Neon Leon SET to leave Pies

Started by truBLUE, October 25, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voldemort

Quote from: Holzman on October 26, 2011, 02:44:41 PM
I think freo should seriously look at going after him, with leon in the side i think they can chalenge the top teams, not sure if i would pick him up in DT even if that did happen, and infact i feel it could hurt players DT wise like broughton.

would be pretty good... I'd have thought that he would prefer to go to WCE

Grazz

Rumour has it WC and GWS are pretty interested. Thats coming out of SA anyway.

ossie85

Not sure if the Eagles or Dockers could afford him really, assuming Leon wants to be paid a decent amount.

So, Giants he'd probably fit very well as a rebounding defender.

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 27, 2011, 04:26:12 PM

Not sure if the Eagles or Dockers could afford him really, assuming Leon wants to be paid a decent amount.

So, Giants he'd probably fit very well as a rebounding defender.

I agree Ossie, Eagles would be hard pushed to pay him enough i think, thats the reason he left the Pie's after all. The smart money would have to be on GWS.

truBLUE

he couldn,t reach an agreement with collingwood  ,so gws would be able to make him a better offer you,d think

Voldemort

GWS will be starting to look like a decent side if the like of Leon Davis joins them

PowerBug

Quote from: Voldemort on October 27, 2011, 10:30:03 PM
GWS will be starting to look like a decent side if the like of Leon Davis joins them
Almost too decent. I can't see Davis going to GWS though, they'll be over the salary cap.

Ziplock

you reckon PB? I doubt they're close to the cap atm, even with large offers going to some of poached/ out of contract players...

dmac07

Quote from: Ziplock on October 27, 2011, 11:04:29 PM
you reckon PB? I doubt they're close to the cap atm, even with large offers going to some of poached/ out of contract players...

have to agree, gws will have 20-25 players on their list from the draft that will be on under 100k to even it up. They probably even have room to employ his wife as a secretary one day a year for an extra 100k  ;)

truBLUE

GWS is not on leon's radar ,Davis has expressed interest in playing with West Coast or Fremantle and has also indicated he would consider basing himself in Adelaide. He has also been approached by WAFL clubs . ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125659/default.aspx

Voldemort

Davis won't go to GWS, as said by truBLUE, he's more worried about his family so any of the SA or WA teams could snap him up (dont think Port could afford him anyway)

Torpedo10

It would have to be Freo or WCE because he dumped Collingwood because he wanted to be closer to family. Family should always come first.

truBLUE

family in WA his partner is in SA ,he said he 'd consider SA but not sure weather port or crows could afford him

Voldemort

Adelaide should have some space in cap, but who knows, it's Adelaide  ;)

PowerBug

The Sunday Mail (Adelaide's Sunday newspaper) said that West Coast, Fremantle and Port Adelaide are not interested in drafting Leon Davis, although some interest was shown by Glenelg, one of the SANFL sides. Their only concern is the salary cap, obviously.