2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Justin Bieber

Name: Ivan Maric.
Position: Ruckman.
Height: 200cm.
Weight: 102kg.
Predicted Price: $222,900

Maric isn't a Dean Cox like Ruckman who can get alot of stats around the ground. Over several seasons, he usually ends up with around 10 possessions more often than not. I'm serious. In 2010, out of 22 games, he ended up in 10 of those games with 9-11 disposals, just something that interested me. He isn't a man of many disposals, and when he does choose to get rid of the ball, he prefers to handball, which he's pretty much doubled his kicks with handballs 3 of the past 4 seasons (2008 was close enough with a 1:1.8 ratio). All these signs point to a Ruckman who isn't built for the fantasy game. His best DT season was in 2008 where he only averaged 63.8, which is mediocore at best. The potential for Maric lies with his hitout ability and tackling statistics. These aren't worth alot and are harder to come by, but they are able to add quite a bit to his points if he can add them to the tally. He's not exactly a beast in the Ruck (370 hitouts in 2010, 61 ahead of his next best in 2009). His tackling though is handy, racking up 40+ tackles from 2008-2010 before he was dethroned in the Crows lineup.

He basically played second fiddle last season as Sam Jacobs broke out at the Crows, pushing Maric into the shadows and forcing a move elsewhere to get games. He ends up at Tigerland, a place where they need a decent Ruckman. Maric will have to contend with Angus Graham for a spot in the lineup. Graham is 1 year younger than Maric but they are similar type of Ruckman. I wouldn't say Maric will start every week, but I believe the Tigers should play both of them with the other resting up forward as another Tall target with JRoo and Vickery.

Fantasy Relevant? I'd be leaning to No rather than Who Knows right now. He's been playing AFL for 6 seasons now but hasn't shown alot fantasy wise. Ruckman do take time which means he could be reaching his prime around now. He's priced just over 200k for DT which means he could be a handy second ruck option. He's risky though if Tigers choose to take one ruckman into games with say Vickery to pinch hit. For those interested in him, I'll keep an eye out Pre Season to see how both Him and Graham go as it may decide who plays #1 for the Tigers.

nostradamus

Thanks for the write up......not very promising reading though

Had hoped he might have turned out to be a reasonable scorer with improved game time, thus becoming a good cash cow and in turn being upgraded (+ cash) to a premium ruck

.....but based on ur excellent stats that looks pretty unlikely

....l'll still be monitoring his pre-season and NAB cup form, but at this stage it looks like plan B might be the go now

Justin Bieber

No problems, always open to suggestions for players to do (Rookies as well).

He has potential but I believe it's moreso for SC rather than DT. He could gain some cash if he has a big game or two but really doubt he can turn into a keeper sort of second ruckman. Could do well in a new environment, but even when he was #1 Ruck at Adelaide, he just couldn't do enough to warrant a DT spot.

Shame really as I thought I'd find more upside to him as well :(.

nostradamus

l never really thought of him as any chance of being a keeper, but with his discount, improved game time and the fact that he was changing clubs......well, had hoped he'd be real value

.....fingers are still crossed though......might be p!ss!ng in the wind though  :o

Voldemort

all depends on the price for me HP, if he's over 170k it's a no

ps

it's good to see you starting threads on the DT board again ;D

Justin Bieber

Well exam period is almost over so should see more profiles coming in eventually. I get bored alot :P.

Devo_

Hellopplz, you're doing a great job with these profiles. If you're open to suggestions, perhaps have a go at profiling Jack Trengove. 3rd year breakout candidate if Melbourne get on track. He would be a very unique pick

Devo_

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Devo_ on November 11, 2011, 10:43:35 PM
Hellopplz, you're doing a great job with these profiles. If you're open to suggestions, perhaps have a go at profiling Jack Trengove. 3rd year breakout candidate if Melbourne get on track. He would be a very unique pick
I take suggestions, always open to them :). I'll say Trengove was locked in for me before the season even ended ;). Scully leaving will probably mean more people will jump on him though although I really hope he remains unique.

egosbar

maric averages around 60 , how much time on ground was he getting for this average and as richmonds number one presumably what will his max average pan out too

im definietely going either hmac or maric at the moment im still leaning the h way