Who are your 2012 must-have starting premiums?

Started by Patrician, November 09, 2011, 11:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrician

As the title suggests.

Pendles, Murphy, Selwood, Buddy and Mumford for me.

See the seperate thead for upgrade targets  :) 

Ringo

Not sure about Mumford being a must have as 2012 rucks is very open.

Agree with others though although it is a toss up between Buddy/Cloke for forward,

Patrician

Well i could change my mind on Mummy  ;D

Cox and Sandi are just becoming too risky to be locked in, IMHO. Goldstein is a big consideration too though. 

demon_spud

I will wait until I see prices as well as what the new 'magic' number is to see how the prices will level out eventually with players avgs around 110-120.

I think premium price eventually balanced out, though it might be that none of the premiums were true prems all year.

Patrician

I dunno if price is going to come into it for me, unless those guys are stupidly pricey.

I think I'll get those players and then build the rest of the team around them.

enzedder

TheMailman

Really no one is a must have unless they have a reasonable preseason

same goes for ablett pendles and even swan

bowyanger

My must have starting premiums would have to be Mummy, MMurphy, Selwood, Franklin, Pendles & Ablett
Im not going to be able to afford them though!

Patrician

Ya never know  ;D

Nah, chances are that would be a pretty top heavy team.

Mind you, if there are a hoard of mature age cheapy players, then it might work out.

mtooler

Quote from: TheMailman on November 09, 2011, 03:57:35 PM

Apparently I can only report you for being abusive, however, your statement about DT royalty is comical.

charliesheen

Quote from: Patrician on November 09, 2011, 05:27:37 PM
Ya never know  ;D

Nah, chances are that would be a pretty top heavy team.

Mind you, if there are a hoard of mature age cheapy players, then it might work out.

GWS will have a few, and I expect a few of the top 8 teams to top up with mature age recruits to increase depth.

TheMailman

Quote from: mtooler on November 09, 2011, 06:33:06 PM

Apparently I can only report you for being abusive, however, your statement about DT royalty is comical.

Sure thing mate

When Swan does his knee and scores next to nothing in the preseason he's all yours

btw try not to insult people

Also, I was merely stating the obvious, if you pick someone who has had a bad preseason its you we should avoid  8)
i'm assuming Lake was your star player this year

And again this is SC not DT

Now I feel like a hypocrite  :-X

charliesheen

Patrician

Yeah, it is early days. Perhaps I should have prefixed the thread with "injuries aside and on end of season form".

But its only November 10 and I'm really missing the footy  >:( so I gotta distract myself with speculation like this.

Time to get a life I suppose!

jimmytigs

goddard gibbs deledio/swan judd ablett/franklin s.johnson fyfe-no rucks,they are all piling up decent scores nowadays so im looking at possible bargains like west/bellchambers/giles,see how they go in preseason,mcintosh back at north so gotta question wisdom of goldstein,will keep eye of s.johnson & fyfe also but lock in the other 7 for sure,will be doing my best to squeeze in selwood & boyd as well