Rate my team and I'll rate yours!

Started by elephants, October 28, 2011, 02:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2012, 07:52:07 PM
Salary cap left: $101,300.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Kyal Horsely, Dylan Shiel James McDonald, Tom Mitchell

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit annoyed I wasn't able to fit Clifton into my midfield.

The byes have been taken into account.

Thanks all.
Hey someone posted my team  :o   . Not quite but very close i managed to squeeze Clifton in. Our teams are set up the same way but slightly different. I would give you a 9.5/10 but it's not exactly the same as mine so it will have to be 9/10  ;D . Good job

elephants

Haha thanks FF. Good minds think alike right?
Mid rooks are still up in the air a bit...

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2012, 11:16:48 PM
Haha thanks FF. Good minds think alike right?
Mid rooks are still up in the air a bit...
Im finding it hard to put all my GWS rooks in to fit my structure very annoying

Football Factory

Keep an eye on Marty Clarke i think he can come straight in and do a job for the pies nice and cheap too. Watch him in the Nab and consider for your backline i think he would fit your structure nicely.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/125069/default.aspx

elephants

Oh yeah I'd just about be keen on him. Is your team on here somewhere, do you need me to rate it.

Master Q

elephants

Thanks Q. Improvements? Grimes I presume?

Matt_352

8.5 - 9 / 10 rate my new one please it under My December Team

elephants

Cool, I'm assuming that there are no obvious improvements?

Matt_352

Colliwobblers

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2012, 10:38:14 PM
Thanks mate. So no real changes?
I'll look at your team now ;)

its a solid team i should probably copy it except you rated mine highly so i'll stick with it :)

I would only look at dawes of the mighty pies through pre-season and nab, remeber last year cloke started slow dawes ripped it up was top 3 for at least 6 weeks maybe a few more, so if dawes gets off to a great start again that will cost cloke some DT points. Also if Marty Clarke comes in and takes possessions in the FWD line close to goal and is a viable good option up there that may effect cloke also. Hard to pass up cloke on end of 2011 results but i dont think the start was quite as solid and if dawes hadn't gone to poo would cloke have finished so well?

As i think I said brown and grimes have to fire to be good choices i have brown, if not doing so through nab cup upgrade them or one or the other up and the other down,...

And the only other thing and ill make it a question, why the $101000 in the kitty? trades or you just cant find a worthwhile use for it ?

elephants

Thanks man, I'm considering dropping Cloke for Sidebottom. Bit of a wait and see there thanks for the heads up.

Grimes could become Waters. I honestly don't know... Not enough premium backs around these days... Pretty happy with the structure but another round 11 bye player may not be all bad, i just have a bit more confidence in someone like Grimes than Waters (even though he is one of my fav. players)

I was happier to have my team how it is now and the 101k spare is a bonus. I'll no doubt tinker tonight and post updates.

Thanks matey.

underdog11

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2012, 07:52:07 PM
Salary cap left: $101,300.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Jack Grimes, Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr, Steven Morris Billie Smedts, Beau Wilkes

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Kyal Horsely, Dylan Shiel James McDonald, Tom Mitchell

Matthew Leuenberger, Ben McEvoy Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, David Zaharakis, Dustin Martin, Jonathan Brown, Ahmed Saad, Tommy Walsh Dayne Zorko, Sam Rowe

Elephants i Love it with a capital L! I really like the unique choices of-Scotty thompson, i think it shows real balls to go for a player like him and i hope that pays off for you. I like that you chose your backline as your cheap area. I think there alot of good cheap rookie backman who could score around the same price as a mid-price/premium for a hell of alot less. Personally my cheap area is back and ruck because Giles and Stephenson are more then capable imo. Im not sold on Mcevoy i still think you could do better. Overall great team 97/100---------------------------------------------

here is my team, feedback and advice wanted, cheers.

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Jack Grimes, Adam Tomlinson, Marty Clarke
Brandon Ellis, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Joel Selwood, Michael Barlow, Lenny Hayes, Dayne Zorko
Luke Brown, Dylan Shiel

Aaron Sandilands, Jonathan Giles
Sam Rowe, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Darren Pfeiffer, Billie Smedts
Adam Treloar, Hayden Crozier----------------------------------

elephants

Thanks UnderDog.
Who would you consider a better ruckmen than McEvoy? I think that he'll be going solo next year with no Gardiner to worry about.

Your Team

BACKS - Scotland + Goddard + Lids will be the best three backmen next year in my opinion. solid choices. Good to see you're taking advantage of the discount in Grimes and Waters... and the rookies are solid.

MIDS - Again nice work on Barlow and Lenny. These guys COULD potentially average 110+ if all goes right for them. Strong premiums and good rookies although i'd rather pick the best rookie available rather than one just because it has mpp.

RUCK - Somewhere had to suffer due to your relatively strong midfield and backlines. Again though three rooks that should play and a premium (although not someone i condone as a ruckmen as he won't play 22 games)

FWD - Again very nice. Buddy + Cloke + Martin + Roo + Brown are all potentially the strongest forwards in the game. Nice rookies although i'm not completely sold on Crozier....

All in all very nice team man. You've taken advantage of the injury discounts and while there is a lot to be gained there is also a lot to be lost. This is a very risky startegy BUT if it comes off you have won yourself a new Toyota.
Nice risk but be wary of having too much.
Thanks mate.

Football Factory

Quote from: elephants on January 02, 2012, 11:43:41 PM
Oh yeah I'd just about be keen on him. Is your team on here somewhere, do you need me to rate it.

GUNNERS Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by FOOTBALL FACTORY. Salary cap left: $84,100.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Brett Deledio, Beau Waters, Marty Clarke, Steven Morris, Beau Wilkes
Brandon Ellis, Tim Mohr

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson, Stephen Clifton, Dylan Shiel
Darren Pfeiffer, Brendan Lee

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Steve Johnson, Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, Allen Christensen, Jonathan Brown, Curtly Hampton, Dayne Zorko
Tommy Walsh, Sam Rowe

If you could rate my team Ele would be appreciated