Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Good week this week
SC score 2500  Weekly Position 2505 Overall Ranking 21,168 (up 15,500)
Trades completed
Bugg to Spurr
Kennedy to Sidebottom
Round 8 Team
DEF: B. Goddard (VC), B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, S Morris, L.Spurr(J Paine, B. Ellis, )
MID: T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr.  S Pendlebury (C) Selwood, N Dal Santo, K Horsely, (T Magner,(E) J McDonald )
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S Sidebottom,  B Harvey,  D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia, A Treloar, (A Hall, D Smith (E))

Stars: Lids, Hanley, Rockliff, Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Horsely,Dangerfield, Sidebottom,
Acceptable: Goddard, Broughton, Dalsanto, Jacobs, Giles, Franklin, Treloar, and Porps.
Disappointments: Morris, Geary, Spurr, Martin and Harvey.

Actions to consider this week:
What to do with Harvey?
Setting up for byes esp Forwards 3 Round 11 byes need to go to Round 12 byes so looking at Beams  and Zaha? and what to do wih Rucks for byes?
How to bring Zorko into midfield to create DPP? (Out Old Mac or Magner.) Is it worh waiting a week as price will not go up that much due to first week low score as sub.

Decisions?

Jay

Would bring in Zorko for Magner...zorko will rise in price more than magner this week...Thats if u want mpp, id trade hall

Need to start offloading rnd 11 byes...if your not happy with harvey then beams/zaka are good options...but surely boomer is good enough to be a F7 keeper at least? So id keep the faith.

Magner-->Zorko
Porps-->Zaka

Bring in the double 'Z' i reckon :)

Good luck

mmark

For your team I would trade hall > zorko. Pre round 11 I would trade McDonald > non Rd 11 bye forward and swing Zorko into the midfield to maintain your bye structure and create the dpp. By then another forward rookie with a round 12/13 bye should have appeared to fill the place (eg. walsh) if downgrading was the way you wanted to go.

Ringo

Thoughts on these trades
McDonald to Zorko (Magner has a round 12 bye which is advantageous).  Barring LTI will set my mids for byes with final upgrade during byes or just after. (Magner/Horsely/Zorko to Murphy).
Harvey or Porps to Crameri (Looking for a POD and his stats are better than Zaha) With my usual luck Boomer will pull out a big one after I trade.
Both trades suit byes

charliesheen

Whats in bank?

GWS rookie not named > Zorko.  Don't worry about MPP link, you can open it back later by going Horsley > R12 forward.  Or McDonald > Sexton if he looks good.

Paine > Darley the following week.

Ringo

Thanks CS only $32k and 15 trades at the moment.  Appreciate your comments greatly especially as you offer suggestions that I overlooked.  For some reason easy to identify in other teams but not as easy to spot in your own team
Was definitely bringing in Darley next week.  Liked the look of him live on Sunday.

charliesheen

Porps > Zaha a possibility assuming you downgrade a GWS rookie?

Ringo

Thoughts on Crameri rather than Zaha CS.  Take out his stinker (46) against Pies and he is scoring as well as a lot of other forwards at an average 107. Playing GWS, Melbourne in the next 2 may have a day out.

charliesheen

i would back zaha over the long run.  didn't miss a game last year, so that shows he can push through niggling injuries.

Slammer

G'day Ringo,

As previously discussed you and I both have Harvey. As he did not get suspended I think it may be wise if you can to hang onto him. After all he did use to be a premium. He has been heavily tagged but still seems to find a few touches in the last quarter when his tagger gets tired. If they do not put a tight tag on him then I reckon he still has the potential to cut loose.
He is still scoring 60-70pts with the tag I guess. Just a thought anyway as I think I will keep him now and back to have a big one.

Ringo

With all GWS players named who do I trade for Zorko - Magner, McDonald, Treloar, Devon Smith gains cash to go to Zaha or do I just go Hall to Zorko and bank the $60k.

charliesheen

Ringo

Quote from: charliesheen on May 25, 2012, 12:48:40 AM
Whats in the bank right now?
$32k CS - Thank You. Was thinking Smith as Magner has Round 12 bye. Some nice new targets named as well this week.

felsty

Think it would be foolish to trade out any of those 3 gws rookies Ringo.. You may have a plan for byes but youre going to get donuts regardless. Trade out Magner, he can't get much fatter, and save the others for when they are ripe ;)

charliesheen

Why would you replace R12 rookie (with very good JS) with another R11 rookie?  Bye coverage is more important than an extra 30K you can make.

Darley should fix the Paine issue and you only have one R11 in the back.

So this means you need to cut a GWS rookie and probably Porplyzia for an upgrade.  IGNORE breakevens, basically its going to come down to which GWS rookie you think will play in R12 and R13.

Basically coin toss.