had a good end to the season despite Ports Form but maybe a little injury prone) and Hartlett

PowerBug

Quote from: bowyanger on November 11, 2011, 07:27:44 PM
They have pick 5 2006; pick 16 2007; Pick 4 2008; Pick 8, 9 & 16 2009; pick 16 2010; Pick 6 2011. Should be a pretty handy 8 players in the team there? If they can stay fit it would go a long way in having a good year. They have got some good assistant coaches too in my opinion for 2012. Edwards is an intelligent man, Rehn, Carr who hasnt been out of the game long and would surely add a bit of mongrel to thier attitude and of course Buddha Hocking. Theres a few premierships among those blokes.
With the draft picks situation, we've had the picks, but totally wasted them. Picked up players who haven't really performed the way they weer planned too. This could either be a mistake by the selectors, or it's just the team.

For me, i'll be looking at Hartlett, lik emost of us, I'm thinking Westhoff if both Schulz and Butcher are getting consistent games, as he'll be playing more up the field. And Jarrad Redden as a ruck bench, coz he deserves to play ahead of Lobbe. :)

Not many coming from Port, but there are some players worth considering.

CuStArDaRm

Maybe Renouf at around 300 for 3rd ruck. Currently I have Maric as 3rd Ruck. Having said that don't think his scoring potential is any good but a ruck in his 5th year with a new oppurtunity may do pretty well.

Gray is  the one to watch, that game against the Bombers last year shows his potential but he is no Gary Ablett can't do it on his own. If the team lifts I think he can also.

Unlikely to pick any maybe a rookie, I don't think they are as bad as what they dished up this year but they don't have any real stand outs for selection imo.......Leon anyone ;0 ?

Ziplock

boak for 2nd break out?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on November 12, 2011, 04:33:04 PM
Maybe Renouf at around 300 for 3rd ruck. Currently I have Maric as 3rd Ruck. Having said that don't think his scoring potential is any good but a ruck in his 5th year with a new oppurtunity may do pretty well.

Gray is  the one to watch, that game against the Bombers last year shows his potential but he is no Gary Ablett can't do it on his own. If the team lifts I think he can also.

Unlikely to pick any maybe a rookie, I don't think they are as bad as what they dished up this year but they don't have any real stand outs for selection imo.......Leon anyone ;0 ?
If Wingard doesn't slip (GWS would be crazy to let him go to Port), He-Man (Hoskin-Elliot) is expected to go to Port. The guy has pace so could be a decent rookie choice considering Port needs another Runner in the side besides Pearce who can break the lines.

300k for a 3rd Ruck? :o. I'm going cheap in the ruck department next year. Bench ruckmen likely to both be from GWS, meaning at least one will play :P.

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 12, 2011, 07:07:23 PM
Quote from: CuStArDaRm on November 12, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

If Wingard doesn't slip (GWS would be crazy to let him go to Port), He-Man (Hoskin-Elliot) is expected to go to Port. The guy has pace so could be a decent rookie choice considering Port needs another Runner in the side besides Pearce who can break the lines.

300k for a 3rd Ruck? :o. I'm going cheap in the ruck department next year. Bench ruckmen likely to both be from GWS, meaning at least one will play :P.
I'm praying so bl00dy hard mate, i really want this guy at Port. Despite hating the Sturt Football Club with a passion, i want this youngster to be at Port.

Voldemort

This how they think the top 5 will go:

1. Patton
2. Conglio
3. Tyson
4. Hoskin-Elliot
5. Longer

This is what the experts think but they say nothing is for sure