what do youu think? first attempt :)

Started by powerade_0, November 05, 2011, 07:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerade_0

hey guys just wondering if you guys could give me some comments on this team, cheers  :)

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Hartlett, J. Grimes, B. Waters, J. Drummond, T. Armstrong (T. Gillies, B. Ellis)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, L. Hayes, B. Vince, S. Burgoyne, S. Coniglio (T. Bugg, D. Zorko)
RUC: D. Cox, B. McEvoy (J. Spencer, M. Curnow)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Cloke, J. Bolton, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, A. Morabito, W. Hoskin-Elliott (J. Porplyzia, G. Ugle)
CASH LEFT: $35,400

TheMailman

Hey I don't know enough about the rookies to give useful adivce however:

Drummond/Grimes haven't been able to pull up full seasons so be careful!

Hartlett might have trouble along with all Port Adelaide players

Morabito is still recovering from a serious leg injury and Porplyzia is coming off a shoulder injury

A lot of injury prone players in an otherwise solid team

Voldemort

Backs: Three injury prone players. Hartlett, Grimes and Waters. I would change that.

Mids: Two super premiums, one premium coming from injury, but the other two are the problem... Vince is always there or there abouts, but never really hits the mark as a true premium. Burgoyne isnt a massive possession getter. He's more of burst player with classy foot skills.

Forwards: Liking the look of it, solid, will score nicely. I'd rather Fyfe over Bolton though (if you can afford it)

TheMailman

QuoteI'd rather Fyfe over Bolton though (if you can afford it)

I'd agree try to replace one of Brown, Morabito, Zaharakis or Bolton with Fyfe

If you have the monies  ;D

powerade_0

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, H. Hartlett, J. Grimes, B. Waters, T. Armstrong, M. Buntine (W. Sierakowski, B. Ellis)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, S. Thompson, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, T. Mitchell (D. Zorko, T. Bugg)
RUC: D. Cox, B. McEvoy (J. Spencer, M. Curnow)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, T. Cloke, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, A. Morabito, W. Hoskin-Elliott (J. Porplyzia, G. Ugle)
CASH LEFT: $43,100

Backs: i do agree how you say hartlett, grims and waters are injury prone but when they are up and running they score well so i think the rewards are mouth watering
Dummond out for Buntine

Mids: Vince, Burgoyne, Coniglio out for Barlow, Thompson and Mitchell

Forwards: i decided to trade out Bolton from the ones you guys listed and i know that fyfe had an operation at the end of the season so i dont know how much of a full pre-season he will have so i decided to go the safe option and pick Goodes :D

what you guys think?

TheMailman

The trades you made were great  :o

Only query would be to maybe keep coniglio and spend a bit more money on the backline

I would still trade in Fyfe if you could but it's your team  ;)

Voldemort

egosbar

grimes  mmm too injury prone for me , waters the same
no swan

powerade_0

first shot at this guys trying to get my head around the right structure.
any advise?

TEAM NAME: pingpongs
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Waters, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Docherty, W. Sierakowski (B. Smedts, D. Astbury)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, A. Morabito (J. McDonald, T. Mitchell)
RUC: S. Mumford, B. McEvoy (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Martin, A. Goodes, D. Zaharakis, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, B. Dick (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $66,800

thanks!

upthemaidens

i would downgrade windowlicker and either spend the cash on your backs, or upgrade hayes to ultra premium.
  if u are going for overall then u have a couple of bye problems, if ur going for league then i guess it doesnt matter
theres alot of risk in your backline,but i spose thats the best place to have it if u must have it

powerade_0

thanks for that mate.
can you explain how the bye will affect me? i dont really understand it. should i have 10 people have a bye each round as a start?

upthemaidens

basically try not to have more than 2 premiums in any 1 line with the same bye..
  it doesnt matter if rookies are sharing the bye as much because u will be trading them out(hopefully) by the time the byes come around.
if u have 3 premiums in the midfield with a rd.12 bye, than unless u are going to trade a premium(which is a no-no) u have a guarenteed zero.
by round 11 the ideal set-up would be 8/11/11(rd.11,12,13),,
now no matter what u do you will end up 2 zero's anyhow(everyone will)
   there are a few write ups on the forum about it, which u should probably read to give u a better explanation.

your team as it stands has ablett,murphy and hayes sharing rd.13
and also  if u have picked winderlich as a keeper(i gather u have) ,than goodes,zaharakis,winderlich share rd.12

powerade_0

thanks for the upthemaidens makes a lot of sense. gonna have to redo my team. probs repost it when i do :)
have you put a team up mate?

upthemaidens

Quote from: powerade_0 on January 18, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
thanks for the upthemaidens makes a lot of sense. gonna have to redo my team. probs repost it when i do :)
have you put a team up mate?
nah i dont generally post my team, but to be honest it changes so often that there isnt really much point :)

powerade_0

haha yeah bad. i never used to posed mine either but i havent looked at players at all for months so im behind the eight ball. good to get some helpful advise :)