Main Menu

Children Of The Corn

Started by Hellopplz, November 06, 2011, 02:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

No wonder they show movies late night, there is some messed up "stuff" out there (will be refraining from swearing in this post).

This was a movie on channel 10 tonight which I was turned onto halfway through, and boy did it get FREAKY :o.

It included Murderous Pagan Children, Their "God" "He Who Walks Behind The Rows" (who disembowls his victims), hallucinations, A corn field which seems to go on forever, Fire, Child Abuse and slayings, Blood (and quite a bit of it), Graphic images not to mention Child intercourse (You heard me). Did I mention during this intercourse all the other children gathered around and the little ones were jumping up and down :o.

Upside was, it was full of cute little kids...... Who carried knives and hammers. Not to mention a slow motion explosion 8).

This "Stuff" was messed up completely :o. Had a good time talking to my friends about this and just saying WTF the entire time :P. It's good to watch if you are bored and/or are probably "out of it" ;).

Anybody else have any crazy movies they've watched?

RiOtChEsS

haha yeah Stephen King FTW ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on November 06, 2011, 02:44:02 AM
haha yeah Stephen King FTW ;D
I had to wikipedia it, that was how :o I was about the movie.

RiOtChEsS

I like some of his earlier stuff its raw an undiluted as he was looking to really pave his audience, im guessing the one u watched was a remake?

or was it an 80's looking seedy flic?

Justin Bieber

The remake (2009). To me, it's a good movie to make fun out of and say WTF.

Some of that stuff was just from a Psycho's mind! ;).

RiOtChEsS

haha yeah he is brilliant, i havent really seen many of the movies but read 99% of the books...

even Bachman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bachman

CrowsFan

Yeah was a little odd that film. I plan on watching the original now because that is meant to be even creepier :)

Cicjose

there are many sequels for the original too

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Marcz on November 06, 2011, 02:56:27 AM
haha yeah he is brilliant, i havent really seen many of the movies but read 99% of the books...

even Bachman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Bachman
I haven't read mnay books because of school but I've heard of them no doubt. May get into some reading over the next couple of months 8).

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 06, 2011, 03:01:41 AM
Yeah was a little odd that film. I plan on watching the original now because that is meant to be even creepier :)
May do the same eventually.

Windigo

Read every S.K book.

Children of the corn is only a short story and there was only ever the one. Not all these re-make bull shower.

kingkingston

The original ones are always the best

Windigo

"He Who Walks Behind The Rows."

Probably Randall Flagg now that I think about it.

c4v3m4n

Some weird movies I'd suggest...

Firstly, either of Daft Punk's movies.

The movie, "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem", is up in my top films of all-time list. Fantastic movie. There are no words whatsoever, only the music to the entire Discovery album in one playthrough. Weird. However, the way the animations match the album along with the storyline is just sheer brilliance. Find this film and watch it. Seriously. You'll thank me after watching it. You're welcome.  ;D

The other movie, "Daft Punk's Electroma" is weirder, but not as great. Still good, but no where as good as 5555. This was an 'experimental film' from the pair. It's a live action movie staring Daft Punk as robots ::) on a quest to become humans. Again, great soundtrack (not by Daft Punk this time, still great) and great cinematography. However, it is probably the weirdest movie I've seen (or at least the weirdest one I can think of at the moment lol :P)

Secondly, is some of Peter Jackson's films.

Yes. Sir Peter Jackson.

Before Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson made some low budget cult films that are truly weird, but again awesome.

Bad Taste was his first full length feature film. The storyline is about a group called the Astro Investigation and Defence Service, or AIDS ;D who have been sent to a NZ town to investigate the disappearance of all the towns members. Turns out they have been made into food for a galactic fast food restaurant.

With a budget of $25k (plus $235k from the NZ government), you're obviously going to have to cut corners. The masks used were baked in Peter Jackson's mothers oven and the guns used were made from aluminium tubing. The cast consisted of Peter Jackson and his work colleagues, friends and family members.  :o

His second film, Meet the Feebles got weirder. This time, it was weirdness of a perverted nature. Think of it as the opposite of the Muppets. Where they are happy, nice, innocent, the Feebles are yeah... plain perverted.  :-\

Here's a quote from the trailer:

QuoteJust once in a lifetime, there comes a motion picture...so courageous...so explosive that all else pails in comparison. A motion picture that breaks with convention. Disregards taboos...risks 90 days in jail  ???...and digs deep into hitherto unexplored regions. This is such a picture. The barriers are down. Sex, drugs, animal husbandry  :o, corruption. From the killing fields of Vietnam, to the playing fields of Beverly Hills. This is the motion picture that dares to probe the innermost fears....that eats at the heart, that tears at the soul. From Peter Jackson, the director who brought you Bad Taste, comes a movie with no taste at all. A motion picture that is all its got. The adult puppet movie with something to offend everyone.

Yeah, definitely not one for the young children. And definitely a weird movie.

The final film by PJ and my personal favorite, Braindead. This is still considered to be one of the goriest films of all-time. Of all-time. In one scene, which you can see here there is a guy holding up a lawnmower in order to rip zombies to shreads. Oh yeah, it's a zombie film. A very weird cult comedy slapstick zombie horror film.

Next up is a movie from the guys that brought you South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone...

...Cannibal! The Musical.

Yep, it's exactly what the title suggest, a musical about the infamous cannibal, Alfred Packer. And with songs like "Let's Build a Snowman" and "Shpadoinkle Day", whats not to love. But yeah, it's definitely weird.

Lastly, is a movie regarded as "one of the worst films of all-time". No, it's not Justin Bieber's movie, nor any of the awful "____ Movie" (Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Who Cares Anymore Movie).

No, it's a movie called, "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

This movie gets its weirdness from the appauling storyline and production values.

Just have a look a the trailer and you'll understand. During the movie, you can also see boom mics, shadows that shouldn't be there, and god awful dialogue.

I'm sure there are others I have seen, but at this time of night...that'll do.  :P

Cicjose

look at Troma for B Grade horror

some of their work includes:

KILLER CONDOM

REDNECK ZOMBIES

SGT. KABUKIMAN N.Y.P.D

SURF NAZI'S MUST DIE!

THE TOXIC AVENGER

TROMEO AND JULIET

WITCHCRAFT

http://www.troma.com/films/

kingkingston