modify dt team

Started by boschie12, October 28, 2011, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boschie12

TEAM NAME: Boschie Team
DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, B. Lake, T. Mohr, B. Smedts (S. Morris, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, S. Clifton, A. Miles (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Cameron, D. Zorko (A. Treloar, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $14,300

would love some feed back

elephants

Like the team.

Not sold on lake (age and fitness), hargrave (same as lake, only one good dt season), Davis never been a good scorer and will be destroyed by opposition chf such as buddy, cloke, JK, Pavlich.

Not sure who the Reid in youforward line is but good team apart from the backline :)

Can you have a gander at mine??

Voldemort

the ones I'm not about are: Duffield, Lake, Hargrave, Davis, Winderlich, Sidebottom, N. Roo and Butcher

Duff has had a miserable time this year with avg of 70 compared to his avg of 87 in 2010, will this poor form carry into 2012? Lake needs to prove himself in the pre-season and in the NAB cup to get into my team. Hargrave was good and then bad, and then ugly, his DT days are behind him, Davis as above, Roos is not a DT premium anymore and his side will start falling, Winderlich has never played a full season, Sidebottom can have really off games and Butcher needs to prove himself more

not a bad team though, strong mids + a big amount of cash left

truBLUE

not sold on lake myself agree with vold needs to impress at NAB cup, great mids

boschie12

Quote from: elephants on October 29, 2011, 01:19:29 AM
Like the team.

Not sold on lake (age and fitness), hargrave (same as lake, only one good dt season), Davis never been a good scorer and will be destroyed by opposition chf such as buddy, cloke, JK, Pavlich.

Not sure who the Reid in youforward line is but good team apart from the backline :)

Can you have a gander at mine??
[/quote

ben reid, western sydney gaints, played well last season.kicked alot of 3 and 4 goal games

boschie12

Bit of playing around with the money i had before, plus the price changes i had over $654,000. Newish team looks like this

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, G. Broughton, S. Fisher, P. Duffield, B. Waters, B. Lake (T. Armstrong, M. Buntine)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, S. Coniglio (W. Hoskin-Elliott, D. Shiel)
RUC: A. Sandilands, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (B. Reid, G. Ugle)
CASH LEFT: $36,600

quiet happen with the improvements. till the draft finishs.

left hayes out with no discount, think k.jack could be in for a big year. also think scott thompson will have a big season, adelaide play port, gws, suns twice this year.so big numbers there if he stay fit.

Ziplock

wait adelaide play 6 games against port/gc and gws?

woooooowwww....

gonna look long and hard at their list...

Devo_

Quote from: boschie12 on November 03, 2011, 11:57:25 PM
Bit of playing around with the money i had before, plus the price changes i had over $654,000. Newish team looks like this

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Goddard, G. Broughton, S. Fisher, P. Duffield, B. Waters, B. Lake (T. Armstrong, M. Buntine)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, M. Barlow, J. Winderlich, S. Coniglio (W. Hoskin-Elliott, D. Shiel)
RUC: A. Sandilands, H. McIntosh (J. Giles, J. Redden)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. Morabito, J. Porplyzia (B. Reid, G. Ugle)
CASH LEFT: $36,600

quiet happen with the improvements. till the draft finishs.

left hayes out with no discount, think k.jack could be in for a big year. also think scott thompson will have a big season, adelaide play port, gws, suns twice this year.so big numbers there if he stay fit.

Backs: Duffield should not be considered until we see evidence of a role change from Ross Lyon. Broughton's role also needs to be monitored, but jump on if he is rotating through the mids. Waters' body can't be trusted. Lake's preseason should be closely watched, but if he's producing the goods, then get on. Armstrong is largely an unknown quantity, but there is potential.

Mids: Good line, apart from Winderlich. I'd move him out for a rookie and pocket $100k

Rucks: I don't see any value in Sandi this year. He's fully priced and it's debatable as to whether you'll get a full season out of him. Perhaps leave a trade up your sleeve if you keep him. All others are good choices.

Forwards: Unique picks there. I actually like the pick of N. Riewoldt, there is value there if he is freed up by the new coach, perhaps he could bring his avg back up to the top level. J. Brown's body is shot, I wouldn't go there. Use the Winderlich money to upgrade Brown. Morabito lacks scoring potential. Porps is a risk with his shoulders, but if he comes off he's a winner.

All up, there is a high risk factor in this side, probably too high. If some or all of Duffield, Waters, Lake, Armstrong, Winderlich and Brown fail, you'll be behind the 8 ball. I'd be looking at getting some more durable players and a couple more rookies into your side to minimise the amount of risk.

Hope that's of some use  ;D

egosbar

broughton burnt me i cant have him but he can rack em add duffield as well lol hope that pays off better then last year

nice mids but winders is too injury prone

nice rucks

forwards are good

boschie12

updated team, hopeful this looks a litte bit better now

boschie12

TEAM NAME: al team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, N. Malceski, B. Lake, M. Buntine, S. Docherty (T. Mohr, S. Morris)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, L. Montagna, M. Barlow, A. Miles (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Winderlich, A. Saad (A. Treloar, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $26,500

have gone with a cheap ruck theory, to add extra midfield.

Colliwobblers

between the cheap rucks and the raft of midpricers i think the team wont do great in the long run.

Will go well early but without many rooks to upgrade and make loads of cash off you wont be able to get premium gun players into your side so your team will perform well early well middle and maybe good late, where teams that use the GUN/ROOK strategy will perform wellish early (with great rooks) good middle of season and great end of season giving them an overall better score for the year and much better chance of winning league finals at the end of the season also.

Not that you've picked any bad players in fact great players both the premiums and midpricers and rooks, just  the wrong mix i feel. Not that i'm an expert :)

In a Gun/Rook side you would have

DEF: 4G-5R
MID: 4G-4R
R: 2G-2R
FWD: 4G-5R

not sure you can actually afford that set up so in actual fact one or two of the Guns might have to be midpricers the likes of grimes,barlow,brown.

I thinnk that type of side is they way to go but im no expert just what i hear a lot around the place :)

boschie12

was think of trading buntine out for ellis and upgrading selwood to swan with about the same money to play with.planing to trade montanga out when he has a bye to body or pendly. the saints and the crows have easy first half of the season. thanks for the feedback colliwobblers

Andrew

Hayes instead of Montagna maybe..? Interesting theory.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: boschie12 on January 11, 2012, 12:43:58 AM
was think of trading buntine out for ellis and upgrading selwood to swan with about the same money to play with.planing to trade montanga out when he has a bye to body or pendly. the saints and the crows have easy first half of the season. thanks for the feedback colliwobblers

good point your absolutely right the swans and crows have ripper starts to the season, and no problem on the feedback, its second hand really i been warned myself to make sur i have enough rookie cash cows to make the money needed to end up with a gun premium side.

You cant tell me all these mid pricers this year arent tempting tho hey i could fill a team with them