Boomz Draft #1

Started by Boomz, October 31, 2011, 03:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Original team:

DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Scotland, B. Goddard, G. Broughton, P. Hanley, B. Lake, J. Bruce (T. Bugg, A. Tomlinson)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, L. Shiels, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, J. Caddy (S. Clifton, D. Shiel)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, J. Giles (M. Bolger, S. McNamara)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, P. Ryder, J. Watts, J. Porplyzia (L. Mitchell, I. Folau)

Current team:

Def: Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Hanley, Waters, Morris (Blee, Bootsma)
Mid: Swan, Ablett, Mundy, Hayes, Barlow, Caddy (Kavanagh, Shiel)
Ruck: Kreuzer, Giles (Bolger, Downie)
Fwd: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, Cloke, Ryder, Watts, Walsh (Porplyzia, Rowe/Dickson)

elephants

Okay boomz here we go.

All I'd say is lake is not for me. One good season and 30+. yuck but it's your team ;)
Also I see Pearce Hanley as more of a supercoach type player.

Awesome midfield I love it.

Ruck division is interesting. I wouldn't be starting Giles as brogan will be GWS number 1 ruck. Solid elsewhere though

Very good forward line. Porps is more of a bench player for me due to his demented shoulders. It's more picking the right year with watts. He'll explode some time it's just about picking the right year.
Also folau? Really?

Overall good team. Maybe unstack you mids a bit and spread the dough around.

Could you have a look at my team? Thanks boomz good work.

Boomz

Quote from: elephants on October 31, 2011, 03:57:00 PM
Okay boomz here we go.

All I'd say is lake is not for me. One good season and 30+. yuck but it's your team ;)
Also I see Pearce Hanley as more of a supercoach type player.

Awesome midfield I love it.

Ruck division is interesting. I wouldn't be starting Giles as brogan will be GWS number 1 ruck. Solid elsewhere though

Very good forward line. Porps is more of a bench player for me due to his demented shoulders. It's more picking the right year with watts. He'll explode some time it's just about picking the right year.
Also folau? Really?

Overall good team. Maybe unstack you mids a bit and spread the dough around.

Could you have a look at my team? Thanks boomz good work.

Lake isn't for me either but at that price he's in for now but if someone around that price stands out to me in the pre-season he'll be gone  :-X I think Hanley will keep improving.

Disagree. Brogan won't play more than 10-15 games... Giles is ready to lead the ruck & should score alright from what I've seen of him.

Probably right about Porps. Having seen Folau play I think he will go alright  :-X No comparison to Khunt.

Will look now  ;)

elephants

Great thanks boomz. That Giles as second ruck move could really pay off!!

DT Gun

DEF: B. Gibbs, H. Scotland, B. Goddard, G. Broughton, P. Hanley, B. Lake, J. Bruce (T. Bugg, A. Tomlinson)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, L. Shiels, L. Hayes, M. Barlow, J. Caddy (S. Clifton, D. Shiel)
FWD: S. Johnson, L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, T. Cloke, P. Ryder, J. Watts, J. Porplyzia (L. Mitchell, I. Folau)

Broughton has an uncertain role. Hanley WTF? Shiels broke out but i wouldnt have him in my final 6 mids. Caddy is an expensive 200k rookie? not worth it. Worst ruck devision in the southern hemisphere, i honestly dont think it could get worse.. Never buy stevie J at top price, he is inconsistant and will always plummet. Ryder? NO. Watts is risky but i dont mind that pick, people have been picking him for a while with slow progress tho.

Voldemort

Quote from: DT Gun on November 15, 2011, 03:55:34 AM

Broughton has an uncertain role. Hanley WTF? Shiels broke out but i wouldnt have him in my final 6 mids. Caddy is an expensive 200k rookie? not worth it. Worst ruck devision in the southern hemisphere, i honestly dont think it could get worse.. Never buy stevie J at top price, he is inconsistant and will always plummet. Ryder? NO. Watts is risky but i dont mind that pick, people have been picking him for a while with slow progress tho.

pessimistic much?  ;)

Some of them are quite unique Boomz, and if they pay off, we'll all be showering our pants  8)

DT Gun

i think thats a fair analysis. If i had my team rated id want the critics to be as harsh as hell so i can be better, not sugar coat it

Ziplock

Honestly, Broughton is underpriced, and at the age to break out- as well as the possibility of receiving a new role under a new coach. I don't know enough about Hanley to judge. I actually agree with Shiels- he could improve, but it's not likely considering his youth. Give him a couple more seasons.

