Voldy's got a fanplanner! Rate plz

Started by Voldemort, November 04, 2011, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voldemort

Death Eaters FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Riddle. Salary cap left: $14,700.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Sam Fisher, Sam Docherty
Tim Mohr, Will Sierakowski

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Eddie Prato

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Travis Cloke, Jason Porplyzia, Shane Kersten
Jed Lamb, Gerald Ugle

Voldemort

Devo_

Quote from: Voldemort on November 04, 2011, 07:34:07 PM
Death Eaters FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Riddle. Salary cap left: $159,300.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Sam Frost, Sam Docherty

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Josh Caddy
Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Travis Cloke, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten
Jed Lamb, Jason Porplyzia

pretty happy with the team. Few uniques, few guns, good balance. What do you think?

Your team will score well early and it is one of the best teams I've seen so far. Only issue is that your backline needs more investment, as you've pointed out. You could plough your leftover 159k into getting another premium back and then you'll be ready to rock. If you want to keep that 159k intact, then some options for change are below:

Backs: As above, one more premium back needed. Otherwise your backs are good. Frost is the one I'd leave out in the cold (see what I did there?)

Mids: I wouldn't want to line up against that midfield in the first league game! Thompson is a good pick with Adelaide's draw this year. If you're looking to save some $, Tyson is a good pick but is an expensive player to have sitting on your bench. There's other mids who are cheaper who will score well, Tom Mitchell comes to mind. Perhaps consider making a choice b/w Caddy or Coniglio if you need to save money, but I can see why you have both in your side.

Rucks: Not much value in Cox in 2012. I wonder if his scores will drop off a touch with Naitanui taking more of the load. I'd be looking someone a little less expensive to help fund that additional premium back. Otherwise, rucks are sound, but be careful of the rd 11 bye, all your rucks will be out that week.

Fwds: Very strong line. I like. Only suggestion is to switch Will H-E into the mids to give you a DPP link. Also take note of the analysis of Zaha that was done by Ziplock in one of the other threads.

Voldemort

yeah one more upgrade in the backs will be done soon. I'm keepin' Cox, I'll regret it otherwise  ;)

Cheers Devo

Voldemort

keeping in mind that no rookies are set in my team atm, I just chose the ones that look like they are going to pump some good scores or have some good value to them

Ziplock

Death Eaters FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Riddle. Salary cap left: $14,700.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Sam Fisher, Sam Docherty

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Will Hoskin-Elliott
Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Travis Cloke, Jason Porplyzia, Shane Kersten
Jed Lamb, Gerald Ugle
Backs: Can't really fault Gibbs, who beasted it this year, or Goddard who is seriously underpriced. And lids will be making an appearance in many teams based on scoring ability and consistency, so, those three are all standard, and decent enough. Fisher is a bit of a unique pick... tbh, one that I wouldn't take- he's 30 years old next year, in a team that's on the slide, and has only averaged at a premium level once, 4 years ago. Not for me. Then rookies who nobody knows anything about :P

Mids: Swan= DT god. Fair enough. And as people say, ablett= Jesus, and jesus is he underpriced. I seriously reckon he can lift his average close to 120 next year. Barlow is a pretty reasonable pick- he's a third year player, a beast, and underpriced due to coming back from injury, subbing, and a 10% discount on top of that. Swwwwweeeeet. Premium BOY imo. Thompson is a really interesting choice for a unique. With a new coach, I would think adelaide would improve next year, but that could mean that, since other players MAY actually have an impact, thompsons scoring could decrease. Or he could get fed the ball more and increase, it's really a 50/50.

it's good to note that after craig quit and they had the caretaker coach, thompson did average 112 for the last 7 games.

it's a risky enough punt... I doubt he'll maintain his average, but if he ups it, or it falls, could really go either way.
then rookies.

Rucks: Cox and the burger.  Personally, I'm not looking at either of these bad boys too carefully next season, I certainly doubt I'll be taking cox, but, I can see your logic in these choices. Leuen being young, and will, for the most part, carry the lions ruck line, while cox is just a beast (although I completely understand concerns about his age and relinquishment of rucking duties to nic nat). IMO cox is over priced, and there are better options. Both could end up being good picks though, if pricey.

