Zeus's team Check it out boys!

Started by zeus123456, October 31, 2011, 01:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeus123456

Hey guys Zeus here, hope you enjoy my first fanplanner team :)

Dks Dominaters team

Backs: Bryce Gibbs, Brendan Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Brian Lake, Matthew Buntine, Sam Docherty
Billie Smedts Will Sierakowski

Midfield: Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett, Tom Rockliff, Josh Caddy/Kane Lucas, Tom Mitchell
Mitchell Grigg Dylan Shiels

Ruckman: Matthew Leuenberger, Hamish Mcintosh
Jonathon Giles Jarrad Redden

Forwards: David Zaharakis, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Matthew Kruezer, Will Hoskin Elliott, Anthony Morabito
Ahmed Saad Jason Porplyzia

Ziplock

ok, most of it seems solid
backline: Gibbs, Goddard, Lids will all be pretty common picks. Lake is worth a shot, esp. if he shows decent pre season, based purely on cheapness. Birchall wont find many teams I think, but should still be a solid scorer. Then rookies. So you've gone 3/4 guns, one super undervalued gun and 2 rooks- standard set up

midfield: Has some pretty big hitting names, with swanny, pendles and ablett boasting the (3 highest?) averages of 2011. Lock and Load. Rockliff had a stellar season, if he performs at that level again, you'd be happy. If he performs better, you'd be ecstatic. Caddy will slot into a couple of teams- underpriced due to discount, and sub affected score. Makes sense. Kane Lucas would be more unique, but his JS isn't as good. Then Mitchell will feature in a lot of teams- looks like a beast. So 4 guns, 1 mid pricer and a rookie starting, pretty standard. Decent set up.

Rucks: Leun and Hmac will be a pretty common team imo. Giles and Redden will make up a lot of benches.

Fwds: Franklin and cloke are no brainers. Morabito will feature in a lot of teams based on cheapness. Fyfe, if he maintains his 2011 form is well worth it. Kreuzer, you're betting that he's going to lift his game to a premium level... likely for a first draft pick.

Zaha is my only concern honestly in your team, it's most a generic team, some interesting picks, few risks, so I guess you could pick Zaha as a risk.

Honestly, I just dont see him upping his avg, unless he starts getting a ridiculous amount of mid time. And at his current level, he's not really a premo fwd. His first break out year was this year, and, while I could be wrong, I doubt next year will be another break out year for him. look at past stats, some of the highest averaging fwds this year were as follows
goods, stevie J, cloke, fyfe, ROK, chapman, Buddy, Pav
I may have missed one, but it wasnt itnentional and probably doesnt matter. Anyway, for the purposes of this discussion you can remove fyfe and cloke, since it was their first break out year, so they dont really factor into this equation. Now look at the rest (BOY stands for breakout year)

Name        First BOY/avg      Next year/avg      Next BOY/avg
Goodes              03/90                04/61                06/ 96
stevie J             07/95                  08/92                09/99
Okeefe              06/90                07/83                  09/96
Chapman            06/101            07/102                09/112
Franklin              08/96.4            09/80.7              10/99.4
Pavlich               05/91.1            06/90.8              07/102

look at that. Every single one of those guys, none of them had a true break out year straight after their first. Infact, chappy was the only one to even increase his average, and that was only by one point. Based on those numbers, it seems pretty clear to me that it's unlikely Zaha will break out into premo status next year. Maybe 2013.

elephants

Okay here we go.

Backs - Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio all Guns. Birchall for a touch of premium uniqueness I like it. Lake I'm nit sold on. For 220k I feel you may as well save the 100k and bring in a rookie. Just me though. Pretty stock standard rookies that will hopefully perform. Overall nothing wrong other than lake IMO.

Mids - very very solid. Swan and Gazz are champions and Rockliffe and pendles arguably still have time to improve!! I'd take caddy over Lucas as I don't think (happy to be corrected) anyone has left Carlton for a spot for Lucas to be created. Mitchell is a bargain for Sydney so good pick up. Only thing I'd say is lack of mpp ( multi position players ) other than that great line!

Rucks - A popular combo there. Not entirely sold on hmac myself but I see the value in him. Petrie was awesome last year and will probably be restricted to a permanent FF now. Hmac and goldy will share the ruck duties but I'd expect goldy to do the bulk of the load ad hmac has had a long injury layoff. Standard ruck back up. Good effort.

Forwards - Again looks very good. My only gripe would be zaharakis. He's burnt me before so maybe I'm not the one to ask but I don't see him breaking out yet. Zippy has given you some great stats above so definitely take then into account as he knows what he's talking about. :)

Overall good team. Just the lack of mpp and the presence of lake and zaharakis worry me. Other than that it looks all good. :)

zeus123456

Thanks the both of you Ziplock and LE. Zip those stats for Zaha made me think real hard thanks for that! LE thanks for the feedback aswell much appreciated, I'm thinking of swapping Lake for Armstrong for now, but will definately still look on how they both go at NAB preseason

elephants

Yeah Armstrong is a better option IMO. Proved that he's a reasonably good Dter with an average of 70 this year.

Devo_

Good job with this squad, there are some great picks here that should serve you well. For what it's worth, here are my comments:

Backs: I think this line is really good. Nice rookie selections, Sierakowski could be interesting, I wonder how/if North will play him. Did he do much for Box Hill this year? I have no problem with Lake, provided he brings it in pre-season. He's in my fanplanner on the assumption that he does.

Mids: Really good work here. I like the pick of Tom Mitchell because he has the potential to be a great scorer. I wonder what his chances are of getting a regular gig with Sydney in 2012 though. That is the only thing holding me back with him, otherwise he'd be in my fanplanner side too. Grigg and Shiel are good picks. Prefer Caddy over Lucas.

Rucks: Strong picks in isolation, but all 4 of your rucks have the round 11 bye. If you're worried about the byes, then look at changing one of your premiums and/or look at a R/F to link up with Kreuzer.

Forwards: Also a good line overall. Kreuzer has potential value. Morabito is cheap, but I question whether he will score enough. Never a big ball winner, even at WAFL level, and averaged only 56 in his rookie year, which included a lot of 30s and 40s (12 scores under 55 in total). You could pick a rookie instead who will cost $50-60k less and give you roughly the same production.

I hope this has been helpful :D

zeus123456

Thanks Devo with the good feedback. I changed my team abit and I will post it later tonight :)