Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Thanks CS - Also considering Selwood V Brisbane has an average of 125 against us.

charliesheen

Tbh, haven't really looked at the stats much this week but I think giving Buddy captaincy will bring you to tears.

Just a warning.

GoldDigger

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 12:34:02 AM
Thanks CS - Also considering Selwood V Brisbane has an average of 125 against us.

Watch out for the Raines tag ...

charliesheen

If Raines injures Selwood I am going to hunt him down.

GoldDigger

Ringo

Raines tagged Ablett differently and other coaches may look at this. He let Ablett get the ball then pounced to minimise his distribution.  Was interesting watching the tactics especially in the third quarter when they were trying to position Hunt between Raines and Ablett.

Round 5 Team: pending no late outs but will only effect subs as good cover
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, B. Ellis, T Bugg (J Paine, S Morris (E))
MID: T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, N Dal Santo, D Shiels, T Magner,J McDonald (A Treloar (E) G. Ablett jnr)
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes,  B Harvey, (C) D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia, A Kennedy,  (A Hall, D Smith,(E)  )
Cash left $46,500  Trades left 19
Comments on Captain selections Went with Harvey on the basis he scored 155 against GC last year following 2 disappointing performance against Sydney and Adelaide. Gold caost also without their midfield stars Ablett, Riska and Swallow.  Vice on Goddard whose last 3 games against Melbourne have been 127, 135, 124.

Ringo

Round 5 Like most Shower of a Round - Porps withdrawal cost me a donut as I had both Hall and Kennedy as emergencies and they did not play coupled with Smiths 17 as sub.

Round 5 Score 2012 Weekly Rating 42,685 Overall Rating 6550 (Down 203 for week)

Stars: Delidio, Rockliff, Jacobs, Rookies Giles and Bugg, with martin and Dangerfield finally finding some form.
Acceptable Broughton, Selwood, Dalsanto,
Disappointments: Geary, Harvey as Captain!!; Franklin.

Decisions for this week:
Captain - Obviously Ablett if back but if not do I follow heart and head this week and go Rocky v Essendon, Selwood v Melbourne (will probably cop Magner tag); Goddard or Dalsanto v Hawks. Will not put C on Harvey again and with SC luck may pull out 140 plus this week V Eagles.

Wait till teams named but at this stage do not think I will be trading this week.
Is it time to cash in Devon Smith or wait one week. (B/E 58 which he should achieve if not sub)

GoldDigger

Probs wait 1,Ringo. No rain (remember Woodstock?) should let the Bombers loose, so consider a Stanton / Watson for "C"... if you had 'em!

charliesheen

Pretty confident Ablett won't be back.  Selwood vs Melbourne is no brainer.  Though Boomer spudded it up badly vs GCS.  Still deciding whether I will take punt on Pfieffer...

Don't think you really need to do much with <50k in bank.

GoldDigger

Hard to disagree on Selwood. Probs Ringo posted pre the "got off" knowledge, CS.

As for "Michelle" P. - JS and no vest status is crucial. What's yer opinion?

Sorry to hijack thread, Ringo ...

Ringo

Quote from: charliesheen on April 30, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
Pretty confident Ablett won't be back.  Selwood vs Melbourne is no brainer.  Though Boomer spudded it up badly vs GCS.  Still deciding whether I will take punt on Pfieffer...

Don't think you really need to do much with <50k in bank.
Thanks CS  got cover for Ablett anyway,  Starting to look at what trades need to do over the next 5/6 weeks to minimise byes effect

charliesheen

Quote from: GoldDigger on April 30, 2012, 11:47:01 PM
Hard to disagree on Selwood. Probs Ringo posted pre the "got off" knowledge, CS.

As for "Michelle" P. - JS and no vest status is crucial. What's yer opinion?

Sorry to hijack thread, Ringo ...

50/50 call.  Need him specifically for his bye and MPP, have enough round 11 rookies as it is.  Strongly considering taking him, and chancing my luck that he gets games at the "right" time.

charliesheen

Quote''At the time [of the Raines knock] he was a bit sick and sore. We have just got to take our time with him to make sure that he is right. By Friday we'll know and make a conservative decision.''

Maybe Selwood captain is a bad idea  ;D

Jay

Rocky could be a good captain option this week for you mate...im going murph myself vs GWS but yeah rocky should be good :)

i dont know about you but im enjoying having to choose a captain each week instead of leaving it on GAJ 8)

Ringo

Real problems after Round 6 Do nut with Selwood late withdrawal and big mistake with C on Rockliff and big disappointments from Dal Santo

Round 6 score 1860 Weekly Rating 183566 Overall Rating 25940 (Down 19k from last week).

What to do with this team looks good on paper but some issues with injuries and late withdrawals.
Round 6 Team:
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Morris, T Bugg (J Paine, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, (C) J. Selwood, N Dal Santo, D Shiels, T Magner,J McDonald (A Treloar (E) G. Ablett jnr)
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia,D Smith ,  (A Hall,A Kennedy ,(E)  )
Cash left $46,500  Trades left 19
Should have switched Treloar and Kennedy to avoid mid donut when rumours about Selwood emerged.

Questions what can be done with this team:
Who to upgrade. Have Geary, Porps, Kennedy and Magner reached ceilings
One trade that will probably be done is Kennedy to Horsely. Horsely will have the Round 13 bye and meets my strategy.