Fwds: I am really not a fan of your forward line. I wouldn't be looking at Zaha or stevie J this season. Stevie is more of a personal choice- geelong is bound to slide, especially after losing lings tag, less ball to stevie means less goals, means less points, and I really don't see Zaha breaking out next year.

Buddy and cloke are pretty much no brainers (although I have some doubts about cloke), and porps is fair enough- especially if rookie priced.

Voldemort

Yeah debating about rucks. They both have the bye in the same round along with Giles. Fisher is there just because I need another premium, I'll be looking at someone else by NAB Cup time.

Thompson is in the team because of his draw

Zaha is in the fwd line because I can see him becoming a consistent high scorer. Stevie J .... Because he's Stevie J.

Keep in mind that no one in the team is locked (except for Swan of course)

Cheers for the review Zip  ;)

DT Gun

Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Jed Lamb, Gerald Ugle
[/quote]

This is the best team ive seen so far. not sold on zaharakis though, steele sidebottom is going to be playing more midfield time so hes a better punt i reckon. other than that though this is the best one ive seen yet

Voldemort

Quote from: DT Gun on November 15, 2011, 03:37:18 AM

Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Jed Lamb, Gerald Ugle

This is the best team ive seen so far. not sold on zaharakis though, steele sidebottom is going to be playing more midfield time so hes a better punt i reckon. other than that though this is the best one ive seen yet
[/quote]

cheers, I just put in Zaha cause I thought he can take it to the next level  ;)

egosbar

Quote from: Devo_ on November 06, 2011, 04:13:23 PM
Death Eaters FC Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by Riddle. Salary cap left: $159,300.

Bryce Gibbs, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Matthew Buntine, Sam Frost, Sam Docherty

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Michael Barlow, Stephen Coniglio, Josh Caddy
Dom Tyson, Dylan Shiel

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, David Zaharakis, Travis Cloke, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten
Jed Lamb, Jason Porplyzia

pretty happy with the team. Few uniques, few guns, good balance. What do you think?

Your team will score well early and it is one of the best teams I've seen so far. Only issue is that your backline needs more investment, as you've pointed out. You could plough your leftover 159k into getting another premium back and then you'll be ready to rock. If you want to keep that 159k intact, then some options for change are below:

Backs: As above, one more premium back needed. Otherwise your backs are good. Frost is the one I'd leave out in the cold (see what I did there?)

Mids: I wouldn't want to line up against that midfield in the first league game! Thompson is a good pick with Adelaide's draw this year. If you're looking to save some $, Tyson is a good pick but is an expensive player to have sitting on your bench. There's other mids who are cheaper who will score well, Tom Mitchell comes to mind. Perhaps consider making a choice b/w Caddy or Coniglio if you need to save money, but I can see why you have both in your side.

Rucks: Not much value in Cox in 2012. I wonder if his scores will drop off a touch with Naitanui taking more of the load. I'd be looking someone a little less expensive to help fund that additional premium back. Otherwise, rucks are sound, but be careful of the rd 11 bye, all your rucks will be out that week.

Fwds: Very strong line. I like. Only suggestion is to switch Will H-E into the mids to give you a DPP link. Also take note of the analysis of Zaha that was done by Ziplock in one of the other threads.

ill line my mids up first round - swan ablett rockcliff hayes barlow rookie lol , nice team but upgrade a back , cox could be good for you if he fires as most are steering clear , well at least what ive seen so far including me , not sure on porps yet but at his price ill be looking to nab form
nice side 7/10 upgrade a back to 8/10

Voldemort

how can I upgrade a back?! I already have 5 prems. (inc. Waters)

I know my set up mate

5-2 (5 prems. 2 rooks)

4-2

2-0

5-2

FisherSaints

Great side Voldemort, I love the mids, not to unique it just looks good. Love the rucks, although I am not sure if Cox will stay as good, he is sort of up and down each year. Love the forwards and backs. One of the best I've seen.

egosbar

didnt see fisher hiding at six lol , sorry dude playing poker sometimes u miss those things , good side good set up

TheMailman

You'll have to watch porpylzia for obvious reasons

Not sure if Jed Lamb can fit into the swans this year tbh

and of course you'll have to wait until actually drafting for those rookies so you can see what teams they're in etc.