Jed Anderson

Started by maanco, October 22, 2011, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maanco

Has anyone heard of this guy hes from the NT and was named in the All Australian under 18 team, also plays in the best team in the NEAFL(The top teams from NSW/ACT/QLD/NT)

This year the one and only NT team won the premiership convincingly and Jed most of the 22 games.

I'm surprised to see that there is no talk about him and its surprising to see him not listed in Knightmares mock draft, considering he was in the AA team and a create young player.
I'm sure the Saints would pick him up. (i hope)

What surprises me is there is alot of talent up here in Darwin yet not many get drafted!

He is a back flanker which racks it up Averaged just over 80 DT points in the under 18's!!

So will you be picking him up? Have you heard of him?

Justin Bieber

Well he's 17 so he's in the mini draft rather than the national draft this season :).

Indeed he looks to be a great Defender for 2013, but he's ineligible to play next season which is why no talk of him (Crouch and not a whole lot O'Meara as well).

maanco

that does explain it, but he is 18 next year?

Justin Bieber

But with new rules, they must turn 18 in a certain period (can't remember what though) for them to nominate for the National Draft that year, which he doesn't fall into.

Don't think he was picked up in the mini draft so he'll nominate for the draft next season. If GWS traded more U17 mini draft picks, he could have found himself on a list (although he wouldn't play AFL footy next season).

Grazz

No i hadnt heard of him untill now, one for the future by the sound of it.

pothead

he is a gun and will score well when he plays in 2 years time and maanco here is heaps of talent that gets overlooked in the territory look at some players like Waylon Manson and some of the kids runninng round for Tiwi give them some good coaching and they will be stars.

truBLUE

gonna be some great choices of rookes for dt 2012  ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: truBLUE on October 26, 2011, 12:25:20 PM
Probably in the midfield rather than anywhere else! It'll be the rookies everywhere else which is where many could go wrong Rookie wise :-X.

truBLUE

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 27, 2011, 02:54:03 PM
Probably in the midfield rather than anywhere else! It'll be the rookies everywhere else which is where many could go wrong Rookie wise :-X.
wouldn,t be the first time ive failed on a bad rookie choice ,hoping jed may be a right one  ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: truBLUE on October 27, 2011, 10:24:18 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 27, 2011, 02:54:03 PM
wouldn,t be the first time ive failed on a bad rookie choice ,hoping jed may be a right one  ???
Jed will come in contention for DT 2013 ;). Next season's backmen don't have alot of mouth watering prospects, most of them lie in the midfield. Don't think you could go wrong in the midfield rookies next season (Should get say a Coniglio/Wingard/Tyson/Shiel/etc). It slims elsewhere else though so hopefully can get through some of the lesser known rookies who are in with a shot elsewhere.