Rate my team and I'll rate yours!

Started by elephants, October 28, 2011, 02:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

NEW TEAM HERE!!!!

Salary cap left: $211,400.

Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Tony Armstrong, Matthew Buntine
Sam Docherty, Will Sierakowski

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Michael Barlow, Josh Caddy, Tom Mitchell
Tomas Bugg, Dylan Shiel

Shane Mumford, Matthew Kreuzer
Jonathan Giles, Robert Campbell

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Mitchell Clark, Mitch Morton, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Shane Kersten
Jason Porplyzia, Billie Smedts

Mitch Morton and Tony Armstrong are yet to receive their discounts.
I've left room in the cap for price changes and improvements.

Cicjose

Ziplock

Backs: Pretty standard set, Gibbs for being a beast, Lids for ultra aconsistency, shaw as a unique, Goddard as undervalued, Fisher.... why not? :P
Duffield is clearly based on the premise that he bounces back- entirely possible, he's still quite young. From what I hear though, Bower won't be getting many games...

Mids: Swan, nothing to be said about our brownlow winning machine- and he's even underpriced due to an injury affected mid season :o
Ablett: also a beast, his injury at season start gives him good value as well.
Barlow is a tank, as we all know, his subbing+ discount means he's also underpriced (significantly more than swanny and gablett)
Polec was highly touted last year, but wasn't really given much of an opportunity, so as a second year player he could really shine.
Winderlich's injury in the first quarter, means he'll be ridiculously cheap for a player capable of averaging like 90
Armstrong, tbh, I don't know enough to comment about. COuld be a good pick up though- he changed clubs didn't he? and he had a pretty consistent season last year until his injury. Could really be prime for a break out season- sneaky pick LE

rukcs:
Kreuzer- first year draft pick, and they always come good eventually- as well as that is in a really solid team that should improve. He'll probably be locked in my team as well tbh.
Maric- will be probably be in a lot of teams for the value he offers, he's playing no.1 ruck for richmond and will be rook priced from memory?
your benchies are probably going to be pretty common picks, they look like the best of the lot for the ruck
Stevie J, Buddy, Cloke, were all DT machines in 2011. Personally, I don't think I'd pick Stevie J, but then again, that bit me last year didn't it :P Cloke and Buddy both have the potential to get even better at DT... which is actually really scary. Pavlich... I don't think I would be getting him personally, he's a proven premo, but he's hardly on the improve and at his age... I'd prefer goodes over him tbh.
Mitch Clark is a good punt, although personally before picking him I would do some serious indepth research into the change in players DT scoring after being traded. But if melb. ends up being a half decent side, he could be getting a lot of ball. I would though, at that price range, be more inclined to go for his demon partner Watts, once again a first draft pick, I tip him for a serious break out year this year into some premium status.
Morabito is obvious enough, will feature in half the teams this season.

Honestly, this is probably the best pre season team I've seen so far- you haven't gone, like many including myself have, and just done your team then filler with random first round rooks, you've put a lot of thought into it.

just one question- no Hayes?

good team though,my biggest doubts would be in it
Duffman, Bower, pav and probably Polec. That being said, every player you've mentioned in on my watchlist, and I still rate it- plus we all know at this stage the team will change 1000 times over :P

elephants

Yeah apparently morabito is down as a forward on fanplanner.

Thanks heaps zip. This team took me about 20 minutes last night will defs be tinkering a lot more throughout the summer. Thanks so much for all that zip. Love your work mate!!

Duffy is a personal favourite but I'm tipping him to bounce back well under Ross Lyon.
Bower is very dodgy and id expect him to turn into a high draft pick come the start of the season.

Pavlich is also dodge because inwasnt sure on any other forward premos. Police could pretty easily become Josh caddy I reckon!!

Thanks zip!

truBLUE

love the team elephants , not keen  on bower not sure if there will be much game time for him next season due to Watson/McCarthey, love fwd combo and cash to spare

boschie12

forward line,i think j.davenport has been delisted by port ,

elephants

Bower and davenport have been dropped from my team but I don't Remeber who I bought in. Two rookies anyway.

Voldemort

Quote from: Ziplock on October 28, 2011, 06:10:40 AM
Backs: Pretty standard set, Gibbs for being a beast, Lids for ultra aconsistency, shaw as a unique, Goddard as undervalued, Fisher.... why not? :P
Duffield is clearly based on the premise that he bounces back- entirely possible, he's still quite young. From what I hear though, Bower won't be getting many games...

