Gabba's 2012 Fanplanner team

Started by GABBAS, November 09, 2011, 05:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GABBAS

Just started planning my team. I fear that some of these prices are out so I have left room to go up or down when enetering my team next year!! Initial thoughts would be appreciated?

TEAM NAME: GABBAS
DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Scotland, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, P. Hanley, S. Blease, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, J. Bruce)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Mundy, A. Gaff, S. Coniglio, C. Beams (D. Tyson, D. Zorko)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (B. Longer, J. Giles)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Butcher, A. Morabito, M. Panos (A. Saad, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $141,100

Cicjose

team isnt bad

why hanley?

very risky with c beams at a rookie price

im not sure about Zaharakis or Panos

the rest of your side is pretty solid

7/10

egosbar

unique , a lot i dont like actually but that means nothing

id probably only give it a 6/10  sorry

lot of room for improvement imo

dont like shaw , zaha ive actually gone off ,  mids are risky i think for only having 141k left ,

unique though so i llike that

Voldemort

Gibbs and Scotland?? They'll steal scores of each other. Panos wont get much of a game, Butcher needs to prove himself and Gaff?! Not the greatest of teams ... 5.5/10

PowerBug

I'm not so sure that Gibbs and Scotland will take scores from each other, they played pretty well together in 2011. My worry with that is they have the bye on the same week.  :-X
There's another risk in your backline. Both Heater Shaw and Hanley ??? One maybe, both: probably not.

Butcher needs goals to score in DT, and being at Port means goals will be harder to come by.

Nothing against your rucks, both very solid with decent bench.

Unfortunately, i only see 14 season keepers in your starting squad, other squads here have managed to fit in 16 or 17.

Cicjose

Quote from: Voldemort on November 10, 2011, 11:35:32 AM
Gibbs and Scotland?? They'll steal scores of each other. Panos wont get much of a game, Butcher needs to prove himself and Gaff?! Not the greatest of teams ... 5.5/10

you haven't read this then

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125868/default.aspx

Voldemort

Quote from: Cicjose on November 10, 2011, 02:26:28 PM
Quote from: Voldemort on November 10, 2011, 11:35:32 AM

you haven't read this then

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125868/default.aspx

That's what they alway say, just to hype the player up against the opposition. They already have their next FF in Jones

GABBAS

Thanks for all your advice. I have taken most of it on board and have changed my team

The only thing I have kept is the Shaw/Hanley backline I feel that Hanley is ready to go silly this season. Watched him in the International Rules and he has the same role at the lions half back flanker who controls what they do. Saying that I have tried to create DPP links. C what u think Regards,

TEAM NAME: GABBAS
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Shaw, P. Hanley, K. Moore, M. Buntine (L. Brown, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, J. Caddy (T. Armstrong, D. Zorko)
RUC: S. Mumford, H. McIntosh (T. West, J. Giles)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, A. Christensen, J. Brown, M. Panos, J. Porplyzia (T. Walsh, A. Saad)
CASH LEFT: $26,000

DT Gun

See what i mean statements such as 'Panos wont get much of a game' are guesses with no logic behind them that doesnt help anyone. What makes it worse is that the bulldogs have said he is going to play a big role this year...
Panos is one of the best forward rookies you will pick this year. So that my friend is a great rookie selection

Scrads

Quote from: DT Gun on November 16, 2011, 08:14:33 PM
See what i mean statements such as 'Panos wont get much of a game' are guesses with no logic behind them that doesnt help anyone. What makes it worse is that the bulldogs have said he is going to play a big role this year...
Panos is one of the best forward rookies you will pick this year. So that my friend is a great rookie selection

Almost like 'Kreuzer will never average 90' ?

FWIW, I think Panos is a good choice too.

DT Gun

yeh that was an exaggeration haha he might but it will take time

Ringo

As a fellow Brissie supporter I thought you may have had the Berger as your premium ruck.  Suspect we will play Hudson of the Bench and Lueie will be a resting forward further increasing his scoring potential.  Remember he slaughtered Mummy when we played Sydney.

GABBAS

Yeah I agree abut Panos but I guess you will never know until first teams r announced. I love the Berger from Brissie I was just fearful that I had too many lions players in the one team. Saying that Mumford has very similar value to all the premium rucks so I can interchange.

Im a tad worried about Kelvin Moore from Richmond In my backline but fully fit hes in their best 22 and I feel he has the potential to be a cash cow after receiving a 40% discount.

Im still undecided about the midfield as Im not sure how much discount Lenny will get and Im pretty confident David Mundy will receive a discount he only played 12 games and 2 of them he had super low scores. So he might be worth a look in

Theres so much water to go under the bridge but I feel this team has promise with a lil tinkering Im sure it will b very competitive  8) Cheers guys

Voldemort

Quote from: DT Gun on November 16, 2011, 08:14:33 PM

You'd know all about making statements with no logic behind them eh DT Gun  ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: GABBAS on November 17, 2011, 10:29:41 AM
Yeah I agree abut Panos but I guess you will never know until first teams r announced. I love the Berger from Brissie I was just fearful that I had too many lions players in the one team. Saying that Mumford has very similar value to all the premium rucks so I can interchange.

Im a tad worried about Kelvin Moore from Richmond In my backline but fully fit hes in their best 22 and I feel he has the potential to be a cash cow after receiving a 40% discount.

Im still undecided about the midfield as Im not sure how much discount Lenny will get and Im pretty confident David Mundy will receive a discount he only played 12 games and 2 of them he had super low scores. So he might be worth a look in

Theres so much water to go under the bridge but I feel this team has promise with a lil tinkering Im sure it will b very competitive  8) Cheers guys

unfortunately you need to play 10 games or less to be eligible for a discount.