Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Owe you big time for that one Charlie. 

had not thought of the Zaha downgrade rather than downgrade to Shaw and then using Forward upgrades and move back..  Will do.

Who do you think is the better keeper on bench Morris or Ellis.  Morris is better at the moment stats wise, but Ellis may be just as good given that he has probably ridded himself of the vest.  Toss of the coin I think.

Not a fan of Cloke so is Walker a better proposition considering Adelaides soft draw for rest of season.

Will aslo have to look at Round 13 trades as only $263k after Trades.  Maybe another downgrade if need be one of the Rookie Rucks??

charliesheen

I don't really like Cloke either but some times you need to compromise due to trade situation.

IMO, ideally you want a forward line of Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Beams, Chappy, SJ, NRiewoldt, but sometimes you need to cut corners so you have extra trades to cover for LTI's.

I would keep Morris over Ellis for sure.

Ringo

With teams announced gone from 0 to 3 donuts 4 if Reddan does not play.

Only done 2 trades so far
Zaha to Sam Shaw
Magner to Priddis,

Is it worth doing Morris to Adcock or hold and wait for Carrazzo or Scotland a little later as their prices will come down.

Edit - Did a late trade Hall to Gibson so have $400k for upgrades next week but only 7 trades. 2 donuts only.

Ringo

Reasonable week scored 2035 with 3 donuts. Overall rating now 14051 up 6.5k

One trade only Morris/Ellis to Beams 6 trades left and 92K

Leaves my Round 13 Team as

DEF:M. Johnson, P Hanley, S Darley, S.Shaw, L.Spurr??, G Broughton, Morriss/ Ellis (B. Goddard, B. Deledio)
MID: T. Rockliff, , M Priddis,  J McDonald S Pendlebury, J Selwood, S Gibson (G. Ablett jnr, N Dal Santo)
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: B Harvey, , P. Dangerfield,  A Treloar, D Beams, D Zorko  S Sidebottom,  A Sexton (L. Franklin,  D. Martin)

Should I do another upgrade in backs, upgrade Treloar to Cloke or just sit with only 6 trades. Suggestions welcome. (Could go Stevie J rather than Beams for an extra $60k cash) Happy to sit and wait for Carrots to bottom out to upgrade either Ellis, Darley or Spurr.

charliesheen

Ya one fwd and one back upgrade.

So... 400k in bank right?

If you took Carrots in R14 whats the best fwd you can afford this round?

Also if you took Waters this round whats the best fwd you can afford this round?

Ringo

There are a couple of things in play.

Depending on who I trade

Scenario one
Trading Morris to Waters leaves me $242500
Means the forward upgrade moving Ellis forward and MJ back to defence makes my forward max value $421,900
Only forwards in that value worth considering are Cloke, Dalhaus, Whitecross and Adams.
Leaving MJ Forward and upgrading Treloar I can get any forward under $510k which adds Bennell, Rioli, Robinson, Pav, Walker, Petrie and J Roo to the list.

Scenario 2
Morris to Carrots Round 14
Then virtually same options as above with $486k forward limit using Ellis and if upgrading Treloar $574,200 which also brings Stevie J, Nick Roo, (Goodes and Zaha back from injury) into play.

Thank you for your time and suggestions CS
Liking Morris to Carrots
Treloar to Stevie J and leaving MJ Forward.
at the moment.
Still only one donut for Round 13 depending on Spurr,

charliesheen

Definitely want MJ to end back up in back line.  Going to lose a lot of points if not.

Zorko is basically F7 quasi premium.

charliesheen

Sorry one more thing.

How much cash is left over if you go Morris > Cloke?

Ringo

If I Do Morris > Waters
Ellis > Cloke
I will have $15k left

If I just do Morris to Cloke this week I will have $297k for back upgrade.
may be worth waiting till Round 15 to do the Ellis/Carrots upgrade.  Carrots has a b/e 150 and Ellis 25 so possible increase/decrease to save some cash.

Have had another look CS and this is very speculative but if I go Morris to Stevie J now and then look at Ellis to Carrotts in Round 15 based on current prices I am 60k short so basically if Ellis increased 30k and Carrots dropped $30k could do the trade in Round 15,

charliesheen

I would probably do something along lines of Walker/Cloke/Waters/Hurn permutations using Ellis & Morris.

Not sure how comfortable you are in using another downgrade in your trade situation, but that opens up more possibilities.

Cop Treloar on the chin.

Ringo

With strong rumours that Couch will be named this week what do you these trades CS and others
McDonald To Couch - Reopens DPP as added security
Ellis to Waters
Morris to Beams
if Couch not named then Crozier. leaving 4 trades and $40k
(other option is Ellis to Heath Shaw and Morris to Johnson not quote enough cash for both Beams and Shaw)

Leaves a completed team of
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio M. Johnson, B Waters ,P Hanley, G Broughton, S Darley, (S.Shaw, L.Spurr)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, N Dal Santo, T. Rockliff, , M Priddis,  S Pendlebury, J Selwood, (S Gibson, Couch/Crozier)
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin,  D. Martin; B Harvey, , P. Dangerfield, D Beams, D Zorko  S Sidebottom,  (A Sexton A Treloar)

Not my ideal team but the best that I can do with all the injury carnage. (2/3 trades below where i wanted to be which is why I am obligated to keep Pendles). D7 is worry but with Darley and Shaw can get reasonable coverage and ihopefully Spurr gets games which is doubtfull to help.

Happy to sit on 4 trades but appreciate advice f you can see 3 more favourable trades.

In 5 very strong leagues,  just outside the 8 on % in 2 and 13th, one win out the 8 in another ( In 2 playing 2nd and joint 8th this week so aiming to not fall too far behind)

charliesheen

I would make adjustments so you have enough money to go

Darley > Carrazzo in say ~2 more rounds.

Say Darley hits about 220k, you need another ~230K to make the upgrade without another downgrade.

Would consider

Ellis > Heppel/Enright (i think heppel will match enright at 50k less IMO)
Morris > Best forward you can afford so you can grab Carrots in a few rounds
Macca > Couch (makes sense opens MPP)

I hope this makes sense.

Ringo

Thanks CS Makes sense will do the sums. Do not know whether you have the same issue as I do so easy to see improvements in other teams but difficult when looking at your own team.  Thanks for all the help.

If Couch not named would you still get him or do the safety and go Crozier at $12k dearer.

charliesheen

50/50 coin toss.  Even if they both do play its basically half a donut anyway :)

Ringo

Thinking Ellis to Heppell and Morris to Walker. (Like Crows draw when compared to Pies and too many Pies competing for points).

Holding 3rd trade because do not need to downgrade Mac if going to Couch.  Can let him fatten as well as he has relatively small b/e as well.