Main Menu

Who's everyone tipping for the big race?

Started by BGK, October 31, 2011, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

What's your tip for tomorrows race? I like Illo, Lucas Cranach and Niwot. I might just have a sneaky trifecta on them.

BoredSaint

number 15. got no idea who it is but that was the first number that popped into my head.

wait there is a number 15 horse right? :P

BGK

Number 15 is Lost In The Moment. Solid horse, I don't know a lot about it.

Americain the favorite and the returning winner is jumping from barrier 15.

BratPack

Fox Hunt and Lost in the Moment under the "International Noone's talking about" rule

BGK

I actually think Fox Hunt is a good chance.

BoredSaint

Quote from: bestguykai on October 31, 2011, 07:39:35 PM

so wait. americain is from barrier 15 but not number 15?

if i had a trifecta i would take  Lost In The Moment, Americain and number 6 (1+5) ;)

nas

BGK

Quote from: BoredSaint on October 31, 2011, 07:45:22 PM
Quote from: bestguykai on October 31, 2011, 07:39:35 PM

so wait. americain is from barrier 15 but not number 15?

if i had a trifecta i would take  Lost In The Moment, Americain and number 6 (1+5) ;)

That would be Manighar. It's another horse I rate very well. It's a solid trifecta.

BGK

Quote from: naste on October 31, 2011, 07:48:35 PM
Read NIWOT backwards.

Its an interesting point that I hadn't noticed. Hopefully it does tomorrow.

BratPack

Niwot won't win....It has one fatal flaw. Dean Yendall...Yendall coming of course from the ancient Gailec language meaning "Bush Jockey for Life"

BGK

Quote from: BratPack on October 31, 2011, 07:53:35 PM
Niwot won't win....It has one fatal flaw. Dean Yendall...Yendall coming of course from the ancient Gailec language meaning "Bush Jockey for Life"

The form cannot be ignored even with Yendall on its back. Its gone through the same direction as Shocking in 2009 who won and Maluckyday who finished second, by winning the Lexus on Saturday.

BratPack

Quote from: bestguykai on October 31, 2011, 07:58:30 PM

The form cannot be ignored even with Yendall on its back. Its gone through the same direction as Shocking in 2009 who won and Maluckyday who finished second, by winning the Lexus on Saturday.

To which I'd counter "What did Moatize do in the cup when it won the Lexus?". The answer being: Run dead flowering last

BGK

Quote from: BratPack on October 31, 2011, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: bestguykai on October 31, 2011, 07:58:30 PM

To which I'd counter "What did Moatize do in the cup when it won the Lexus?". The answer being: Run dead flowering last

Yeah but the 3rd from Maybe better in 2006 and the win of Brew in 2000 suggest that the form is as reasonable as any to base your selections on. I feel I should point out that I actually don't care if it wins, just to finish in the top 3. Hahaha.

BratPack

Williams lost his appeal by the way.

So Dunaden is flowered too  :P

Dudge

I reckon Bart ( 12 ) Cummings , looked quitetly confident about his chance ILLO about a week ago. Then he comes out today and  does a bit of a backturn. I don't know if he's playing with my head' but i may put  a small wager on him just in case. Personly i think last years winner will be hard to beat. Maybe a quinella?