Who are your 2012 must-have starting premiums?

Started by Patrician, November 09, 2011, 11:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

i think GOD, gibbs, and lids as defenders are prem locks. especially with their dpp ability.

GAJ a lock, more than likely pendles and swan as well. i think out of the upper tier of midfield prems, joel selwood is the best priced (fanplanner) - fair chance he'll get close or hit the 120 average.

rucks are interesting, many might go for cheap options.

even tho buddy has a tough 2 opening games and is expensive i'll be starting him. gonna pretty much lock in cloke next year as well.

Patrician

Not sure about Cloke. He can have some off games where he goes below 60. Although his late season was better.

I take your point about the Rucks. Quite a few people are saying there's a lot of choice.

TheMailman

Quote from: Patrician on November 10, 2011, 09:58:49 AM
Quote from: TheMailman on November 09, 2011, 03:57:35 PM
Really no one is a must have unless they have a reasonable preseason

same goes for ablett pendles and even swan
Yeah, it is early days. Perhaps I should have prefixed the thread with "injuries aside and on end of season form".

But its only November 10 and I'm really missing the footy  >:( so I gotta distract myself with speculation like this.

Time to get a life I suppose!

You and I have a lot in common  ;D

Jake8

Voldemort

Gibbs, Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Buddy, Cox and Fyfe (I wont have them all), these are the guys to get

Patrician

Cox? Hmmmm...

I'm probably tripping...but I'm worried that he's likely to slowly lose form. Can he turn it on consistently for one more season?

jimmytigs

pendles was greatly improved in 2011,but he shone out mostly when swan was playing injured,unless going with both im surely having swan,i got pendles pegged as a dal santo type,smooth silky skilled,but if collingwood come back to field a bit those that dont go get their own ball may suffer,then he might get tagged more next year as tagging swan like ablett is pretty much an excercise in futility,saw the north kid greenwood tag dalsanto into oblivion a couple years ago,i reckon same could be done to pendlebury,

definately not paying 600k for ruckmen,its almost guarenteed that no ruckman will play all 22 games & many of them are now scoring near 100 points a game,west at a bargain price will probably be cats number 1,bellchambers cheap surely will step up at bombers this year,renouf although with the heart of a pissant will elevate to #1 at port at a bargain price & giles should get games at gws,no doubt others will come to the fore & injuries will see even more step up before start of season

Voldemort

Quote from: Patrician on November 11, 2011, 09:51:53 AM
Cox? Hmmmm...

I'm probably tripping...but I'm worried that he's likely to slowly lose form. Can he turn it on consistently for one more season?

he is one of the best ruckmen the game has seen ... I'm pretty sure he can turn it on for one more season  :o

Patrician

Quote from: Voldemort on November 11, 2011, 02:20:45 PM
Quote from: Patrician on November 11, 2011, 09:51:53 AM
Cox? Hmmmm...

he is one of the best ruckmen the game has seen ... I'm pretty sure he can turn it on for one more season  :o
::)

He did have a so-so season in 2010 and he's 31. Don't get me wrong, I had him in 2011 and he was dynamite. 

Ziplock

Torpedo10

I think Rockliff is a lock for me even tho he might not be the best option. He is just a guy who I have the faith to be awesome in 2012.

Impromptu

Quote from: Torress on November 10, 2011, 03:29:40 PM
i think GOD, gibbs, and lids as defenders are prem locks. especially with their dpp ability.
+1

Looking forward to Goddard being in my initial team :)

Patrician

Would you be tempted to start GOD late, as an upgrade? Or too worried he'll fire from the start?

Voldemort

I would start Lids later as he has a tough start (in the draw) but not GOD

Impromptu

Quote from: Patrician on November 14, 2011, 11:36:23 AM
Would you be tempted to start GOD late, as an upgrade? Or too worried he'll fire from the start?

Next year, I think Goddard would be underprice for his talent in real life and SC....

I currently have no locks in midfield... and Swan and Pendles don't look like having a spot in my team..

I might chicken out and be safe with the Swendle combo