Neon Leon SET to leave Pies

Started by truBLUE, October 25, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truBLUE

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125476/default.aspx

who would of thought leon davis would leave  ??? 

Davis' situation emerged earlier on Tuesday evening when his close friend, football commentator and ex-Magpie Brian Taylor, told 3AW the 30-year-old was set to leave the Magpies and play in the WAFL or SANFL next year.

"Leon wanted to stay at Pies, but not comfortable with the deal. Any other current AA not played next year, don't reckon. no dollars left

not comfirmed yet

c4v3m4n

Torpedo10

Hoping he goes to the Eagles.I think it will be awesome for DT if he goes to WCE.

Legen...DARY

So with Neon Leon leaving... And a vacant spot in the back six... Do the pies rejuvenate Alan Didak's career in the exact same fashion as they did with Davis???

If so - lock & load!!!

ossie85

Dids was just injured all year! But it is an interesting question....

truBLUE

Quote from: Legen...DARY on October 26, 2011, 11:33:55 AM
So with Neon Leon leaving... And a vacant spot in the back six... Do the pies rejuvenate Alan Didak's career in the exact same fashion as they did with Davis???

If so - lock & load!!!
be very interesting to see the role didak will play ,you would think he may go wce/freo or possibly adel/ port considering he wants to return either sa/wa  ???

Grazz

Was a bit of suprise when i heard it on the news this morning, i wonder if another club may throw him a lifeline.

Holz

I think freo should seriously look at going after him, with leon in the side i think they can chalenge the top teams, not sure if i would pick him up in DT even if that did happen, and infact i feel it could hurt players DT wise like broughton.

Bluke

Freo has ruled out selecting him, and the eagles are pretty sure they dont want to either.

Not sure whats going to happen. I think if he slips through to the pre-season draft the Eagles would be mad not to take him. Not sure he is worth either of our top two picks for one seasons of football.

Would fit dockers better since its clear they gunning for a premiershower...

dmac07

Sad to see him leave collingwood, has had his ups and downs but overall has been a great player for the club with two AA selections.

It would be more of a shame if he is not playing afl at all next year though, no disrespect to the wafl or sanfl but he's too good for that.

Maybe he could be the extra speed the egles need to go with all their good big men. Or maybe him and an also aging johncock could split a similar role between them at the crows?

Holz

Quote from: dmac07 on October 26, 2011, 07:51:13 PM
Sad to see him leave collingwood, has had his ups and downs but overall has been a great player for the club with two AA selections.

It would be more of a shame if he is not playing afl at all next year though, no disrespect to the wafl or sanfl but he's too good for that.

Maybe he could be the extra speed the egles need to go with all their good big men. Or maybe him and an also aging johncock could split a similar role between them at the crows?

davis, waters and hurn rebounding out of defence is pretty scary considering you have the best FB in the league down there.

dmac07

Quote from: Holzman on October 26, 2011, 08:33:24 PM
Quote from: dmac07 on October 26, 2011, 07:51:13 PM

davis, waters and hurn rebounding out of defence is pretty scary considering you have the best FB in the league down there.

would be very scary. The shut down ability and class of glass, waters toughness and marking, hurns giant boot, and the speed and kicking of davis

Bluke

I think it all depends on who is available at pick 24(?) and 28 (?). He there isnt much else available maybe he is worth it. But, I still think the Eagles are one more season away from a real crack at the GF

kingkingston

Quote from: Bluke on October 27, 2011, 12:29:51 AM
I think it all depends on who is available at pick 24(?) and 28 (?). He there isnt much else available maybe he is worth it. But, I still think the Eagles are one more season away from a real crack at the GF
Eagles are a long way off making the GF i think, their better players are old and they maybe have 1 last crack at it before they put Cox, Glass, Kerr, Embley out to pasture

Holz

Quote from: kingkingston on October 27, 2011, 12:36:16 AM
Quote from: Bluke on October 27, 2011, 12:29:51 AM
Eagles are a long way off making the GF i think, their better players are old and they maybe have 1 last crack at it before they put Cox, Glass, Kerr, Embley out to pasture

i would think freo are much close for a flag i really dont see why they dont go after him. Possibly they are scared of backlash after go for guys like mcphee but really if you can add a AA player to your list with what would normally be a second round or compo pick than do it. If he goes into the national draft than freo should snap him up. The only reason i can think they are not targeting him is possibly salary cap problems.