World 15s (SC) - Roster

Started by ossie85, November 11, 2011, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 14, 2011, 07:24:08 PM
Exactly meow2. Why wouldn't you have The Oval or Lords as your ground?
+1, especially since an football field wouldn't fit in a soccer stadium....

Cookie Monster

Quote from: meow meow on November 14, 2011, 07:22:12 PM
Why would you have a soccer stadium? I'm pretty sure they have cricket grounds in England.
i wasn't finished -.-

ossie85

Updated the roster with home grounds from all I can find. Except for Cookie who seems to want to choose where to play depending on opponent....

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on November 15, 2011, 09:34:29 AM

Updated the roster with home grounds from all I can find. Except for Cookie who seems to want to choose where to play depending on opponent....

Awesome.  ;D

I'll give you an updated list of my stadiums soon.

ossie85

c4's changes updated!

I see some people have personal fixtures all nicely presented :) would appreciate it if someone could have a crack at the overall fixture! Can't say I know how to present it all nicely like that...

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on November 18, 2011, 09:10:17 AM

c4's changes updated!

I see some people have personal fixtures all nicely presented :) would appreciate it if someone could have a crack at the overall fixture! Can't say I know how to present it all nicely like that...
It's not that hard :)
I'll do it ;)
Might take a while though :S

CrowsFan

Hey ossie. Could you please change my stadium to Estádio de Pumas. We got enough money to make our own stadium now instead of share with a soccer team :D

PowerBug

My number one supporter is Lionel Messi. Coz he's the only Argentinian i know ;D ;D

CrowsFan

c4v3m4n

Why is everyone obsessed with making soccer stadiums their home ground along with making soccer stars their number one ticket holder?

Ziplock

I'm going to be  really hardpressed to final an oval in the vatican :P

Maca24

Mines a UFC Fighter C4 ;)

Ossie, don't mean to be a hassle but i'm changing my stadium name to Fireball Stadium  :-X
Sorry I didn't get time to fill out the survey either. I apologize  :(

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on November 19, 2011, 01:02:59 AM

Ossie, don't mean to be a hassle but i'm changing my stadium name to Fireball Stadium  :-X

All good, I will update :) Sid's working on a roster for me (the legend) and will probably update then.

So Maca, sub rule - yay or nay?

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on November 19, 2011, 07:21:16 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on November 19, 2011, 01:02:59 AM

All good, I will update :) Sid's working on a roster for me (the legend) and will probably update then.

So Maca, sub rule - yay or nay?
All good :)
Well I like the sub rule :)
I just don't get whether your sub is selected before the round or during?
Eg. Ablett goes down injured but my chosen sub was Buddy. So I only get half of buddys points.
or..
Eg. Ablett gets injured, I can choose who I use to sub with him. I choose Boak instead of Buddy and Hale because Boaks a mid.

c4v3m4n

IMO, this is how the sub rule should work.

You name your 15 players. Then after that you name 4 substitute players (1 back, 1 mid, 1 fwd, 1 ruck).

If one of your players goes down (eg. Ablett in Macas case) then the (midfield) substitute comes on. Only one substitute can come on during the week though. In the case that more than one of your players get injured during the week, your first injured player will be subbed off and no more.

This then takes the whole "I want so-and-so to be my replacement" and also "my substitute isn't in the right playing position" problems out of the equation.