Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclopZ

Ringo - seriously mate. Team is really strong and i like it a lot.

Caddy is the big question mark for mine and im noticing a few teams taking a punt on him. He looks to have all the tools to have a good year so i dont mind the pick.

I like the Hanley unique - everyone has either Hargrave, Lake or Malceski in that spot.

Also love Rocky in the mids - he just continues to produce. I dont like McDonald but i understand why people are picking him. Just my opinion.

Cox is a gun but im interested to see if\how he is managed this year and this is the first year i have not picked him.... could burn me.

Your forward line is stacked... Overall your set for a good year.

8.5/10 and best of luck

Feel free to have a look at my team and add some feedback

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,52550.0.html

Jay

Ringo

Used most only $7,500 so all eggs in the team but options available by downgrading etc.

charliesheen

I think you have taken some of the strength out of the 3RR structure by going only 3 premium mids.  I actually had the same setup initially but I've gone back to 4-5.  I also think Caddy is much more suited to the DT game.

Personally I would try rejigg your team by, downgrading Shaw to 200-300k defender, downgrading Longer to Stephenson, downgrading Cox to 2nd best thing, and then upgrading Caddy to M4.

Saying that, think you should listen to your gut on this decision.

BTW, Who is Allen?

Ringo

Thanks again CS -

Jackson Allen from Gold Coast Suns - Was drafted by Suns as a priority Queensland Zone player prior to the National Draft. Was a standout for Morningside in the NEAFL and this is the comment that put him on my radar:
"One person highly impressed by Allen is AFL national talent manager Kevin Sheehan. After seeing Allen star for the Queensland under-18s against the Northern Territory earlier this year, Sheehan described his kicking as elite and already AFL standard."
He has a very penetrating right boot and was used by Suns as top up player last year in Reserves so also knows the game plan.
Also has the added Back/DPP which can be used in trade room this year.
Just to give you some info.  Being a Qlder maybe a little bit biased but this kid may be something in the future.

Do not know about you CS but this year when prices have been adjusted for th 30 players it is extremely hard to get a strong team on all lines. I am still not completely satisfied but best I can do with cap. 
Regarding Cox selected him because of the 1/3 Ruck structure and have not been really impressed by some of Ruck performances pre season.  Longer has gone to Stephenson Do you know much about Jenkins from Crows as a possible alternative.

charliesheen

imo, this is the year to grab a few more mid pricers, especially with the depth of the 200-300k range.

Jenkins is a solid player, but I don't expect him to be named.  Can't justify the extra 40k from Longer as discussed before.  Orren should get games.

Jay

Well for starters a real solid team! Congrats on finally finishing the pre-seasom of supercoach ;)

Backs: perfect...i hope the hanley unique works out for you! But you know a heck of a lot about the lions so i trust you know a bit about him ;) only blemish is j.allen, look elsewhere mate (mohr townsend smedts)! A 9.5 for this line :)

Mids: very good...i think ive said it before, but if your going with the 3-3 strategy (which is the best option) i think you need superstar premiums (e.g. I have ablett swan selwood). I jusy dont think rockliff is quite a super-premium at this stage. Very good none-the-less. Your rookie picks are flawless and caddy is a gun! A 9 for this line :)

Rucks: if confident with 1-3 structure then perfect! Another 9 :)

Fwds: faultless...not very unique but still a perfect line...your premium choices are great as long as your confident with danger...keep in mind buddy has a tough starting draw and might be able to snag him for a better price. Rookie picks are faultless! 9.5

An excellent team...im only nitpicking with my suggestions because i cant find much wrong with the team!

Good luck :)

meow meow

You've got the wrong Lion in the backline. 20 games @ 110 for JD

mpollock

Team is pretty much spot on!!

You have taken a hit with only 3 premiums in the mids and with the 3 rookie ruck approach.
But unlike most teams like this you have spent the extra cash perfectly.

9.5/10 mate.

Jay

Quote from: meow meow on March 25, 2012, 11:52:02 PM
You've got the wrong Lion in the backline. 20 games @ 110 for JD
hey meow...just take a look at this table for me and let me know what year he has played 20 games?

Past Supercoach Average Scores
Year   Games   Average
2005   14           85.8
2006   7           77.4
2007   11           113.4
2008   13            89.4
2009   19           95.9
2010   7           91.6
2011   7            75.7

Drummmond averages just over 11 games a season...that is why others dont have the same 'JD' mancrush as you...

Ringo

Just a couple of tweaks which may or may not work but have to risks to be unique.
Shaw > Golby
Cox > Berger
Caddy > Thompson

Gives me 4 prem mid but slightly weakens def.  But overall think this will be better structure and more SC points initially.

Meow Love Drummond too and if he stays healthy maybe my upgrade target

mpollock

I did a similar thing ... I reckon you need 4 premium mids to stay up there in the rankings early ... that is where all the points come from ... just have to hope you can nail Golby or similar ...

I am going for M.Clarke over Lake, Harg, Golby etc ... at his price i think he has as much upside and with less risk due to his price being a fair bit cheaper ... lake is around $285k whereas clarke is only $170ish.

This meant i could get Hale as my 5th forward .... who i much prefer over Porp's personally.

Ringo

Thanks CS - Read the story myself a few minutes ago.  Just concern with achilles injuries as they have a habit of hanging around so need to decide whether to jump now or wait and see.

charliesheen

imo, jacobs and mcevoy just as good options.  too many question marks with Leuy, especially with Hudson & preseason.