Main Menu

Colin in trouble again

Started by Cruiseon, October 24, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I was a little surprised when Sylvia was dropped late last year and there was talk of him being traded. He has a lot of ability but is he going to be one of those blokes who mucks up al teh time and never gets to his potential?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sylvia-dropped-from-rules-squad-after-car-crash-20111023-1mena.html

j959

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 24, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

I was a little surprised when Sylvia was dropped late last year and there was talk of him being traded. He has a lot of ability but is he going to be one of those blokes who mucks up al teh time and never gets to his potential?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sylvia-dropped-from-rules-squad-after-car-crash-20111023-1mena.html
you read the article and he wasn't driving - maybe it's my dislike of the AFL hierarchy (in this case Anderson) - i think they're a bit arrogant in their demeanour generally (just coming across really 'holier-than-thou' imo) - but it does smack of poor judgment from him no doubt ...

Holz

if this story is 100% i dont know what the expected colin to do, form my understanding they drove away. should he have got out of the car and let the driver drive away?

Cruiseon

This incident doesn't look to bad in isolation, but stuff just seems to follow him.

Combined with him being out of favour at the end of last year, I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight?

Boomz

Surely there has to be more to it than whats said in the article...

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on October 24, 2011, 03:33:08 PM
if this story is 100% i dont know what the expected colin to do, form my understanding they drove away. should he have got out of the car and let the driver drive away?

He shouldn't have been drinking and staying out all night, the night before training!

truBLUE

Quote from: ossie85 on October 24, 2011, 03:53:14 PM
Quote from: Holzman on October 24, 2011, 03:33:08 PM

He shouldn't have been drinking and staying out all night, the night before training!
+1 being  a team leader he should of known better very dissapointing

Ziplock

Yeah, he must have been drinking, hence why his friends was driving him in sylvia's own car. Otherwise the afl are just being blatant pricks lol.

hatta

Who cares seriously, what he had a drink in off-season.. sure he had training the next day but it was a kick around with the round ball, a muck around session for the guys to get used to the new ball. its not as if he had Pre season running the next day.. he was passenger he doesn't legally have to stay around. But harsh if you ask me, I'll bet he has a huge season

Torpedo10

He still should not have been drinking. He agreed to be in the team and if your in the team you have to turn up to the training sessions. It's a bit disappointing. :( :'(

Ziplock

Quote from: hatta on November 01, 2011, 08:51:24 PM
Who cares seriously, what he had a drink in off-season.. sure he had training the next day but it was a kick around with the round ball, a muck around session for the guys to get used to the new ball. its not as if he had Pre season running the next day.. he was passenger he doesn't legally have to stay around. But harsh if you ask me, I'll bet he has a huge season
+1

clubs are being unreasonably dickheaded about drinking.

ossie85

? He was out all night and drinking before a training session. Whatever you might think of it, it is an official AFL match. What is Sylvia had played and got injured because he was ill-prepared? How happy would Melbourne be then?

And yes it wasn't an illegal thing for him to leave the scene. But it was a pretty poor thing to do.

Ziplock

not going to  a training session the day before is going to make you ill-prepared and cause an injury? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on November 02, 2011, 08:32:40 AM
not going to  a training session the day before is going to make you ill-prepared and cause an injury? I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Not the training sessions as such, but drinking a liquid that causes you to be dehydrated while at the same time not resting your body, and then going out playing a high-intensity sport? Of course it increases the chance of injury.

Ziplock

so long as you consume water after/ inbetween drinks, dehydration is no issue. Whenever I go out dirnking heavy, I always drink like 2L of water when I get home, and have no issues with hangovers/ dehydration.

and hey, you can get home late and still get 8-12 hours sleep in before a game.