Main Menu

Black Caviar

Started by Grazz, November 05, 2011, 06:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

This may go down as well as my thread "Fishing Who's Into It" but whether you have a punt or not, have an interest in Horse

Racing or not this horse "Black Caviar" is a fabulous horse and deserves all congratulations and acknowledgements.

I hope seeing here that we are blessed with such a young audience that everyone Gambles responsibly. Melb Cup is my one bet

for the year and it's nice to support something that started in 1861. Had a 1k sorry Pound's on Archer that year lol.

if you think 1861 was a good year  then you should of been there in 1862, that night went off...

Dudge

Don't know if it will happen, but it would unreal to see Black Caviar and Sepoy face off. I'm pretty sure their connections are taking different paths though. For those who kwow a bit about racing, if it were to ever eventuate, who do you think would win?  It would be great to see a match race between the two, like Seabiscuit v War Admiral, that would be epic and would draw a big crowd.

Grazz

I still have Big Red up the pointy end of my list, The Great Phar Lap won over the more celebrated distances  but there was many

more Kingston Town Archer Makybe Diva  not to mention many many more Carbine haha then talk about the International Horses

for me if "Seabiscuit" doesn't make you cry like "Old Yella" or "Bambi" did then you have issues haha.

Phar Lap was something in hard times people could put their hard earned on and he would deliver, gotta love that.

Black Caviar in the GFC climate could be given the same consideration but my favourite is still Big Red. Weight will stop a train and

he was a "Locomotive". 16 in a row congrats to the conections of "Black Caviar" Ranked Number 1 in the world. Bring on

Frankally or whatever his English name is... But they shoild come here Black Caviar is #1 afterall..

Sepoy would be another race that a few would like to see, i think if ever there was a time to reintroduce Match Racing now would be

a good one. Could mention a couple more, there's one in Singapore that cant come here due to quarantine laws so BC will have to

go there but the name eludes me at the minute.

BratPack

Ahhh match racing....the good old days of Vo Rouge vs Super Impose  :P

Grazz

Quote from: BratPack on November 05, 2011, 06:41:28 PM
Ahhh match racing....the good old days of Vo Rouge vs Super Impose  :P

Yeh stuff like that.