Previous topic - Next topic

How is he looking in your 2012 team?

Locked and Loaded
Most likely
50/50
Possibility
No chance

charliesheen

I am just working with the data available.  Not saying it can't be done, but it is uncommon

Like I said, if I was gonna go in this direction (finding an improver), I would probably be more inclined to pick A.Swallow given his age & desirable fixtures.  Forgot to mention Mundy as well.

Ultimately, preseason will probably dictate most selections anyway.

Torpedo10

As voldemort said I'd be more worried about breakout blues but I'm not worried because I don't think that anything will effect him from having an awesome season.

bowyanger

Quote from: charliesheen on October 30, 2011, 04:44:54 PM
I am just working with the data available.  Not saying it can't be done, but it is uncommon

Like I said, if I was gonna go in this direction (finding an improver), I would probably be more inclined to pick A.Swallow given his age & desirable fixtures.  Forgot to mention Mundy as well.

Ultimately, preseason will probably dictate most selections anyway.

I tried to use pre season stats this year...didnt work well at all, JPK had an average year but standout pre season as one example I can remember, Leeeeroy Jetta was another I think. Pretty much all my pre season research was worthless. Either rookies such as Callinan or Hibberd didnt start, but then the HS blurted out all the players I had earmarked for a good season anyways. I wont be wasting the effort next year.
Lions have a tough draw until rd 8 in my opinion....then come the upgrades to either Redden or Rockliffe

Ziplock

bowyanger

Ziplock

tolla

I'm going to sit on rocky until brisbane's draw eases up a bit and then use him as an upgrade target. i think he might drop a bit in price at the start but then really ramp it up again and improve on last season.

personally I'm a bit hesitant to get him as i went to school with him and didn't really get a good impression, although to be honest i dont have a problem with him. BUT he hung out with some absolute tossers lol which kinda put me off the guy

basically he's not a lock for my starting line up at all. but i think he will definitely end up in my side

Patrician

Quote from: tolla on November 22, 2011, 12:58:34 PM
I'm going to sit on rocky until brisbane's draw eases up a bit

I'm sure Rocky will love that  ;D

Ringo

Do not see the logic in thinking that Rockys price will fall due to Brisbanes Draw.  Of the major Teams we play in the first 10 rounds Rockys SC scores from this year Carlton 90; Collingwood 119; Geelong 126; West Coast 179 and Freemantle 115 so he only scored below 100 against Carlton.  In saying that however I will not be picking him up at first till I see how he handles a tight tag (and I have posted this concern in a number of posts) which no doubt he will receive following this years break out.

Patrician

The tough draw argument is being used for Tiger players as well. I'm not convinced the tougher draw will equal lower scores, but I'm not sure its worth the risk.

At the moment, I probably won't start him, but he's up the list on my upgrade targets.

charliesheen

To be honest, not sure there is too much to read into the strength of schedule.  Some players can do well in weaker teams, because they continue to get the ball while their team does nothing.  Then you have players like Montagna, who probably do better when the team is winning.

** BOLD: top 8 team

2011 BRISBANE DRAW

ROUNDS 1-12
FRE, WBD, MEL, BYE, SAINTS, RICH, GCS, ESS, NTH, ADE, SYD, CARL

ROCKLIFF: 102
REDDEN: 101

ROUNDS 13-24
RICH, FRE, PTA, HAW, GEE, NTH, BYE, ADE, GCS, COLL, WCE, SYD

AVERAGES

ROCKLIFF: 125
REDDEN: 108

To average 125 in the last 10 rounds is pretty incredible.

Samm79