2012 Ladder

Started by maanco, October 22, 2011, 12:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Richmond to make the 8 i think in 6th spot

Usman

Quote from: TheMailman on November 05, 2011, 07:46:28 PM
Isn't firepower different to X-factor?

Regardless, you'll find that the Swans best games are not when goodes takes 15 marks and has 38-9 possesions but ones where the disposals and goals are spread very evenly.

That's the whole reason I believe they beat the Cats and almost beat the Pies this year.

Goodes never has and never will get 38-39 possessions but I see your point. I don't agree with your poor though as when goodes dominates so do Sydney but I respect your view.

Ringo

Still believe Melbourne and Brisbane are the smokeys for the eight this year  especially considering their draws for the last 11 games (Melbourne playing no one from this years top 4 and only St Kilda from the Top 8 )

Ziplock

ehhh, he's had 33-35 possession games before, so 37 to 38 isnt that much of a stretch

Usman

I know I know, but he is ageing and has to slow at some point. Although those 33-35 diposal games were probably last year if I am not mistaken? Goodes has just never been the type of player that gets huge disposal numbers he very rarely gets over 30.

TheMailman

I understand what you guys are talking about although I feel Sydney really won't drop much when Goodes leaves

Swans always make the eight and with a relativly good draw. I think they'll go 6th-8th

Their young ones in Hanneberry, Jack, Reid etc. still need to mature before they can smash into the top 4 again  :)

elephants

I think the swans will be the team over the next decade or so that finish 5th - 10th. No big surprises for better or worse IMO.

Bluke

Quote from: elephants on November 28, 2011, 01:41:00 AM
I think the swans will be the team over the next decade or so that finish 5th - 10th. No big surprises for better or worse IMO.

+1

Wes Mantooth

After careful consideration and assessment of the draw I've developed the following:

COLLINGWOOD
HAWTHORN
CARLTON
GEELONG
FREMANTLE

WEST COAST
NTH MELBOURNE
SYDNEY
ESSENDON
RICHMOND

ADELAIDE
ST KILDA
BRISBANE
PORT ADELAIDE
WESTERN BULLDOGS
MELBOURNE

GOLD COAST                         
GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

PURPLE = 15 wins +
BLUE = 14-10 wins
ORANGE = 9-5 wins
RED = 4 wins or less

Jukes

Mine, considering all teams receive equal injuries;
Top 8: Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong, Fremantle, Carlton, Essendon, Sydney, St Kilda.
Bottom 10: West Coast, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Richmond, Adelaide, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS, Port Adelaide.

meow meow

You can get $2 odds for Freo to make the finals from most betting agencies.

Remortgage the house.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Cicjose on October 22, 2011, 03:35:30 PM
why does everyone think the eagles are top 4?

they fluked it this year

they fluked it? wow... idiot.

TheMailman

Nobody can fluke a 24plus game season Cic

ossie85

The Eagles didn't fluke it, they won when it mattered. But they did overachieve IMO, 5th-8th for me, and could slip out if any of there keys get injured (Cox, Glass, Priddis, Kennedy)

j959

Quote from: TheMailman on January 03, 2012, 08:42:14 PM
Nobody can fluke a 24plus game season Cic
and @Wes - Cic is just a one-eyed Freo supporter so that makes him an Eagles hater as of right ...  ;)