Main Menu

FF Get Together...

Started by RiOtChEsS, October 21, 2011, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

RiOtChEsS

awesome guys 8) obviously il be fairly flexible having already cleared a trip to Melbourne next year with the wife, it will upset work anyway so i dont think the date will be a huge issue for me the wife will be doing all the work for once :P

if we start to workshop dates as Kai and Oss have we can start to narrow down the round/weekend and i can start looking at accomodation packages etc, surely if we all stay at the same place we can get a sweeter deal ;)

id be keen to make a weekend of it too and see a couple games...

Sorry PB we cant be responsible for an underage in the big smoke, u will probably lead us astray  :D

BGK

We should get a list together of what club everyone who may come supports and when the draw comes out see if there is a round that can accommodate most if not all the clubs we support.

nas

Think Hang Over will  be the main problem with me just quietly IF I can go. Will have to check the work roster with my rest leave.

c4v3m4n

Definitely keen. I think we should also organise a game of footy too, the FF/Elxam Cup! Vics v All-Stars?

Master Q

Quote from: c4v3m4n on October 21, 2011, 12:50:08 PM
Definitely keen. I think we should also organise a game of footy too, the FF/Elxam Cup! Vics v All-Stars?
That's a great idea.

Grazz

Cool looks like theres going to be plenty of interest. I support the Crows but i'm happy to watch any game, Collingwood's ok
but as i said i'm not fussed, its more about catching up with everyone. If we are going to have a game of footy, we need to confirm that early to give some time to get a bit fitter, i couldn't run out of sight on a dark night at the moment haha.

ossie85

Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2011, 01:17:29 PM
Cool looks like theres going to be plenty of interest. I support the Crows but i'm happy to watch any game, Collingwood's ok
but as i said i'm not fussed, its more about catching up with everyone. If we are going to have a game of footy, we need to confirm that early to give some time to get a bit fitter, i couldn't run out of sight on a dark night at the moment haha.

Running's that sport with Usain Bolt in it right?

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 21, 2011, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2011, 01:17:29 PM

Running's that sport with Usain Bolt in it right?

lol yeh i reckon thats the one Ossie.

Dudge

At my age, i;ll have to be goal umpire :-\

RiOtChEsS

awesome ideas guys im keen for any game support The Blues but would love just to get back to the G again (1988)

id give a game a go rekn it would be awesome need to consult both my buggered knees first ;D

il be bringing my camera gear so i could document some of the game too ;)

Quote from: Dudge on October 21, 2011, 01:49:40 PM
At my age, i;ll have to be goal umpire :-\
i dont think it would be all that serious mate so we could always play u out the goal square ;)

McRooster

Oh you know I'm there  8)

This is where me and the boys stayed for rnd18 last year http://www.knightsbridgeapartments.com.au/ it is only a 600m (if that) walk from the MCG. $99 bucks a night we got it at and had three to a room.

I'd suggest the weekend of the second Carlton v Collingwood game once fixtures are announced. The atmosphere at that game last tear with around 78k was awesome.

The footy match could be had down at Punt Rd, pretty easy walk from Knightsbridge apartment (as is the CBD at 4.30am  :P)

Quote from: McRooster on January 05, 2011, 09:50:03 AM
Fantastic Marcz  8)
Here is a photo I took of rnd 18 Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG, not as stylish as your fine work but what a day!

Quote from: McRooster on January 05, 2011, 07:34:25 PM
Quote from: BoredSaint on January 05, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
ITS ROOST
This is me at the G BS, before the big game. The guy about to attack me is my Carlton supporting mate, followed by the guy who bought the Aussie cricket cap  ;D

ALL-STARS  8)

Ziplock

just got absolutely flowered in london.  wHETHRE or not hatr meajns squar anywhere else I dunno. Ilt all ff member :)

Grazz

Never been to the "G" and thats just sad really, have no excuse. Marcz i will pick your brains on some photography topics i bought a DSLR 2 years ago and only just starting to experiment with it now, i got 2 lenses with it and bought another in Cairns last year for
some landscape shots.
Sony A200 Camera body (Will upgrade this when im good enough)
1x 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6  (ok for general photography ie parties bbq's etc)
1x 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 (i like using this lense the most, versatile as long as the object isnt more than 30mtr's away)
1x 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 ( I really wanted a good wide angle lense for landscapes but they didnt have one and the guy recomended this as the next best thing he had, cost me $1300 and did take some great shots,was able to fit alot more in the shot but wasnt to thrilled to be honest.).

Can you give me a quick run down on those lenses ie what you would use them for if you would use them at all
and what you use for your landscape shots (ive seen your Photography Topic,some great stuff there.)
Im also keen on getting a decent telephoto lense any advice there.

Grazz

That sounds perfect McRooster, within staggering distance is always good.