Ringo's 2012 Team FF Updated - Please Read and comment

Started by Ringo, October 30, 2011, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Been seriously considering Jacobs with Crows early draw and only faces Mumford and Sandilands as top rucks in the first 10 rounds. Averaged 93 (which included a 50 for the last 11 games) and in second year at new cllub. Will probably make the switch Berger to Jacobs.

Thoughts on NDS v Scott Thompson M4 (Can afford NDS with change) Think NDS is slipping under the radar in most teams Super consistent and only had 6 scores less than 100 and only 2 below 85.  Thomson again in an improving team though so will he increase.  Also seriously considering downgrading Rockliff to Redden thought on this.
Will leave my midfield Ablett, Dalsanto, Selwood, Rockliff/Reddan

charliesheen

Rather NDS than Thompson.  Then upgrade to Swallow.

Can you afford M.Murphy?  Can't see him going backwards.

upthemaidens

thompson in SC, not so good.. much more a DT'er       nick dal is a better choice

Ringo

Could go Murphy rather than Dalsanto but gut tells me Dalsanto will have a better year.

So final changes
Berger > Jacobs
Thompson > NDS
Rockliffe > Reddan

Leaves me a bank of 65k only 5k if I do not do last trade.

charliesheen

Any way to keep Rockliff?  The gap between Redden and Rocky not so big in DT.  But in SC, see Rockliff as better option.

Redden really needs to push 115 which is a 10 ppg big push.

Ringo

As I said above keeping him instead of going Reddan leave me only $5k but I can live with that if need be.

The concern I have and being a Lions man as well is that Rocky will get a litle more attention this year,  Worked on his kicking in the offseason which imo was why his DT scores were higher as he would have lost points for inefficient kicking. So if he has improved that there is the 10ppg. The 2 full games he played in NAB cup scored 121 and 103 SC Points.

charliesheen

10 ppg in SC is a big ask imo (would put him in the top 10 mids).  If you were confident he would do that, he would have been in your earlier team selections.

Ringo

Haven't updated for a while.  Here is my Team as it stands for Round 3

Team for round 3
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Geary, G Broughton, P Hanley, B. Ellis, T Bugg (P Yagmoor, S Morris)
MID: G. Ablett jnr (C), T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, N Dal Santo, (VC) D Shiels, T Magner (T Ledger J McDonald )
RUC: S Jacobs, J. Giles (,J Reddan, O Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J, Porplyzia, A Kennedy,  (A Hall, D Smith)
Cash left $54,100  Trades left 22

Trades made
Golby > Geary
Dickson > Kennedy (Pleased I now went Kennedy and not Milera)

This week will be another to fix rookies
Yagmoor out definitely to Mohr or Hombsch and maybe Ledger to Treloar although this can wait a week if I need a trade due to LTI for Fyfe.

charliesheen

Good trades.   8)

Kennedy was always a must have.  Glad you didn't go Milera.

Ringo

Thanks CS swapped Morris and Bugg  :-[ :-[ Left Bugg on the Pine. Would have won all 5 leagues if I stayed with Bugg as I only lost one by one point.

As a POD if Fyfe out for a period thinking of Waite or conservatively N Roo. Thoughts on this both seem to be going better than last year.

charliesheen

charliesheen

50k.   Sorry only just saw it.  Take proven premium in Boomer.  Great set of fixtures and excellent preseason.

IMO, NROO & Waite are great starting picks, but not so great sideways picks.

You have a good foundation of a team.

GoldDigger

dror

Hi,
Need some help please:
Backs: deledio, goddard, shaw, broughton, bug, hanley, B.ellis, Yagamoo & darley
Mid: Ablett, selwood, magner, pendlebury, sheil, C.smith, ledger & clifton.
Ruck: Cox, Giles, reden, steph
Forward: franklin, fyfe, martin, porps, d.smith, A.Hall, goodes, T,dickson

Not sure if to trade shaw and clay smith?

Please help...

thanks.

GoldDigger

Pls. start yer own thread - it ain't polite to hijack someone else's!