Previous topic - Next topic

pavs nose

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 01, 2011, 12:54:03 AM
We Warned you Pavs Nose. We Warned You.

haha cheers torp. but i still maintain i'll pick him*

*Denotes that he must have a blinder of a pre season  :D

Holz

Quote from: pavs nose on November 01, 2011, 12:52:25 AM
i disgaree with most. i'm locking this cow in. the backs were useless as a whole last year so i thinks it's a risk worth taking at that price. even if he averages 75 it won't be a disaster......especially as he could win you league matches with potential junk scores of 150++

or you could risk it on a guy like Grimes or waters.

Deledio, Goddard and Gibbs should all be locks
if you get 2 of Grimes, Waters, Hartlett
than i would rather get 2 rookies with my last picks.

Torpedo10

Holzman you should only get one out of those three.All of them are injury prone.

pavs nose

Quote from: Holzman on November 01, 2011, 12:58:20 AM
i disgaree with most. i'm locking this cow in. the backs were useless as a whole last year so i thinks it's a risk worth taking at that price. even if he averages 75 it won't be a disaster......especially as he could win you league matches with potential junk scores of 150++

don't think i would consider grimes or waters as they seems to get injured from year to year, especially grimes. lake, he's been on the park pretty consistently prior to last year. it will also depend on the style of back line game in regards to how lake goes. hopefully cheap mark kicks return for guys like lake to be effective dt scorers.

Holz

Quote from: pavs nose on November 01, 2011, 01:02:26 AM
Quote from: Holzman on November 01, 2011, 12:58:20 AM

don't think i would consider grimes or waters as they seems to get injured from year to year, especially grimes. lake, he's been on the park pretty consistently prior to last year. it will also depend on the style of back line game in regards to how lake goes. hopefully cheap mark kicks return for guys like lake to be effective dt scorers.

For me im looking at Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw, Grimes, Hartlett, Rookie thats 4 premiums and 2 players who could become premium. If hartlett isnt a back i might consider him but i think there is quite alot of value in the backs and there does appear to be some true premiums now.

Plus i dont think the backs were useless this year guys like Gibbs, Scotland, Deledio, Heppel were good all season and even goddard was ok. Suckling and adcock were helpful to alot of teams. As you saw this year rookies were posting good enough scores that guys averaging 75 arent very good.  You really want guys who will average 85+ or go for rookies if you dont think they will.

Torpedo10

I think Waters will be a good pickup for 2012. Might be a bit of a unique.

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 01, 2011, 01:01:20 AM
Holzman you should only get one out of those three.All of them are injury prone.

if you want to do well you need to take risks last year i started with malcheski, waters and kennely everyone told me the same thing bit it ended up being the main reason i ranked soo high. I think hartlett and grimes are educated risks if they play they will likely give you 180 everyweek and if they get injured they will hopefully have gone up in value so you can get a premium. The only risk is if they go down with injury really early on in the season.

Torpedo10

Your right Holz. I might consider the other 2 now. DT is a risky game   ;)

pavs nose

still going lake. as we all agree its a risky game. will be interesting to see how things pan out anyway

Torpedo10

But pavs nose he is also getting older. If your 30 coming off a bad year not sure theirs much chance of him doing well.

Voldemort

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 01, 2011, 10:37:17 AM
But pavs nose he is also getting older. If your 30 coming off a bad year not sure theirs much chance of him doing well.

already said this mate

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 31, 2011, 08:58:41 PM
Brian Lake will not have a good season in 2012. He is to old and injuries are getting hold of him. If you get him you better be prepared to use 2 trades at the end of the season. You are better to get a high draft pick and save 60 or 70k.

just racking up the posts?  ;)

truBLUE

+1 VOLD same here   ::)

PowerBug

lol, that post when skimmed over sounds like you're saying that pav's nose is getting older. Haha

Quote from: truBLUE on November 01, 2011, 12:02:48 PM
Trust me guys, all three of you, just racking up the posts like this looks good for you, but hilarious for everyone else when you are given rubbish awards at the end of every year:
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44197.0.html
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44171.0.html
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44233.0.html
Just three of the four awards i won :)

Torpedo10

i just agree with what your saying. I'm saying how i feel about it.   :)

Voldemort

Quote from: PowerBug on November 01, 2011, 12:10:11 PM
lol, that post when skimmed over sounds like you're saying that pav's nose is getting older. Haha

Quote from: truBLUE on November 01, 2011, 12:02:48 PM
Trust me guys, all three of you, just racking up the posts like this looks good for you, but hilarious for everyone else when you are given rubbish awards at the end of every year:
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44197.0.html
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44171.0.html
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44233.0.html
Just three of the four awards i won :)

my posts are great PB, just because you are jealous  ::)