Darth Trader & The Death Stars - RATE ME !!!

Started by Ralphy69, November 08, 2011, 11:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralphy69

Team Name: Darth Trader
Salary cap left: $417,300.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Pearce Hanley, Tony Armstrong, Josh Bruce
Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dayne Zorko
Stephen Clifton, Marty Clarke

Matthew Leuenberger, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Tom Derickx

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Jack Watts, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito, Ahmed Saad
Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh[/font]

PowerBug

Nice team Ralphy! :) There's a nice mix of Super premo's and uniques in there.
I say you have ~17 players who are season keepers :) That's pretty good.

Only question is do you really have 417k left over?? That team is pretty good if so :)

Voldemort

use your 417k to upgrade some backs and fwds

Ralphy69

Fanplanner Team value: $8,712,700 so should fit under salary cap...

Devo_

Quote from: Ralphy69 on November 08, 2011, 11:43:39 AM
Team Name: Darth Trader
Salary cap left: $417,300.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Pearce Hanley, Tony Armstrong, Josh Bruce
Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dayne Zorko
Stephen Clifton, Marty Clarke

Jonathan Giles, Tom Derickx

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Jack Watts, Jonathan Brown, Anthony Morabito, Ahmed Saad
Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh[/font]

This is an interesting team that could get you ahead of the pack if your cheaper picks come off.

Backs: Pretty strong line without spending big $. I've said elsewhere that Armstrong should be watched in pre-season before being picked, because we don't know how he will be used in Sydney.

Mids: Your mids will score well out of the box. Swallow has upside, and Barlow and Hayes are good value. I've got some questions though. Pendles in isolation is a great pick, but perhaps not at the expense of Swan. A dream team with no Swan is the equivalent of a pub with no beer! I see no evidence to suggest that Swan will drop off in 2012, so I don't see any competitive advantage in having Pendles instead of Swan. You would only do it if you thought there was a very high probability that Pendles will average the same as Swan or better, or if you think Swan will significantly drop in price in the first few rounds and you upgrade to him early. Otherwise, you pay the extra $20-30k for Swan and bank his 120+ ppg from round 1. Also, Marty Clarke is a ballsy pick when we have no idea what his role will be, how quickly he will adjust to the 2012 brand of AFL footy, and when there are plenty of good mid rookies around. I'd watch Clarke in the pre-season like a hawk before committing.

Rucks: Good picks, but Derickx is a fair way down the order now at Richmond (Maric, Graham, Browne all ahead of him). I'd pick someone else for your R4.

Fwds: Watts is a gutsy pick and is a bit of a dark horse if Melbourne get their act together. He really showed signs of improvement last year. If I were to pick him though, I'd want to be confident that he will average 90-95ppg or more. His role in pre-season will tell the tale. Morabito might not score that well and J Brown's body can't be trusted anymore. Generally, I think some of your leftover $417k needs to be put into your forward line. You need another premium here.

I know I went strong on the Pendles vs Swan issue, but please don't take it the wrong way. I hope the above is useful to you.

egosbar

i can only say with 417k what are you thinking put swan in , its saves a trade , he wont drop that much and there is money to be made in other ways

Ralphy69

Have replaced:
Pendlebury with Swan
Armstrong with Lake (if he shows he is fit in preseason, otherwise Same Blease, Jordan Lisle & Armstrong are on watchlist)
Marty Clarke with Curtly Hampton (One of the bigger bodies at GWS / should get game time early)
Tom Derickx with Josh Jenkins (who cares about R4 anyway?)
Jack Watts with Sidebottom (hope for breakout to 100+)
Morabito with Panos (Dogs seem to like him as a starter in their revamped FWD line?)
I have faith that JBrown will start the season well and aim to upgrade him as early as possible.

Feel free to rip it apart...

Team Value = $8,780,300 based on Fanplanner (should be under cap when discount is applied for Hayes)

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Hamish Hartlett, Pearce Hanley, Brian Lake, Josh Bruce
Tim Mohr, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Lenny Hayes, Michael Barlow, Dayne Zorko
Stephen Clifton, Curtly Hampton

Jonathan Giles, Josh Jenkins

Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Steele Sidebottom, Jonathan Brown, Jason Porplyzia, Tommy Walsh
Matthew Panos, Ahmed Saad

egosbar

every team has to have super swan , so good move there , i have both pendles and swan though

ive also gone lake even before i read this post , as you said depends on preseason but if he shows any fitness and form everyone will have him and so much value you cant ignore him

im not a fan of watts i like sidebum better

pretty good side

Ralphy69

Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Pearce Hanley, Jack Grimes, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel
Koby Stevens, Dayne Zorko

Aaron Sandilands, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Nick Riewoldt, Allen Christensen, Jonathan Brown, Adam Treloar
Tommy Walsh, Curtly Hampton

Salary cap left: $13,300.

ossie85

Very well balanced team, except not a fan of Hanley or McIntosh

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ralphy69 on January 24, 2012, 05:36:09 PM
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Pearce Hanley, Jack Grimes, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes
Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Andrew Swallow, Michael Barlow, Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel
Koby Stevens, Dayne Zorko
Aaron Sandilands, Hamish McIntosh
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson
Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Nick Riewoldt, Allen Christensen, Jonathan Brown, Adam Treloar
Tommy Walsh, Curtly Hampton
Salary cap left: $13,300.

Def: super solid - watch grimey in nab
Mid: great and standard, clifton better be a lot better than the other rooks at $104k or get yourself an extra $70K and downgrade him.
Ruck: watch hmac he needs a good role involving total game time on field and he needs to be firing.
Fwd: 3 is a lot of mid pricers but why not they should end up your 5th 6th and 7th fwd keepers, but me i would want better than any of the three for my 5th, means you have to trade one up.

Good solid side, coniglio overpriced and hmac a risk, maybe one can almost fix the other. Nice side good luck in 2012.