Main Menu

The Melbourne Cup Sweep

Started by c4v3m4n, October 31, 2011, 10:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Its probably the first time since Ive been able to vote that none of the major parties look that appealing to a voter.

ossie85

Quote from: Grazz on November 02, 2011, 12:30:32 PM
Its probably the first time since Ive been able to vote that none of the major parties look that appealing to a voter.

+1

Ringo

+ 2 from another older FF member but some how we need to make a decision by March next year on what is available. Not going to be easy to decide my vote this time.

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on November 02, 2011, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 02, 2011, 12:30:32 PM

+1

Federal Politics is in a pretty sad state, i feel for those who will be voting for the 1st time and the choices they have available to them. Best of luck to you all.

nas

Quote from: Ringo on November 02, 2011, 12:40:22 PM
+ 2 from another older FF member but some how we need to make a decision by March next year on what is available. Not going to be easy to decide my vote this time.

Haha >> Kat in a Hat, Red Lips, CanDo. For State coming up. Council (Goldie) Power / Tate / Bell / Douglas / Elvis (Impesonator) Good Grief.

Justin Bieber

Doing Economics in High School has helped a bit learning about the money side of things (e.g Budget and how the economy is doing). Labour did well to help Australia avoid recession but it was from the cash Liberal had saved up :P.

c4v3m4n

Hello everyone!

I am finally home after the massive celebrations that is Melbourne Cup Day.

I am first going to randomise Races 8, 9 and 10 now as planned, then I'll list the winners of each race, then I'll tally up the points and announce the winners!!

We should hopefully have a result within an hour or so.  :D

Justin Bieber

Nice stuff C4 8). Guessing you were partying hard yesterday? :P.

From what I've picked up, Hilly should be near the top :-X.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 02, 2011, 01:17:25 PM
Nice stuff C4 8). Guessing you were partying hard yesterday? :P.

From what I've picked up, Hilly should be near the top :-X.

Mate, I party hard everyday.  8)

c4v3m4n

Alright folks, the results for each race are up!

I'm currently tallying the total points. Follow me here LIVE while I total the points.

After the second race, its HP and Flame out in front, closely followed CM, BS, pyro and Cruise. Lots of people getting stuck at the gate early on!

UPDATE: Third race down and Flame has bolted ahead, HP is trying to keep up, pyro is in the mix, CM the crowd favourite struggling, but its a long race, anything is possible!

UPDATE: Fourth race down...HP and Flame seems have slowed a little, CM and pyro are making a play for the lead...Grazz is coming around the outside, and still a lot of people struggling at the rear of the pack to get anywhere near the front!

UPDATE: Fifth race down, HP has stunned everyone and has pushed strongly past everyone...has a nice lead over pyro in 2nd, Flame, Grazz, CM, are still lingering around, Holz is trying to squeeze through the pack...and he has! Nice move there from West Australian...

UPDATE: What's this? Holz and Cookie Monster have come from nowhere and are hot on HP's heels! CF made a great move on the outside to push him up the leaderboard just moments ago, but the main focus at the moment is "Can HP hang on for the win, or will he choke?".

UPDATE: The big one, the Melbourne Cup...  :o

UPDATE: WOW! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new leader...I've never seen such a bold move like that before in my life folks. pyronerd has, Oh lord. They'll be talking about that for years. WOW. CrowsFan has also taken advantage of that bold move and pushed himself into 2nd now. What are we witnessing here today...

UPDATE: With just two races left, HP obviously not happy with pyro's tactics...however, he is catching him...Flame is still in it, pushing ahead nicely...CrowsFan, trying to hold on to 2nd...we could be in for a very close finish ladies and gentlemen...

UPDATE: Ladies and gentlemen, if you are the owner of a black Suzuki Swift, rego DFI 305, please move it now. It's blocking the ambulance. Ambulance?

BREAKING NEWS: Ladies and gentlemen, there is some very sad news coming in from trackside. Apparently there has been a large crash at the rear of the field, four people have been involved....More news as it comes to hand.

UPDATE: Back to the racing for a second, with one race left, it's still anyone's game....HP is pushing hard, trying to catch pyro, wait...who's this?

BREAKING NEWS: We are just getting word that the large crash has involved entrants c4v3m4n, roo boys!, BOOMZ and 8-6 Suited. Looking at the footage, 8-6 tried to cut BOOMZ off and in doing so, has caused them both to trip and fall. Unfortunately, RB and c4 were following close behind and couldn't avoid the crash and have also fallen.

Folks, it's not looking pretty, the ambulances and vets are at there on the track...

UPDATE: With just 400m to the post, it's still anyone...who will take it...HP? CF? pyro? CM? BS? Flame? They are all pushing hard...Flame is coming around the outside...CF on the inside...HP is struggling....CM.....CF...HP...pyro......

UPDATE: It's a photo finish, between CrowsFan, pyronerd, Hellopplz and Flame! Wow, what a finish! We'll now hold our breath for the final results....

UPDATE: They're carefully checking the photo...

UPDATE: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

UPDATE: CONGRATULATIONS TO CROWSFAN! Wow, what a finish. Pyronerd comes in 2nd by a nose and with a whisker its Hellopplz in 3rd!

UPDATE: Thank you all for tuning in for this LIVE broadcast of the 2011 Melbourne Cup sweep result. The full table of points scored will be available shortly on the first page.

We have also got news now, that those 4 runners involved in the crash have had to be put down.  :'(

Grazz

Cmon Grazz stretch them legs,whip whip whip

Justin Bieber

Looks like I may gas out after leading early.

RUN HP RUN!!!

Justin Bieber

Just checked the First Post :-X. Won't be a spoiler but I'm pretty sure I can have a crack at the trifecta at this stage (in no particular order).

Justin Bieber

Nice last line C4 :P. I bet you it's a ploy by Pyro to distract me :P.

CrowsFan

Wow who is going to win? The suspense is killing me!!