Brian Lake Calf Strain

Started by nostradamus, October 31, 2011, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 01, 2011, 10:37:17 AM
But pavs nose he is also getting older. If your 30 coming off a bad year not sure theirs much chance of him doing well.
love it when someone gets written off

the word at the end of 2010 - "Dean Cox will never get back to his best"

Torpedo10

but browny one of the reasons Cox did so well is because WCE have had a good year(which is good).

Ziplock

no, one of the reasons WCE did so well was because Cox had a good year.

Dont get them mixed around.

Torpedo10

Quote from: browny_wce on November 01, 2011, 06:35:14 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 01, 2011, 10:37:17 AM
But pavs nose he is also getting older. If your 30 coming off a bad year not sure theirs much chance of him doing well.
love it when someone gets written off

the word at the end of 2010 - "Dean Cox will never get back to his best"
I guess your right Zip but Lake isn't like Cox browny. Cox is a Premiership ruck and is better than Lake who has had one good DT season. Just be prepared that he could( and it is more than 50-50 that he will) Mess up your strategies for the season. 

Ziplock

I'm keeping my eye on him. Premiums (even for only one year) have been known  to have down years and bounce back. Case and point- Leon Davis

identical situation to lake (only difference being the relative team strength), same age, only had one good season under his bealt (09), personally I had him in my team pre-season, but dropped him due to ff pressure (it was only my first year of serious dting, so I was a little weak when it came to being guided by the community), you could have picked him up after averaging 64, and had him finish averaging nearly 85. Worth while as a mid-pricer imo, and Lake's potential, based on last season, is higher than Leons... + he has a way lower price due to lower average + (discount?).

I'm tempted to lock and load. Obviously monitor pre-season, but really, what do you have to lose?

Torress

DT i wouldn't bother but i have only done one DT and that was years ago! don't rate the game sorry lads!!
if he is up and about he will more than likely be in my SC team, but i would look elswhere for DT

LaHug

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2011, 08:44:55 PM
no, one of the reasons WCE did so well was because Cox had a good year.

Dont get them mixed around.
Truest thing I've heard in a while.

Still, don't start with old people unless they're cheap because of an injury. If they've lost it (like Lake has), you can't count them out entirely but I wouldn't say they're worth starting with; look for them as an upgrade?

Then again, I started with Cox this year...

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Torress on November 02, 2011, 01:01:36 PM
DT i wouldn't bother but i have only done one DT and that was years ago! don't rate the game sorry lads!!
if he is up and about he will more than likely be in my SC team, but i would look elswhere for DT

So you obviously prefer the scoring setup of SC, cant say i don't agree with you on that but I do both? Do any of the other formats of fantasy football listed on this site appeal ?

pavs nose

valkorum

pavs nose

TheMailman

Players miss training sessions all the time due to knocks and bumps

I wouldn't really worry about it

PurpleArmy

Heard reports from the Dreamteamtalk.com website that Lake has strained his calf....Wasnt going to be in my team anyway but i know a lot of people will be put off by this news especially with his age too

http://twitter.com/#!/WarnieDT/statuses/158797819925368832
http://twitter.com/#!/tbetta9/status/158787939898372096

simma1978

PurpleArmy

I never said it was seious, i heard about a calf strain which is why im discussing it with everyone incase they have heard anything else. It actually is true (says it in the article you posted) but was last week and was so minor it wasnt even serious enough to be graded