50/50
19 (38.8%)
Not for me
17 (34.7%)
You must be joking
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 6

CrowsFan

Well everyone has been doing some profiles, so thought I would get in on the action. I will do them on players who I think could have a break out year, either getting in to prem status or just increasing their avg around 20 ppg or so.

So first up we have...

Rory Sloane - Adelaide Crows
21 years old, 33 games played

2011 Stats
Games: 18
Total Score: 1,590
Avg Score: 88.33
High: 145
Low: 58
Centuries: 2 from 18
High Price: $428,000 (round 23)
Low Price: $337,400 (round 15)

Predicted 2012 Price (m0nty fan planner): $469,200
Position: Midfield

Summary
Sloane improved again in 2011, increasing his points per game by 16 from 2010. In a poor year for the Crows, Sloane was one of the more consistent players. He is a tough nut who isn't afraid to get in and under packs to win his own ball, also a tackling machine so he will always gain points there. Although he only scored 2 hundreds for the year he still scored very well, scoring above 80 in 13 of his 18 matches. At only 21 and playing under a new coach who will hopefully improve the Crows I can see him averaging over 100 points per game in 2012.

Decision
He is one of those players at an awkward price, so for me it is a 50/50 on picking him up. There are a lot of others at a similar price, but will be watching his pre season closely to see how he goes. Will you take the risk on Sloane in 2012?

Ringo

As you say CF he is at that awkward price, Looked good in quite a few games and I put him in my memory bank but as you say will watch him preseason to see how he goes.  Classifying him the same as Daniel Rich who will be similar price.

Torpedo10

Will be a great player but is at an awkward price :-\. I think I will pass this year.

AFEV

I've had him locked in since Round 18 last year.
Love the kid and I'll make way for him.
I always like to pick 2 guys in that awkward price range - Last year I started Mundy and Embley and that worked out quite well.

Voldemort

he's nearly premium price, Lenny Hayes ahead him this year

truBLUE

Quote from: Voldemort on October 27, 2011, 12:08:57 PM
he's nearly premium price, Lenny Hayes ahead him this year
+1 vold lenny/barlow well above

j959

Sssh CF!   ;)

nah, but TBH i thought 2011 was going to be his 'break-out' year and he did increase his scoring in that regard, consistency started to get up there too - think he would have nailed it if not for that elbow/arm(?) injury ...

just a bit too awkwardly priced this season it looks like ...

reesbr

Apparently put on 3.5 kg of muscle. I am considering him...

tferrier18

He's too expensive to take a risk on I think because I don't think he'll increase that much, maybe ~5 points. Adelaide aren't really going places this year either.

He's an awesome player and I considered him last year but he'd have to increase to over 100 to be worth it but i don't reckon he'll do it this year

Miss Pies

Just so you know I voted 'you must be joking' *giggles*

Boomz

Good player & should improve again. Playing for Adelaide is what puts me off.

Colliwobblers

Massive pre-season - great fitness - bulked up - differnt coach ...

I don't know, i think thompson will continue to dominate the midfield and the possesions and it will be very hard for sloane to lift 20 points.

Lots of upside but i think at his price there has to be no doubt, or downside and for me there is doubt, not on him but on his role in the side and his ability to accumulate the points.

Nice first candidate imo.

bomberboy0618

I want him. I just dont know if I can afford Ziebell and Sloane in the same midfield.

CrowsFan

If I were you BB I would look at only picking one of Ziebell or Sloane not both of them ;)