50/50
15 (37.5%)
Not for me
3 (7.5%)
You must be joking
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 5

CrowsFan

My second installment of players I think could jump to prem status in twenty 12 is featuring...

David Zaharakis - Essendon
21 years old, 53 games played

2011 Stats
Games: 22
Total Score: 2,005
Avg Score: 91.14
High: 138
Low: 43
Centuries: 10 from 22
High Price: $415,400 (round 18)
Low Price: $337,900 (starting price)

Predicted 2012 Price (m0nty fan planner): $484,100
Position: Forward/Midfield

Summary
Zaharakis had a great year in 2011 managing to play all 22 games for the first time, and increasing his average per game from 69 to 91, a healthy 22 points increase, he also took home the best and fairest award at Essendon. Although it was a good year he was still fairly inconsistent, with 6 scores of 70 or below. Zaha was vital to Essendon and when he fired so did the whole team. Zaha finished the year as the 10th best scoring forward in SC.

Decision
With the lack of many true premiums in the forward line these days with the decline of Roo and Brown etc, Zaha is pretty much already locked in to my side unless he gets injured pre season. I believe with another year in the system the inconsistencies will begin to fade and he will start pumping out the hundreds almost every week. What do you guys think?

Nieso FC

In my first Drafted side and just about a lock for mine!

Voldemort

I agree CF, he has shown that he is a very talented player. I have him at 50/50 for the time being but it looks like I will have him in my team the SC starts. If Hird plays him more on ball it will be a bonus

Torpedo10

Boomz

If he's listed as a fwd then he's a lock...

charliesheen

Will need a really really good preseason.   Like Winderlich a bit better as a mid priced place holder. 

Given his price, if you were to pick Zaha it would almost have to be keeper, which I feel someone like J. Brown is a bit safer (because he is proven).

Bluesman

not sure if i agree with you on this one charliesheen...although i do on most things.  :)
These days i wouldn't say Brown is any more proven than Zaha who has much more upside with potential to only increase you would think. Despite Brown's injuries that shouldn't affect his scoring...i am not certain his scores even leading up to his injuries were that great. Agree not many premium forwards but surely Zaha is ahead of Brown for mine (which kills me to admit being a Bluesman!!)   :P

charliesheen

Can't argue with that.

The way I look at it is this, J. Brown has the runs on the board, so he is ahead in my books.  I think Zaha is a promising pick, but will need a very a big preseason to convince me like I said.

Rewatch J. Brown in round 1, right before his facial collision, he was seriously dominating, and was a massive smokie pick in 2011.

Its going to be tough.

NRoo, Didak, J. Brown, surely not all 3 of them are going to bounce back, so choosing the right one is going to be crucial. :O

Ziplock

I would place my faith in them rebounding in this order
1. Brown
2. Riewoldt
3. Didak

Voldemort

I think NRoo will never be a premium again, his best days are behind and his playing are numbered. Brown could potentially be in the same list, but we will have to wait and see. Didak, for me, is the best option. With a full pre-season he should be rearing to go under a new coach. The final verdict? Alan Didak

truBLUE

Quote from: Ziplock on October 26, 2011, 04:32:07 AM
I would place my faith in them rebounding in this order
1. Brown
2. Riewoldt
3. Didak
+1 with all getting a solid pre season ,and price are worth a look in ya dt side, interesting with Didak if Davis goes what sort of role he might play

Nieso FC

Brown is getting on and does play in the toughest spot. For me Didak is a safer option if he has a preseason.

This year should be a wake up call to him!

Agree with N.Roo, he may have seen his last season in my team.

Fenno

pretty sure his break out year was last year. Will improve again but you can't say 2012 will be a break out year for him because 2011 was his break out year.

Maca24

Lock it in if he has MPP.
Guys like these are extra midfielders.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fenno on October 29, 2011, 02:55:43 AM
pretty sure his break out year was last year. Will improve again but you can't say 2012 will be a break out year for him because 2011 was his break out year.
Agree with you there, but if you look at the first thread I made (Rory Sloane), I said it these threads would be about people who I thought would either move up to prem status next season (Zaha not a prem yet), or improve their avg by 15-20 points per game, something I think he could do. Break out possibly the wrong expression to use but couldn't think of anything else ;)