Trent West an option now that Ottens retired?

Started by 4820, October 31, 2011, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottens retired, West a good SC Option?

Yes
26 (61.9%)
No
5 (11.9%)
Maybe
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Brad Ottens has retired. West now likely to be the number 1 ruck (infront of Vardy, Simpson). He would be fairly cheap I would imagine. Godd choice for second ruck ?. Thoughts...

Torpedo10

I think that would be very interesting. defintly going to consider it. 4820 you should make a vote. i wonder what the result would be  ???

AFEV

Wouldn't be a bad idea.
I tend to like my set and forget rucks, but if he has a god pre-season I'll definitely play around with it a little bit.

roo boys!

Yeah I would really consider him. Also, Hawkins will spend a LOT more time in the rucks now you would think :-\

Torpedo10

RB Hawkins will probably stay in the forward line at centre-half forward and play a role simmilar to the 2011 GF.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Sid on October 31, 2011, 02:24:35 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea.
I tend to like my set and forget rucks, but if he has a god pre-season I'll definitely play around with it a little bit.
So do I normally but feel a need to change :P.

I was on West as soon as the fanplanner was out ::). West I was hoping would stay my Unique and play second fiddle to Ottens. Now as Ottens is out of the way, watch the people jump on him :'(.

charliesheen

Trest West $243,800   :O

Isn't Vardy having surgery as well, so might have delayed preseason?

Torpedo10

Don't worry HP everyone will jump on (Including me) and he might play rubbish. We just have to watch him during the pre-season.

Fenno

Vardy is ahead of him imo. Only reason he was playing at the end of last year was because Vardy was out injured he will be over that injury come round 1 next year and will probably be bigger and better again.

Torpedo10

Not sure about that Fenno. I think West will get a fair amount of games.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fenno on October 31, 2011, 05:13:56 PM
Vardy is ahead of him imo. Only reason he was playing at the end of last year was because Vardy was out injured he will be over that injury come round 1 next year and will probably be bigger and better again.
Yeah, the thing that worried me if Ottens stayed on the list. Wouldn't be suprised if Cats used Vardy + West combo though, that could solve their ruck problems in the Long term.

West only got in after his injury like Fenno said, but probably did enough to warrant a place to start next season (if injuries allow him to).

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 31, 2011, 05:00:53 PM
Don't worry HP everyone will jump on (Including me) and he might play rubbish. We just have to watch him during the pre-season.
Quote from: charliesheen on October 31, 2011, 04:57:22 PM
Trest West $243,800   :O
At that price, he'd be awfully tempting as a Second ruck position. Or if you're me, 1st ruck :-X.

charliesheen

Just looking at the estimated prices, how come T.West has a 40% discount and I.Maric has a 20% discount?

If both get 40% discount, I'm gonna definitely consider both.

meow meow

MINNO

Roughead still isn't ready to be number 1 ruck.

Ringo