ive had a look and rated a lot of teams please return the favor

Started by egosbar, November 08, 2011, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egosbar

backs will depend on nab , obvioulsly if lake looks ok he will be value , going with gun mids straight up , forwards ill be looking at upgrading bringing in cloke if he has a slow start , my sixth and seventh backs and forwards will probably change a million times , got 145k sitting on my bench in my mids so i have room to move there

TEAM NAME: egosbar
DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, B. Goddard, D. Heppell, B. Lake, D. Connors, J. Webberley (B. Mihocek, J. Tynan)
MID: D. Swan, L. Hayes, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Barlow, C. Wingard (A. Miles, W. Hoskin-Elliott)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (M. Bolger, J. Giles)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Duncan, S. Sidebottom, T. Dennis-Lane, A. Morabito (S. Tunbridge, J. Porplyzia)
CASH LEFT: $7,000

click here

egosbar

nice work ziplock on zaha , i hope your right as it makes sense and im puttin him out for another year i went off him last year so i dont want to be burned

writing this i am thinking cloke but dam he burned me two years ago , i had cloke and nahas and was laughed at , i was a year too early my side would of been very good if i started them last year

ok zaha out and chappy in ,, mmmm leaves me a lot of room to move if i have to get under the salary cap i can easily drop him and get someone 100k cheaper , him or cloke well any forward

im liking this team now , are there any rookies standouts that im missing ?? especially dpp players

boschie12

your backline a bit of a worried, need another premiun there, same with ur mids, fyfe need to be in the forward line.forward line is very strong, to much money spent there.
so guess u have to get rid of one ryder & clark for fyre,
but alot will depends if ur head to player. only got about 14 players in ur team that i would call keepers,

egosbar

swapped chappy out for w hoskin elliott allowed redden into the mids , fyfe is in mids for dual purpose , done the same last year

backs are not high on the list , this is where i always take my risks

egosbar

added all my players averages with swan as double , added 60 for each rookie player that is playing onfield and i ended up 2085 , id be more then happy with that start

nostradamus

where to start

ok.....here goes

DEF:
Heppell, potentially this years fyfe....but can he handle the extra attention( l hope he can! )
Hibberd, l'm unsure about him...but he does owe the club after his stuff up, so might have a point to prove
Suckling and Puopolo....watch pre-season....who knows what clarkos game plan will be this season

MID:
Fyfe, put him in the forward line.....and get someone else after you get rid of ryder or clark

RUCK:
sandi, steer clear....turf toe is notorious for being an on-going complaint
kreuzer, am unsure....watch pre-season....but could be his breakout year
giles, will play heaps of games and be a good cash cow
derrickx, doubt he'll get a game

FWD:
dont like ryder & clark, a bit of overkill.....choose one of them
nahas...no
astbury...no

l do like that your team isnt the run of the mill, but think there are too many risky choices here

As you said about your rookies.....they will change, so there's no point in saying anything at this stage

And as for the rest of your team....l think its good, a solid base which l think will evolve into a really good team by the time the season starts

......l hope this helps, yours is the first l've reviewed

egosbar

thanks mate yes i agree now , fyfe into the forwards for clark , he did burn me two years ago

hayes into the mids for fyfe , talia to morris  in backs

nahs to roo and asturbury to dylan mcniel hope he gets games will watch pre season closely

did some reading on turf toe , can be a problem in the future and with sandi as big as he is i think i have to agree here , sandi to goldie

what do you think now

Ralphy69

Great looking FWD and MID.
Only concern would be with the backs, but if your strategy is to take your risks there...go with it.
Personally I don't think that you can go past Deledio this year. With Morris touted as playing Round 1 he should be freed up to play more of a sweeper role and rotate through midfield also.
I'm also hoping that Hartlett can put his soft tissue injuries behind him and play 22 games this year. In such a young team like Port he should see more midfield time also.
I will gamble with fallen premiums [like Hayes, Barlow or Winderlich] in MIDS and spend a little more down back...

Devo_

Quote from: egosbar on November 08, 2011, 07:58:43 PM
TEAM NAME: egosbar
DEF: B. Gibbs, M. Suckling, D. Heppell, P. Puopolo, M. Hibberd, S. Morris, J. Webberley (B. Mihocek, J. Tynan)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Redden, L. Hayes, C. Wingard (A. Miles, D. Smith)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Kreuzer (M. Curnow, J. Giles)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, P. Ryder, N. Fyfe, J. Patton, W. Hoskin-Elliott (D. McNeil, J. Porplyzia)
CASH LEFT: $2,500

Backs: I accept that you're deliberately not putting a lot into your backs. Unique approach and fair play to you. I don't see the upside in Poo and Hibberd in 2012 though. It's just as likely that they will maintain their ~70 averages and you'll be burning trades trying to get rid of them. If you are going to pick guys in that tricky price range, they need lots of upside. Petrenko is one to look at, avg of 67 in 2011, but punched out an 85 avg in the 2nd half of 2011 and he's $20k cheaper than the Poo. If you don't mind taking a risk, you could go Waters for $40k cheaper than Poo. Brian Lake and Tony Armstrong have been discussed at length on this board, and those guys are way cheaper. Some tweaks here and you will have a solid and unique backline and more $ to spread around.

Mids: Rock solid. Consider Barlow instead of Hayes for your value pick, you could probably get similar production for $50k cheaper and Barlow is much younger.

Rucks: Goldy is a solid pick, but monitor his relationship with HMac in the pre-season. As HMac takes on more of the ruck duties (HMac told The Age the other day he was expecting a 50-50 split), it may or may not affect Goldy's scoring.

Forward: Good premium picks. N Riewoldt is crazy enough to work. Watch how St K go in the preseason with their new game plan, but I love that pick. I know Ryder is a DPP for Kreuzer, but he is a big risk. So much depends on his role. Patton needs to show me that he can match it with AFL-calibre backmen and forward presses before I'd pick him, particularly if he is going to be expensive. Think about someone cheaper there. 

nostradamus

Quote from: egosbar on November 08, 2011, 10:18:39 PM
thanks mate yes i agree now , fyfe into the forwards for clark , he did burn me two years ago

hayes into the mids for fyfe , talia to morris  in backs

nahs to roo and asturbury to dylan mcniel hope he gets games will watch pre season closely

did some reading on turf toe , can be a problem in the future and with sandi as big as he is i think i have to agree here , sandi to goldie

what do you think now

l like all those changes ego

.....just watch out for goldy, as his time on the ball may be affected due to mckintosh's return (NAB cup should give you a good indicator of that)

Voldemort

The problem with many team inc. this one is that the midfield is STACKED. Swan, Pendlebury, GAblett, Redden, Hayes... Spread the money around or you'll find yourself losing a lot of point in both your fwd line and backline.

egosbar

thanks guys for the thoughts

i may just gamble on a lesser ruck then goldie and swap hayes to barlow as i was on the barlow train when he first played and hes a favorite

this should allow an upgrade to lids in the backline without sacraficing too much

egosbar

dam i hate dt , lol ive changed a lot and i said i wouldnt change too much , i think my side has improved and i have plenty of room to move if i drop a gun mid to a potential gun

rip it to threads guys

egosbar

ive just posted my mids and rucks now

loaded and locked , the actual team is pretty good now but will mean playing 2 rookies in forwards and backs

thanks for the help fellas my team wont be getting posted until season start now

good luck too all

egosbar

couldnt help myself ill go one more post , as i mentioned in the first post that has been edited the sixth and seventh backs and forwards can be changed depending on form and price after nab form