Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Will keep updating team on front page rather than start new threads:

Updated Team 8th January
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, N. Grima, B. Lake, M. Buntine, B. Ellis (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, K. Jack, J. McDonald( L. Brown  T. Couch)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Lobbe (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, D. Pfeiffer, A. Saad (A. Treloar, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $3,400

Updated Team 23rd January
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, J. Adcock, B. Lake, T. Mohr, S. Morris (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, A. Swallow, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (L. Brown, D. Zorko)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: M. Pavlich, D. Martin, L. Adams, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, A. Treloar, H. Crozier (M. Panos, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $4,900

Updated Team 10th February
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Murphy, B. Lake, T. Mohr, S. Morris (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, A. Swallow, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (L. Brown, D. Zorko)
RUC: Z. Smith, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: M. Pavlich, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, S. Sidebottom, J. Brown, A. Treloar, H. Crozier (S. Rowe, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $8,100

Updated Team 29th February
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Murphy, D. Heppell, B. Ellis, S. Darley (S. Morris, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, J. Caddy, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (D. Zorko, J. Magner)
RUC: Z. Smith, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, B. Harvey, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, D. Pfeiffer, T. Walsh (H. Crozier, A. Hall)

Final Team subject to Rookie changes as at 21st March
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G Broughton, J Adcock, B. Ellis, S. Darley (J.Allen, T Bugg)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, C. Smith,  S. Clifton, J. McDonald(H. Cunningham, J Magner)
RUC: D. Cox, J Reddan (J. Giles, B. Longer)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia, D Smith (T Dickson A Halll)

Round 6 Team
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Morris, T Bugg (J Paine, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, (C) J. Selwood, N Dal Santo, D Shiels, T Magner,J McDonald (A Treloar (E) G. Ablett jnr)
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia,D Smith ,  (A Hall,A Kennedy ,(E)  )

charliesheen

Lotta Brissie Lion players  8)

Both Patton & Izzy might be risky.

Bluesman

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM
Using Fan Planner at this point so only using players named.  One of my Rookies will probably become Zorko.

TEAM NAME: Circles Underdogs
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Puopolo, N. Malceski, R. Lester, J. Lisle, M. Buntine (S. Docherty, T. Hine)
MID: S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, A. Goodes, J. Selwood, J. Redden, J. Polec (B. Hill, W. Andreoli)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, B. Grundy)
FWD: N. Fyfe, J. Riewoldt, J. Brown, T. Cloke, J. Patton, A. Morabito, W. Hoskin-Elliott (I. Folau, J. Porplyzia)
CASH LEFT: $1,200

Please feel free to pull apart
Brad Hill can't play til 2013 i think....otherwise not too bad for a start :) Perhaps a little weak in the Backs- upgrade Puopolo/Malceski to a premium and downgrade Redden/Polec??

truBLUE

Great team Ringo  , redden a unique choice i like,  had pretty good averages in both DT-109.18 and S/C-102.86 ,he may go another step 2012 , was looking at same ruck combo ,Kreuzer going up fwd could be some good scores  :)

Ringo

Quote from: charliesheen on October 30, 2011, 07:28:09 PM
Lotta Brissie Lion players  8)

Both Patton & Izzy might be risky.
I realise that Charlie but team will probably change numerous times.  just thought some blokes coming back from injury may give some upside down the track. Brown, Lester, and Polec in this category.  Both Lester and Polec looked good prior to injury. Went with Redden and Leuie as I think there is further upside to their games this year.

I think Izzy may be OK as well given unlike Hunt has has 12 months in the game and he has been kicking goals for GWS.

Torpedo10

I would be a bit worried about Brown. He is aging and his aggressive style could hurt him again. Where is Rockliff or Swan? You need to include one of those guys if not both. Downgrade Polec to Tyson and upgrade Murphy to Rockliff. I would also downgrade Redden to Bartel and try to upgrade Cloke to Franklin. If you think you need to. Not 100% sure if you need to. Be wary of Kreuzer as he will play most of his time deep forward and could be injury-prone.

charliesheen

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 31, 2011, 09:13:50 PM
I would be a bit worried about Brown. He is aging and his aggressive style could hurt him again. Where is Rockliff or Swan? You need to include one of those guys if not both. Downgrade Polec to Tyson and upgrade Murphy to Rockliff. I would also downgrade Redden to Bartel and try to upgrade Cloke to Franklin. If you think you need to. Not 100% sure if you need to. Be wary of Kreuzer as he will play most of his time deep forward and could be injury-prone.

whats wrong with murphy :O.  carlton have an awesome schedule 2012.

Bartel's pure mid days are over.

Ringo

With the announcement on Otten's retirement will be seriously considering West ($243,800) as R2 rather than Kruezer. I know it worked for some last year but wary of having both Swan and Pendleberry.  I am hoping Redden will be a unique this year and do a Rockliff.  Redden averaged 102 in SC last year so not the worst.

charliesheen

Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2011, 09:42:34 PM
With the announcement on Otten's retirement will be seriously considering West as R2 rather than Kruezer. I know it worked for some last year but wary of having both Swan and Pendleberry.  I am hoping Redden will be a unique this year and do a Rockliff.  Redden averaged 102 in SC last year so not the worst.

I have been considering 1 premium ruck for some time, and rotating the 100k (Giles) & 250k (Maric, West) rucks, then upgrading after the byes. 

With the changes to the interchange rules and clearances becoming more important, rucks are having a bigger influence on games. 

In previous years, you did not have the luxury of being able to rotate underpriced rucks, and really only had the 'set and forget' options, but I think a lot has changed.

The problem, if you want Cox/Sandilands, you have to grab them early before their performances taper in the 2nd half of the season.

Ringo

Thanks again CS - will probably change 100 times but investigating now Luenberger, West, Maric plus rookie probably Giles as ruck combo. May look at Clark, Tippet, Petrie or Kruezer as R/F DPP as extra cover.

charliesheen

Imagine rotating

Hmac, West <Maric, Giles>

If you rotate them correctly, it could actually work.  That is a big IF though.

If I were to go for the 2 premium ruck set up right now, it would probably be Leuy & Goldstein.  Goldstein is probably at the right age, and I'm going to find it very hard to ignore him, even with Hmac in same side.  North also have a very desirable schedule.

Think Leuy is also being massively underated by non-BL supporters.

Torpedo10

There's nothing wrong with Murphy it's just Rockliff should have a better year and less people should pick him.

charliesheen

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 31, 2011, 10:05:44 PM
There's nothing wrong with Murphy it's just Rockliff should have a better year and less people should pick him.

fair enough.  just had a look at the multi-byes

QuoteRound 11: Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, North Melbourne, West Coast and the Western Bulldogs
Round 12: Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle, Essendon and Melbourne
Round 13: Carlton, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Richmond and St Kilda

That throws Leuy & Goldy out :(

Torpedo10

Your right about the multi  byes but I am going for league and It will probably be a bye round.

Samm79

Love the risk of Malceski and the uniqueness of Redden.

Malceski is a big maybe for me, wouldn't be surprised if he averaged 90 plus for the season but cannot get the idea out of my head  that he is going to get an LTI again... Redden is a great pick up and you'd like to think he can up the ante and average 110.

Goodes is a little over priced for mine and did sustain a minor knee injury late in the year. Even if he is on song he has the ability to pull a couple of low scores which will make him a steal mid season.

Both Murphy and Rockliff are guns, Murphy being so consistent over the past couple of years, both should be stars of 2012.

Like the team, should go well!