Sid's Selections • 2012 Player Profiles • Daniel Hannebery

Started by AFEV, October 20, 2011, 01:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Daniel Hannebery feature in your SuperCoach team in 2012?

Absolutely!
0 (0%)
Probably
0 (0%)
50/50
8 (34.8%)
Perhaps
10 (43.5%)
No Way!
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

AFEV

Daniel Hannebery
2010 Statistics
Games: 22
Average: 84.4
High Score: 121
Low Score: 56
Starting Price: $405,700
High Price: $425,900
Low Price: $329,000
Centuries: 6
2012 Fanplanner Price: $447,400
Summary
After a very slow start to 2011 (he failed to get a score of 90+ until round 9 against Hawthorn) Hannebery kicked on to slightly improve the average which saw him win the Rising Star in 2010.

He's silky, courageous and fairly durable (shoulders), with a lot of room to improve average wise I could see him hitting a 100+ average in 2012.
With players like Jude Bolton beginning to age, will Daniel step in and take the points?

Verdict
Well, his price is a little steep for me, however I'm not going to shower the door on a kid this talented. I'll take a 50/50 and watch him closely this preseason.

EDIT: The font & size got messed up.

charliesheen

If I were to go for a mid pricer from Sydney, it would probably go to K. Jack, tackling machine.  Injury riddled 2011.

Torress

his shoulders turn me off!!

i started K. Jack this year but he got injured, in came pav so wasn't that bad. Jack could be a good unique next season but probably won't deliver high enough scores, to not fall behind u gotta have the super prems in your midfeild.

bowyanger

The kid can definately play, good to watch as he runs straight at it...not sideways or in the opposite direction, hes not one of those seagullls that skirt the packs for an easy possession either. I think he will be a great player in 2 or 3 years...just a little young now which can bring inconsistancy
Ive got JPK on my shortlist as a premium mid, I resisted getting him last year but he had a great finals series, I reckon he will step up to the plate by improving his DE

Torpedo10

I think we should pass Hannerbery this year. I'm hoping 2013 is his year.

Boomz

Quote from: charliesheen on October 20, 2011, 02:44:15 PM
If I were to go for a mid pricer from Sydney, it would probably go to K. Jack, tackling machine.  Injury riddled 2011.

Same for me.

Voldemort

but KJack is a tagger, somedays he gets good tackles, other days he doesnt and when he doesnt, he wont get many disposal either so his score will be pretty low

charliesheen

Quote from: Voldemort on October 22, 2011, 03:27:53 PM
but KJack is a tagger, somedays he gets good tackles, other days he doesnt and when he doesnt, he wont get many disposal either so his score will be pretty low

Check his 2010 stats mate.  He is too good to be wasted on pure tagging roles.  Whether the coach also thinks this, I don't know and that's the risk you take.

Ringo

Quote from: charliesheen on October 22, 2011, 03:50:51 PM
Quote from: Voldemort on October 22, 2011, 03:27:53 PM

Check his 2010 stats mate.  He is too good to be wasted on pure tagging roles.  Whether the coach also thinks this, I don't know and that's the risk you take.
Also look at his initial 2011 stats prior to injury.  Like Torress I had picked him as a unique to start and he was averaging close to 100 prior to Injury which is acceptable for a M5/6 which is where he was in my team. Due to injury he became Priddis so I can nor complain.