Main Menu

Cricket Bats, might not be the right board

Started by FisherSaints, October 21, 2011, 09:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherSaints

I need a new bat, just a cheapish one, and I've got $50.00 to spend, what one should I get

AFEV

50 bucks probably won't get very far, although it does depend on who old you are and how serious you are about the game ;)

As for bats the best advice I can give you is don't pick what bat you want or have one in mind before you go into the shop and buy it. Always go on the feel rather than what you can read off a computer screen ;)

Currently using the Newbery Uno SH. Got it late last season and so far it's a breeze.

PowerBug

Yeah, don't buy off the computer, always go to the shop. You'll know what's right for you.

Voldemort

You could get any Puma Kasmir willow bat, although they won't last very long  ::)

FisherSaints

Master Q

Get a Gray but it'll cost you way more than $50.

valkorum

I batted #11 when I was playing and a cheap Gray cost me $300

Edit:  Safe to say my bat saw more action at training than at a game

Voldemort

there are no English willow bats on the market for $50, not even $100, so just get a decent Kashmir willow

Grazz

Whatever you buy make sure the bat is weight suited and sized to suit you, not just the best bat you could afford. No point having a bat you cant swing and spend some time knocking it in.

pothead

don't bother getting a bat with $50 save up and get one thats actually half decent

Grazz

Quote from: pothead on October 21, 2011, 01:28:33 PM
don't bother getting a bat with $50 save up and get one thats actually half decent
+1 Thats what id do.

roo boys!

Yep I agree with pothead.

I am currently using a GM, Grade 2 English willow, goes pretty well. Planning to get a Bradbury S Players as my next bat, have used it a fair bit at the stores and it is a great bat. Would go and buy it now, but so far my current bat hasn't done anything wrong so no point replacing it. The Bradbury is a better bat but only marginally.

TheMailman

pyronerd

yeah if you can save around $200 you can get a decent SM sized bat, which is basically the same as a full size bat except a bit shorter and lighter, a $50 bat won't do if you are going to be hitting proper leather balls, trust me, I know from experience :P

Master Q

Quote from: pyronerd on October 21, 2011, 08:02:22 PM
yeah if you can save around $200 you can get a decent SM sized bat, which is basically the same as a full size bat except a bit shorter and lighter, a $50 bat won't do if you are going to be hitting proper leather balls, trust me, I know from experience :P
Yep they'll just snap...