Main Menu

Who's everyone tipping for the big race?

Started by BGK, October 31, 2011, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

Quote from: BratPack on October 31, 2011, 08:37:55 PM
Williams lost his appeal by the way.

So Dunaden is flowered too  :P

I know, I'm a little pissed about it. I has Dunaden picked from the moment it won the Geelong cup. I've written both French horses off now.

BGK

Quote from: Dudge on October 31, 2011, 08:41:41 PM
I reckon Bart ( 12 ) Cummings , looked quitetly confident about his chance ILLO about a week ago. Then he comes out today and  does a bit of a backturn. I don't know if he's playing with my head' but i may put  a small wager on him just in case. Personly i think last years winner will be hard to beat. Maybe a quinella?

I really like Illo, never doubt the king of the cup. I don't know if Americain can carry the 58kg for the two miles.

pyronerd

Quote from: bestguykai on October 31, 2011, 08:42:25 PM
Quote from: BratPack on October 31, 2011, 08:37:55 PM
Williams lost his appeal by the way.

So Dunaden is flowered too  :P

I know, I'm a little pissed about it. I has Dunaden picked from the moment it won the Geelong cup. I've written both French horses off now.
I heard that Williams' suspension was suspended :-X :P

EDIT: dw I found that he won't be riding in the cup after careful research (google :P)

PowerBug

Whoever is in Barrier 8, and/or is horse number 19. One of those guys will win. Trust me.

j959

i like relative outsiders Illo and Niwot ...

Niwot has come in from around $15 into $10 ...

pyronerd

Quote from: j959 on October 31, 2011, 09:22:46 PM
i like relative outsiders Illo and Niwot ...

Niwot has come in from around $15 into $10 ...
I have doubts about Niwot staying the 2 miles after watching the Lexus on Saturday, it looked gone with 150m to go, luckily for it  it had a big enough lead to still win, that and most of the other horses were gone not long after :P Surprisingly though, I saw today that it has won over 3200m before, maybe the jockey on Saturday pulled the whip a bit eariler then usual :-X

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on October 31, 2011, 09:08:42 PM
Whoever is in Barrier 8, and/or is horse number 19. One of those guys will win. Trust me.
I just checked then and if i had the numbers the other way around, i would have the same horse. ;D

So Barrier 8 is Drunken Sailor, and Horse 19 is Saptapadi: So one of those two will win. ;)

Barlow 21

My Betts:
$5 on Americain (Each-Way)
$5 on Niwot and Dunaden (Place)

PowerBug

Quote from: Barlow 21 on November 01, 2011, 10:22:11 AM
My Betts:
No offence Barlow, but those guys are the favourites to win the race, so you wouldn't really be getting a return would you.

And on Dunaden, did they get a replacement jockey for Williams??

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on November 01, 2011, 10:26:44 AM
My Betts:
No offence Barlow, but those guys are the favourites to win the race, so you wouldn't really be getting a return would you.

The Frenchman is his replacement

Barlow 21

Quote from: PowerBug on November 01, 2011, 10:26:44 AM
My Betts:

I got Niwot at $9.50 a few weeks ago for the place. :)

ossie85

I've got about $20 on 6 tickets for whoever I pull out of the sweep ;)

bomberboy0618

Justin Bieber

I'm a small better, $7 in total :P.

$1 to win on Niwot, Jukebox Jury, Manighar and Fox Hunt. Then 50c to place on some smokies such as Shamrocker and Drunken Sailor (as well as the above 4).

I rarely go for the favourite as there is little money to be made there :-X.

AFEV