Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Round 10 not a good week. Only One trade Paine to Darley

SC Score 2155 Weekly Rank 112055 Overall Rank Now 20651 (down 5k)

Saints: Delidio, Goddard, Broughton, Ablett. Selwood, Franklin and Dangerfield
Sinners: Harvey again; Hanley, Horsely, Dal Santo, Rockliff,

Now for the big Decisions with byes coming up 12 trades and only $39,300

Round 11 outs:
Def: Hanley and Darley (Spurr and Geary need to play)
Mids: Rockliff, McDonald. (Pendles?)
Rucks; Jacobs, Giles (reddan and Stephenson need to play)
Forwards: Harvey, Dangerfield, Treloar and Zorko

Round 12 outs
Def: Spur Broughton
Mids: Pendles, Selwood, Magner
Rucks Stephenson
Forwards: Zaharakis Sidebottom

Round 13 Outs
Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Geary, Ellis, Morris
Mids: Horsley, Ablett, Dalsanto
Rucks: Reddan
Forwards: Franklin, Martin, Hall

Suggested Trades for Byes:
Round 12
Morris to Sam Shaw
Magner to Priddis

Round 13
Horsley to Rookie
Hall/Treloar to Beams
Minimum 4 donuts for byes if all emergencies etc play.

Leaves Team after Round 13
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Shaw, L.Spurr(S Darley, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr.  S Pendlebury (C) Selwood, N Dal Santo, M Priddis  (Rookie) J McDonald )
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S Sidebottom,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, D Zaharakis D Beams, (A Hall/Treloar D Zorko)
8 trades left for LTI's back upgrade and finals not ideal but with backs up and down thought could carry a couple of rookies.

Comments or other suggestions welcome

charliesheen

McDonald to Sexton, then upgrading to R12 back premium is probably way to go.

Nothing can do about Pendlebury/Spurr have to hold, but everyone is in same situation.

Ringo

Thanks CS - Is the trade to R12 back prem this week as well or Round 13. Strategy is to try and avoid a donut in Round 12. Want to bring Priddis in for Magner in Round 12 to complete mids.
Injuries have really bitten hard this year. I am probably 2 trades down on where I wanted to be based on original strategy. (Wanted 14 heading into byes)

charliesheen

Ah depends if Geary is named.

You could potentially go R12 or R13.  R12 just means one less donut in R13.

Ringo

What about Geary to Drummond next week also gets rid of the Round 13 bye.  Know injury prone but coming good and at a juicy price. Worth the risk!! No real stand out Round 12 prems after Shaw and Scotland. (Johnson, Taylor, Richards, Duffield not a lot there to inspire but just personal)

Ringo

Round 10 Team:
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Morris, L.Spurr(S Darley, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr.  S Pendlebury (C) Selwood, N Dal Santo, K Horsely, (T Magner,(E) J McDonald )
FWD: L. Franklin, S Sidebottom,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, D Zaharakis A Treloar, (A Hall, D Zorko (E)

So much for planning but not alone:
Round 11 Outs:
Backs: Hanley, Geary, Spurr, Darley
Mids: Rockliff, McDonald, Horsely
Fwds: Dangerfield, Harvey, Treloar, Zorko.
12 Trades 39K

Thinking of the following trades to complete team and to improve cash situation.
Round 11
McDonald to Sexton (Williams probably more riskier JS than Sexton)
Geary to Bootsma (On the bubble and think he will get a few more games with Blues injuries). Could do Spurr as an alternative but not as much cash gain.
Leaving 10 trades and $342k

Round 12
Magner to Priddis
Spurr/Geary to Drummond (In for the ride)

Horsley to Rookie
Treloar to Round 12 Prem can afford Beams, Chappy Stevie J or maybe hold for Goddes.

Leaves 6 trades but prem team complete.

Thoughts on strategy and trades appreciated.

conjitsu

Hey Ringo - i've enjoyed following your progress. slightly off topic though, as a first timer taking this seriously - how many trades should we be looking at having as as we progress towards the end of the season?
for general interest here is my team -
Def: Deledio, Goddard, Broughton, Hanley, Shaw, Morris, Darley, Paine, Delaney
Mid: Stanton, Selwood, Ablett, Rockliff, Kennedy, Smith, Williams, Adams
Ruck: Cox, Giles, Reddan, Stephenson
Fwd: Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Martin, Franklin, Beams, Hawkins, Zorko, Hall, Sexton

charliesheen

With Spurr in the back line, I think you should probably cool off on speculative rookie downgrades here.  Spread the risk in other areas of your team. 

Would try to upgrade Geary if you can directly.  Keen on Rance/Newman/MJ/etc?

Ringo

Thanks again CS - Just did the sums and can afford MJ or Enright with McDonald down to Sexton. Geary to MJ. (Is it worth considering Williams for the extra 30K.  Personally do not think so when JS considered but value your opinion.)

charliesheen

Ringo

Enright or MJ - Enright appears to be on the improve when looked at stats,
Also probably downgrade Horse in preference to Mac to help with byes next 2 weeks.

charliesheen

TBH, I don't think this is the year to play safe with proven premium, has not worked so far.  That is just my personal opinion.

Jmac vs Horsley is a massive coin toss.

Horsley should play next week, may even be a late in this week.  Jmac is gone for me, I don't trust him.  I am still contemplating whether I want Elliot seems to be fulfilling a specific need in the team.

Ringo

Round 11 Flowered like all of us Late out Zaha, Pendles Injury, Spurr not named caused 5 donuts instead of planned 2.

Round 11 Score 1432 Overall Ranking now 20684 (Despite the flower score only went down 33 places).
Did 2 trades Horse to Sexton - Geary to Johnson

This week
Looking at Morris to Sam Shaw
Magner to Priddis

Leaving Round 12 Team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, P Hanley, S Shaw; S Darley, B. Ellis,, L.Spurr (M. Johnson, G Broughton)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr( C), N Dal Santo, M Priddis (VC),  A Sexton, J McDonald (S Pendlebury, Selwood)
FWD: L. Franklin,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield,  A Treloar, A Hall, D Zorko  (S Sidebottom,D Zaharakis)
One donut depending on teams named (Outs highlighted in red)
Priddis named as VC for Captains loophole.
Leaving 8 trades and 33k and 2 Back and 1 forward upgrade

Round 13 byes
Backs God, Lids and Ellis
Mids: Ablett, Dal, Sexton
Rucks: Reddan
Forwards: Buddy, Martin, Hall
Pendles and Zaha make a possible 5 donuts.
Comments and suggestions welcome.

Edit: Also may look at Switching Johnson and Zaha and trading Zaha to a Round 11 Back Pity Waters is suspended though.

charliesheen

charliesheen

R12

Zaharackis > S.Shaw, MJ goes forward.
Magner > R11 premium.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, P Hanley, S.Morris; S Darley, B. Ellis, S.Shaw (L.Spurr, G Broughton)
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr( C), N Dal Santo, M Priddis (VC),  A Sexton, J McDonald (S Pendlebury, Selwood)
FWD: L. Franklin,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield,  A Treloar, A Hall, D Zorko  (S Sidebottom, M. Johnson)

R13

B.Ellis > D.Beams/SJ/Chapman
A.Hall > T.Cloke