Caddy is an expensive rookie, but also a top 10 draft pick, who's underpriced due to his comeback game being green vested- we have far more of an idea about his scoring potential than we do about players like conilgo and wingard. So far enough imo. I wouldn't say it's the worst ruck division- it's a bargain ruck division. Giles showed a fair amount in NAB last year, and another year older can only be good for a ruckman. Kreuzer, I know you disagree, but is primed to break out as well in an improving Carlton team with a full pre-season under belt. I agree Stevie J is over priced, in an aging Geelong team.

Ryder I disagree with. If you look at the second half of his season, his scores lifted a lot, when it appeared essendon figured how to use him- his dpp gives a link with kreuz to avoid the multibyes (I presume anyway, I don't have the draw memorised). I see him as a valid pick.

also agree with your watts comment.

It's fine to be harsh dude, but if you don't at least give them props for certain picks that you agree with, you're really going to set people's teeth on edge. Bad timing to do that just as monty implemented a karma system :P

FisherSaints

No wonder you have 12 boos 0 cheers, at least I have some cheers

Ziplock

lol fish, don't be petty like that :P

Voldemort

Quote from: FisherSaints on November 15, 2011, 05:42:38 PM
No wonder you have 12 boos 0 cheers, at least I have some cheers

hahaha nice fish, i'll give you a cheer just for that  ;)

j959

Quote from: Boomz on October 31, 2011, 03:47:05 PM

CASH LEFT: $45,900

Thoughts?
yo Boomz-miester ...

Def: i'd be worried about Scotland at top-dollar and his age. Broughts, like LE i'm gonna be waiting to see what the 'Lyon-factor' is ... Hanley i agree is worth watching (DTGun disagree with you totally on that issue). Lake i don't think is gonna be worth the risk ...

Mids: all cool ... just depends on Lenny/Micky B's pricing ...

Rucks: i'm of the at least one premo set-and-forget ruck so i would have Krueze as me no2 ...

Fwd: just not sure on Stevie J & Cloke at top dollar. agree with Folau as a solid benchie in different role to KHunt ...

7.5 - but i am harsh ...

good luck mate!  :)

Doyle

Quote from: Boomz on October 31, 2011, 03:47:05 PM

CASH LEFT: $45,900

Thoughts?

An all-round unique team is a good way to describe it  ;)

Backs- Gibbs and GOD, the usuals in most teams. Scotland and Gibbs, the bye could hurt. I'm not much of a Broughton fan but that's just me  ::) Hanley, unique, could up his game, hopefully for you. I'm not going to trust Lake because he's only had one stellar season and now he's old.

Mids- Swan, Ablett, again the usual super players whose names are in just about every team. Shiels is an interesting one, current he's at top dollar, I would wait and then get him. Hayes, Barlow, under-priced- understandable.

Rucks- You might lose out a few points here as Kreuzer shares ruck duties with Warnock and Giles is only a rookie (mature).

Fwds- The first four are all super stars who will score heavily. Ryder is an interesting one, he hasn't had the greatest of years this year (thankfully I steered clear of him  8)) but he could be a new man next year. Watts is also an interesting choice. 

All in all, a very unique team full of players who are on the verge of poping into super-stardom.

a 7.9/10  ;)

Holz

I personally like broughton, if they can keep injury clear i think he will playing the free man role. Hanley could go bang this season im also looking at him.

Not keen on kruezer but seriously considering giles as my second ruck. They apssed on longer which means they are confident with giles. Im thinking going even weaker than Boomz rucks and going Hmac and Giles. Not sure on who the true top rucks are with guys like cox, sandi, burger, mummy, mcevoy, goldy all possible.

A cheap ruck means you can stack a certain postion, personally i dont see much value in the backs, so i may spend the cash  to go
Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Grimes,  Hartlett, Broughton, Mohr (Bruce, Sierowski)

loving the team Boomz, also im a fan of folua, people will avoid him because of hunt.

Great looking mid im thinking something reasonably simular

Ablett is a must have, barlow and hayes underpriced guns, swan is a gun, not too keen on shiels, but i like caddy and you would be stupid to miss out on shiel.

Boomz

Cheers for the feedback guys. Messing around with the fanplanner right now.