Mids: Swan, nothing to be said about our brownlow winning machine- and he's even underpriced due to an injury affected mid season :o
Ablett: also a beast, his injury at season start gives him good value as well.
Barlow is a tank, as we all know, his subbing+ discount means he's also underpriced (significantly more than swanny and gablett)
Polec was highly touted last year, but wasn't really given much of an opportunity, so as a second year player he could really shine.
Winderlich's injury in the first quarter, means he'll be ridiculously cheap for a player capable of averaging like 90
Armstrong, tbh, I don't know enough to comment about. COuld be a good pick up though- he changed clubs didn't he? and he had a pretty consistent season last year until his injury. Could really be prime for a break out season- sneaky pick LE

rukcs:
Kreuzer- first year draft pick, and they always come good eventually- as well as that is in a really solid team that should improve. He'll probably be locked in my team as well tbh.
Maric- will be probably be in a lot of teams for the value he offers, he's playing no.1 ruck for richmond and will be rook priced from memory?
your benchies are probably going to be pretty common picks, they look like the best of the lot for the ruck
Stevie J, Buddy, Cloke, were all DT machines in 2011. Personally, I don't think I'd pick Stevie J, but then again, that bit me last year didn't it :P Cloke and Buddy both have the potential to get even better at DT... which is actually really scary. Pavlich... I don't think I would be getting him personally, he's a proven premo, but he's hardly on the improve and at his age... I'd prefer goodes over him tbh.
Mitch Clark is a good punt, although personally before picking him I would do some serious indepth research into the change in players DT scoring after being traded. But if melb. ends up being a half decent side, he could be getting a lot of ball. I would though, at that price range, be more inclined to go for his demon partner Watts, once again a first draft pick, I tip him for a serious break out year this year into some premium status.
Morabito is obvious enough, will feature in half the teams this season.

Honestly, this is probably the best pre season team I've seen so far- you haven't gone, like many including myself have, and just done your team then filler with random first round rooks, you've put a lot of thought into it.

just one question- no Hayes?

good team though,my biggest doubts would be in it
Duffman, Bower, pav and probably Polec. That being said, every player you've mentioned in on my watchlist, and I still rate it- plus we all know at this stage the team will change 1000 times over :P

nice write up! I agree with most of it, wouldn't be getting Duff though, and I would be looking to have a stronger ruck duo. Rucks are vital, dont mess with them. Fyfe over Pav as Fyfe will play in the mids more next season and Pav will be KPP. (Freo heavily hinted this), overall, one of the best teams by fanplanner I have seen

good job!!!  ;)

elephants

Thanks everyone.
I'll be doing a fair bit more tinkering over the summer but thanks for all the advice!

Master Q

PowerBug

Backs: Strong, 7 keepers there. Few uniques, all good.

Mids: Two super premo's, tick, Then three guys with injury concerns will be interesting, Barlow should pay off, less confident over Polec and Winderlich. Armstong at a new club is also interesting.

Rucks: Same benchies as me, so double tick there. :) The onfield rucks are interesting. Maric is my concern, whether he'll be good enough to win the ruck. Then again i have Renouf, so i'm the same possi :) Kreuzer looks good, hopefully he is still a ruck.

Fors: 3 super premo's, tick, Matthew Pavlich is interesting. It is said that he'll be playing alot more forward next season, thus needing goal to keep his score up. And Jason Davenport was delisted, which was a bad decision by Port, so yeah... you need to change him if he's not picked up by anyone.

Also, you have alot of cash in hand. Good/Bad?? I say wise choice. I have 17 keepers from your starting team.
Overall verdict: Big Tick!

elephants

Thanks PB. I have made changes and I'll post them up to tonight.

elephants

Oh and Josh Caddy and Tom Mitchell are filling rookie spots. They'll more than likely change come nab cup and round 1.

zeus123456

Backs look very solid with Gibbs a superstar, Goddard a superstar, Shaw good unique, Delideo Dt freak, Scotland great dter, but age? Armstrong at a new club sounds good to me. Duffield in my Opinion wouldn't touch.

Swan and GAJ should be the 2 most picked players in DT and are absolute freaks of nature who you got to have. Barlow who had a great 2010 season should be a good pickup, but all comes down to NAB preseason. I've got both Caddy and Mitchell, both good players.

Rucks look good. Mumford is an absolute giant who destroys anyone in the ruck with a great amount of hitouts,possesions,tackles and even goals, but injury is a worry. Kruezer for me is a good pick for next year who came back this year from injury and scored a 133 in his first game back, watch him preseason !

3 big powerful forwards that everyone would have. Clarke I don't know about. Brown in my opinion is a no, but could turn out alright. Morton not so sure.

Overall team looks very good and the best Fanplanner team I've seen good job LE :)

elephants

Thanks loads Zeus. Gives me a lot to think about.

Scotland is a machine and to be honest doesn't play an overly taxing role on the half back flank. I'll keep him despite your valid point about his age.

I think I'll drop duffman down to a rookie and spend the money elsewhere.

Rookies will obviously be watched during the offseason.

Mumford is a slightly unique ruck option who thrives under sydneys stoppage style game plan. Besides
I need a reason to watch Sydney games haha.

brown and Clark are only there as I see value written all over them. Apart fromthe three forwards I already had I don't see any strong premium forwards out there. Morton I see as being a very solid dt scorer. Yet to pickup his discount I think he'll be a good pick especially with the way Sydney make showerhouse players decent.

Thanks Zeus I'll analyze your team tomorrow. :)