Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Thanks again CS
Will probably do Smith to Zorko and Porps to Zaha this week.  Leaving me $25k and 13 trades.
Next week Paine to Darley.

charliesheen

I probably would have done the same trade.  Hopefully Sexton doesn't get subbed this week.

Ringo

This weeks score 2189 and won 4/5 Leagues
Weekly Rating 9008
Overall Rating 15251 up 6000 (Slowly clawing way back up after my Round 6 disaster of 1870 SC Points)

Trades done for Round 9 Smith to Zorko , Porps to Zaha leaving 13 trades and $25k
Round 9 Team
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Morris, L.Spurr(J Paine, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr.  S Pendlebury (C) Selwood, N Dal Santo, K Horsely, (T Magner,(E) J McDonald )
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S Sidebottom,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, D Zaharakis A Treloar, (A Hall, D Zorko (E)) Yeh left Zorko on bench.

Stars this week Hanley, Sidebottom, Dal Santo, Treloar,and finally Martin realising on promise with 119
Acceptable Pendles, Ablett (although some may say scores slack) Delidio, Goddard,Selwood, Horsely, Giles, Harvey and Zaha. Morris and Ellis probably more acceptable than disappointment.
Disappointments; Geary again,(Got to get him out eventually) Rockliff, Jacobs, Franklin, Dangerfield

This week
Finally get rid of Paine to Darley.
What should next trade be do I get Sexton for Treloar, Sets up Round 11 byes nicely.
Do I downgrade Ellis/Morris for Bootsma and cash.
Or only one trade and suck the byes as they come.
Yeo looks good and hopefully will stay in Brisbane's Team and will offer a downgrade Target in Round 12 when on the Bubble.
Decisions! Decisions!

Jay

GDAY ringo!

i am a fan of your team mate! nice and unique :P obviously geary has to go ASAP....but then again i like the Paine-->Darley trade.  wouldnt touch Bootsma with a 10-foot.pole mate...very average job security. so if u did want to trade out a back after you traded out Paine then definitely upgrade. Have you considered Sexton >Hall/Magner???

good luck :)

charliesheen

J.Paine > Darley, especially if Kennedy is dropped.

You can afford to wait 1 week on Sexton, with price increases from McD and Treloar likely to come.

Knowall

If Geary is going to miss games you have to get him out, if hes playing this week youll probally have to keep him till after round 12, as St Kilda has the last bye.

id go Paine to Darley, magner to sexton.  Not really sold on Sexton's JS though, maybe leave this one.

With this cash would look at upgrading Morris to a round 11 defender in the next week.

Ringo

Just heard that Keefes leg injury is season ending is it worth hanging on to Paine if named and go Morris to Darley instead and Geary to Prem if enough cash or just hold.  Obviously wait for team announcements.
Will probably only do Paine to Darley if he is not named.

charliesheen

Quote from: Ringo on May 28, 2012, 07:56:43 PM
Just heard that Keefes leg injury is season ending is it worth hanging on to Paine if named and go Morris to Darley instead and Geary to Prem if enough cash or just hold.  Obviously wait for team announcements.

Yeah thats good trade idea.

felsty

Keefes injury is Nathan Brown or Chris Tarrants gain, not Paines. Both should be close to right for this weekends game, so Paine shouldn't really be seen as a possible inclusion. The two trades I would be making would be Paine down to Darley, and then trying to upgrade Geary ASAP, best case scenario to Waters. What can you afford?

ossie85

Quote from: felsty on May 29, 2012, 09:47:33 AM

Keefes injury is Nathan Brown or Chris Tarrants gain, not Paines. Both should be close to right for this weekends game, so Paine shouldn't really be seen as a possible inclusion. The two trades I would be making would be Paine down to Darley, and then trying to upgrade Geary ASAP, best case scenario to Waters. What can you afford?

Ben Reid should be back in Round 11 or after the bye also.

Keeffe, as pleased as I am with his progress, was a clear 4th behind Brown, Reid and Taz and is not in the Pies best 22 yet. All 3 won't play in the backline, but could play in the same team with Taz up forward.

Ringo

Teams announced so I will stick with one trade Paine to Darley.
Geary to bench leaving no emergencies (Spurr is other emergency). With only 310K to spend nothing stands out.  Looked at Patful at $282k with low b/e and wondered but then decided to just keep my 12 trades. Also thought of Geary to Bootsma for extra cash. Just need him to play a couple more games. Other suggestions welcome.

Jay

Paine > Darley is good...doesnt help in the $$$ department though, which is what you need to get a replacement for Geary who imo has to go...wouldnt get Bootsma, wont play many games, would leave you with a bench of Bootsma & Spurr, that could end very badly! I dont know much about Patfull apart from the fact he is worth more than 282k, could be a bargain if he averages enough to be your D7. Your the Brisbane man...work out what you think he will average, if he qualifies for D7 then could be a decent trade. Although no matter how you look at it, wont be much better scoring wise than Geary and with trades winding down, is it worth it? Probably not! So in conclusion,.i.dont see how I can help you mate. Sorry

good luck :)

charliesheen

Geary what a piece of shower.  Probably my fault you kept him.

Nothing you can really do I guess.

Ringo

Quote from: charliesheen on June 01, 2012, 03:29:41 PM
Geary what a piece of shower.  Probably my fault you kept him.

Nothing you can really do I guess.
No Charlie can not blame yourself.  Actually though of trading him when he hit $320k and then thought him a keeper for a while.  Seriously though and possibly a waste of trade but would Patfull be more reliable I am looking through Maroon, Blue and Gold eyes though.

charliesheen